Primaris Reinforcement and Unknown Progenitors

Dumah

Well the Tiger Claws went missing and what returned wasnt the whole chapter so I think if anyone wanted an Astral Claw successor then there certainly an opening there for the return of another remnants of the Tiger Claws.

All that was left of the Tiger Claws was one company, they found their homeworld dead and their captain 'disapeared' when he went to Terra to request gene-seed to rebuild. The remainder ran to the Astral Claws who hid them in their own ranks and withheld gene-seed tithes to increase their own strength and to help rebuild the Tiger Claws.

Plus, as far as the wider Imperium is concerned, the Tiger Claws never came back. The returned Marines were hidden by Huron within the Astral Claws, with the truth only coming out towards the end of the Badab War, and covered up in the same way as the other details of the Astral Claws. They aren't reviving every extinct Chapter with Primaris Marines, so I highly doubt the Tiger Claws would receive any new Marines.

My 2 cents: This is why Cawl never released the Primaris. Each Chapter is established with a gene bank on Mars. So, Cawl would make a set of Primaris reinforcements for all 1000 Chaters, and along around Chapter 500 there would be a new Founding he'd put at the end of the queue

Mechanicum literalism: The order was to reinforce all Chapters with Primaris

My 2 cents: This is why Cawl never released the Primaris. Each Chapter is established with a gene bank on Mars. So, Cawl would make a set of Primaris reinforcements for all 1000 Chaters, and along around Chapter 500 there would be a new Founding he'd put at the end of the queue

Makes sense, but I wonder what he did with reinforcements that were meant for Chapters that went renegade or outright turned to Chaos?

Cawl: "You're an Ultramarines successor. You will be a newfound Chapter, dedicated to upholding the Primarch and Lord Regent Guilliman's ideals."

Primaris Astral Claw: "But you told us..."

Cawl: "Events occurred since the time you went into stasis, and my previous statement no longer applies. The Astral Claws turned traitor, devoting themselves to Chaos and the destruction of the very Imperium they once served. You'll be an Ultramarines successor, or the other High Lords of Terra will petition Lord Regent Guilliman for your destruction; the Lord Regent may even grant their petition, considering the harm your former brethren inflicted upon the Emperor's realm."

Primaris Astral Claw: "Feces! Okay, brothers, we need a new name. How about Ultra Claws?"

I just figure that's where the new Foundings came from- reinforcements for dead Chapters.

In my headcannon, Cawl is also responsible for the shortage of Storm Eagle, Terminator armor, and plasma gun parts. Requisition priority for components. When he felt close to done, suddenly Chapters started receiving their shipmentd

Eh Cawl didn't make Primaris for specific Chapters. He made Primaris from specific geneseeds which then after the Indomitus Crusade got send into different successor chapters. There were some rather unhappy Primaris because they expected to get send home to their parent chapter but then learned they'd serve in a successor chapter far away from their home planet even.

Cawl was literally just responsible for the production. The logistics afterwards was done by Guilliman and probably some other high ranking officers.

Makes sense, but I wonder what he did with reinforcements that were meant for Chapters that went renegade or outright turned to Chaos?

Cawl: "You're an Ultramarines successor. You will be a newfound Chapter, dedicated upholding to the Primarch and Lord Regent Guilliman's ideals."

Primaris Astral Claw: "But you told us..."

Cawl: "Events occurred since the time you went into stasis, and my previous statement no longer applies. The Astral Claws turned traitor, devoting themselves to Chaos and the destruction of the very Imperium they once served. You'll be an Ultramarines successor, or the other High Lords of Terra will petition Lord Regent Guilliman for your destruction; the Lord Regent may even grant their petition, considering the harm your former brethren inflicted upon the Emperor's realm."

Primaris Astral Claw: "Feces! Okay, brothers, we need a new name. How about Ultra Claws?"

Well I have an idea for a Chapter named the Claws of Ultramar now...... Damn you!

Archived