Trokair’s Assorted Projects

Trokair

Random periodic updates, my local gaming group is getting into Necromunda so I have been busy of late making these nine Van Saar gangers. I have three more part build ones for when I need to expand the gang/weapons options down the line.

gallery_29932_13153_93964.jpg

I have also been working on some Grey Hunters for my Space Wolfs, I’ll get some pictures of them up soon.

• 3 years later...

So, way back I started this thread to help me keep all my various projects in one place and such as I tend to focus my hobbying in various event here on the forum.

Well looks I failed on that account for while I have done plenty of hobbying during the years of Nurgle’s rot I haven’t kept this thread up to date. I’ll try to remedy this, and will also update the first post as I do.

Let’s start with the most recent projects.

7th Rhûnish Dragoons

I have had this idea for many years, toying with it every once in a while, and concluding that it was just a bit too resource intensive and tricky for me to do at the time.  Then last year a friend gave me some leftover bits from the plastic Krieg kit, and with it I converted a Kill team as a proof of concept in @Lysimachus's Knives in the Void event.

While there is some mismatch in proportions and size of arms and such at a distance I think it worked. An open toped chimera conversion soon followed as well as an Enginseer. Around this time I also acquired a second hand hellhound, which was promptly striped and repainted so that I had this little force.

image.png.66e83194d380209e108190354db1fc95.png

Fast forward a bit and the new guard goodies are coming out along with new Rough Riders. It seemed the perfect time to expand the 7th Rhûnish Dragoons. While it did take some more months to acquire kits and conversion bits I am finally making headway in the building part of what I intend to be round about a 1000 points. Fortuitously @GreenScorpion's Build, Paint, Discover Event, an Astra Militarum Hobby Challenge event came along at just the right time.

So far I have completed 10 Rough Riders and am working on a pair of Ordnance Field Battery.   

image.png.b8df134f4f8c438dee2f240c7b0eba0e.png

Roger Roger in M41

Another project that took a few years to get off the ground, in large part due to indecisions. I’ll be brief, as this project has actually got its own thread.

I like B1 Droids, Something in them just spoke to me when I saw Ep 1 all those years ago. So when I stumbled across the SW Legion plastic during one of the early Lookdowns I went out and acquired some. Initially it was just going to be a small force. However as Nurgle’s rot continued I acquired a few bits more here and there, and by the time it came to build them I had a lot. While there had been some mild interest in SW Legion in the local community it was not a lot and I suspect if I built them for Legion I would hardly ever play them, so conversion to 40k it was, and a year and half or so of umming and procrastinating I had settled on Eldar and the Droidari (as named by a player in the local community) where started. Unpainted so far, but a fair number has been built as can be seen in their thread. 

Ironheart Prospectors

A Necromunda Squat gang (that has yet to see a game) that I hope to expand on in the future. The recently revealed Skalvian Explorator looks interesting.

Spoiler

large.IronheartFin1.png.19d5bd4aec8450a3

The Brasa Gothar

My League of Votann, been slowly working my through them a few models each month.

Spoiler

image.png.cecf3ea337ff29deab9a92f877bcc76a.png

I am still undecided whether I fold the Dwarf Mechanicus into these guys, or where I leave them separate.

Also been playing them in 10 in Crusade and having a good time with the dwarfs.

World Eaters

With the plastic on the horizon I dug out the old Jugger Lord and refurbished him, and I managed to grap a box of Zerkers and a plastic Jugger Lord shortly after release as well as Khârn I had from before. The rest of the planned army was stuck in warehousing issues for a long time but i do think i have it all now and am slowly building and converting it up.

Spoiler

large.RR2023JuggerLordFin.png.9f3d949ca8

Spoiler

large.WEJuneFin.png.2ce0e01bbc43504b4efc

I think that includes the last year and a little bit. Also a shout out to @Grotsmasha and his 12 Month of Hobby threads, over the last few years they have been a constant help in getting a little done throughout the year.

Edited by Trokair

Thanks, it was a combination of having two left over horses form when I did the Rough Riders (as the Easterling Kataphrakts box comes in 6s) and as I built the first Field Battery I noticed that the two beam/arms things could freely move and come together as if it was designed to be hooked on the back of a trailer or so.

• 1 month later...