Making necrons warriors from ghost/doomsday ark spares

Halfpint100

Hey all just a question. I made my ark into a doomsday ark and have all of the necron warrior bits spare. Has anyone turned these into reanimating necron warriors at all? Was thinking of giving them a go and see if i can bulk out my squads with some different looking warriors. Anyone got any tips?

Thanks

Personally I wouldn't because there are arms cast folded across the chest, which would take way too much work to remove and replace, and all the parts you would need to add would be taken away from Warriors that could have been normally built.

Here's the best executed ones I could find in a quick search, maybe they will help to inspire you.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qIbqiC4yoSs/U5ioV-_Yv5I/AAAAAAAADlY/vdTvSBlnF_U/s1600/IMG_8696.JPG

Personally I wouldn't because there are arms cast folded across the chest, which would take way too much work to remove and replace, and all the parts you would need to add would be taken away from Warriors that could have been normally built.

Here's the best executed ones I could find in a quick search, maybe they will help to inspire you.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qIbqiC4yoSs/U5ioV-_Yv5I/AAAAAAAADlY/vdTvSBlnF_U/s1600/IMG_8696.JPG

Who made these models?

your really going through bins if you need to convert those guys to warriors :ermm: that would be a lot of time and effort better spent ...making money to buy normal warriors :biggrin.:.

They would make good objectives though!! that's as awesome as i can think of :sweat:

Mithril 

I have a plan now! going to scatter the parts in a necron warrior squad to add a bit of character so they dont all look the same. I like the damaged ones still killing, it is very necron IMO. when i get some going I will post pictures 

• 2 weeks later...

I've only cut up Necron arms to reposition but it was pretty easy with some pinning and the occasional tiny bit of GS to cover it up. Warrior legs I could see being annoying because you have to reposition the whole leg starting at the hip, not just the thigh. Still, I think I'd take all that work over trying to reposition the feet on those standing legs from the Ghost Ark sprue. They don't even all have two whole legs.

gallery_95729_15253_242960.jpggallery_95729_15253_72241.jpg

I hope that works, added a few pictures of my work. Life is reducing the time I have, but have made a little progress. (sorry if the pictures are too big, this is the first time I have put pictures up on B&C.

I need to get hold of some more full guns, the only ones i have don't have the front part or the end piece, but these are getting there. The legs which are not squatted i have been cutting apart and re positioning them. Though i have seen guides using hair driers which i might try for some others. I think these add a bit of character to an otherwise monotonous squad.

Any C&C would be appreciated!

Archived