Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Points Bad Moons w/ Evil Suns Detachment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ThePumpkinTribunal

ThePumpkinTribunal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

So I'm still a very new player and only have experience playing Custodes. That list was way easier to build considering the limited options, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with building my Ork army due to the amount of options. Here's my first attempt at making a list for them. Mind you I'm not looking to play tournaments with them, just looking to have fun in casual games. I originally bought the Burna Bommer and Morkanaut models just because I loved them and wanted to paint them, so they're sticking in just based on the cool factor I hold for them. Everything else is up in the air.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) [85 PL, 1604pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Clan Kultur: Bad Moons

+ HQ [10 PL, 202pts] +

Warboss [4 PL, 78pts]: Power Klaw, Kustom Shoota

Weirdboy [3 PL, 62pts]

Weirdboy [3 PL, 62pts]

+ Troops [36 PL, 759pts] +

Boyz [11 PL, 223pts]
. Boss Nob [20pts]: Power Klaw [13pts], Slugga
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa [203pts]

Boyz [11 PL, 223pts]

Boyz [11 PL, 223pts]

Gretchin [1 PL, 30pts]: 10x Gretchin [30pts]

+ Elites [17 PL, 179pts] +

Nobz [14 PL, 114pts]
. Boss Nob [19pts]: Big Choppa [5pts], Choppa
. Nob [19pts]: Big Choppa [5pts]

Painboy [3 PL, 65pts]: Power Klaw [13pts]

+ Heavy Support [15 PL, 310pts] +

Morkanaut [15 PL, 310pts]: Kustom Force Field [20pts], Kustom Mega-blasta [9pts], Kustom Mega-zappa [17pts], 2x Rokkit Launcha [24pts], 2x Twin Big Shoota [20pts]

+ Flyer [7 PL, 152pts] +

Burna-bommer [7 PL, 152pts]: Skorcha Missiles [20pts], 2x Supa Shoota [20pts], Twin Big Shoota [10pts]

++ Total: [85 PL, 1602pts] ++

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Orks) [27 PL, 396pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Clan Kultur: Evil Sunz

+ HQ [6 PL, 120pts] +

Deffkilla Wartrike [6 PL, 120pts]: Speed Freek, Warlord 

+ Fast Attack [21 PL, 276pts] +

Warbikers [7 PL, 92pts]

. Boss Nob [23pts]: Choppa, Slugga, Stikkbombs

. 3x Warbiker [69pts]: 3x Choppa, 3x Slugga, 3x Stikkbombs

Warbikers [7 PL, 92pts]

Warbikers [7 PL, 92pts]

++ Total: [27 PL, 396pts] ++

++ Grand Total: 2000 Pts ++

So here's what I'm thinking (with my limited experience):

Evil Suns:

The Wartrike and the bikes do their best to get into contact with enemy models on turn one, befitting from being able to advance and shoot thanks to being Evil Suns. I split the bikers up into mobs of 3 giving them the ability to grab objectives if needed while still fulfilling the requirements to have an Outrider Detachment (and thus letting them be Evil Suns).

Bad Moons:

Grots shield the Boyz mobs as much as they can as they slog their way into cc. Burna Bommer softens up infantry and lessen overwatch shots for my charging units. Both Weirdboys will have Da Jump and will hopefully be able to help getting my CC units into the fight. 

The Morkanaut will provide some firepower and possibly be used as a transport for the Nobz? They could benefit from the KFF as they're small and can easily be within 9" of the Mork (given models have to be wholly within the 9" bubble). They'd try to deal with elite/multi-wound models. 

Being a very CC heavy army I still think Evil Suns fits them best, but I could be wrong. Boyz with pistols rerolling would be nice, and it also helps the Mork from not hurting itself with its Kustom Mega guns. 

I know warbikes aren't the best, but I think they have potential if used correctly...and I might be using them incorrectly? 

Any insight would be nice! Feel free to rip it to shreds. Gotta start somewhere, though.

Edited by ThePumpkinTribunal, 29 January 2019 - 01:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users