Crimson fist power weapon color?

Rizara

So i am taking a small census so to speak.  I am old school and like my power weapons to have a colored blade.  I like the glowing sword over the traditional metal.   So which color is best for crimson fists.  

My two options right now are to do a turquoise built to white blade, or to go with the green blades.   I personally am not sure the green looks as good.  It stands out more, but it feels more like a clashing color, while the blue blade only works if your crimson fists dark blue isn't brightly highlighted.     Also for me, this will likely be my plasma glow color as well as lascannon cables. Could also become optics elsewhere as needed.  

Other options are orange or purple.  However I have only seen them with blue or green.  

So...which do you guys prefer?

Blue blades/turquoise -- keep the color in the range of colors

Green/neon green - clash against the colors, make it pop.

Orange - are weapons are blazing hot, salamanders can't have all the flaming weapons

Purple - we just want to be different and red and blue make this color. 

Here are two options for you...I've been using this sort of jade color for my ultramarines and it looks good with the blue armor while still popping quite a bit.

gallery_92768_13434_1743.jpg

For my Librarian i used purple, since its a force sword and i wanted it to look different from the power weapons in the army, but also a darker blue armor which is probably closer to what you're doing with your Fists.

gallery_92768_13434_271331.jpg

thanks guys.  I decided to go with a jade green.  I liked the look of it, but looking through my pots of green paints, the brighter shades are a bit dry, and the only shades I have to really work with are the jade colors (necron abyss/kalibite/sybarite greens), or orc flesh colors.   So i opted for the jade.   The turquoise would look good, its just with all that blue it might get drowned out a little bit on the whole. 

The Jade color I got through painting it turquoise and then glazing with waywatcher green:

Sotek green

Drakenhoth shade

Lahmian medium thinned Sotek in diagonal sections

Lahmian medium thunned temple guard blue in diagonal

Baharroth blue edges

3x waywatcher green

Baharroth edges

Baharroth shimmer lines

Blue horror dots on shimmer and top edge

1x thin waywatcher green

If you want to see what Sotek green, temple guard blue, and baharroth blue look like on top of the Ultramarines color without the green glazing you can check out the Inceptors I did in my UM wip thread (link I signature). It actually pops pretty nicely. Against a darker blue on crimson fists it would look pretty good too I think.

I like the purple and the green but would love to see how orange looks for comparison, or even yellow but it would be harder for yellow to show well on a silver sword, maybe a problem for orange too.

Archived