Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daemon, to blob or not to blob?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

domsto

domsto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

So i am thinking on starting a little Daemon Army as my new project for this Year.

I love the Idea of big blobs of lesser Daemons, namely Horrors to swarm the Enemy with.

But how does Moral effect them?

In the Codex i found no way to make them Moral Immune, or buff it at least.

Yeah i know with the Icon you gain some on a roll of 1, but that's not very reliable.

My Question is, is it better to play multiple minimum size Units so moral is no problem or to play big blobs of 20+ Models to maximize the effect of Spells and Stratagems?

A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt.

CrystalSeer

CrystalSeer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts
Core rule book has a strat to autopass morale on 1 unit for 2cp. Blob to your heart's content. 30 horrors is only 210 points and puts out 90 shots.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,302 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal
Take one big unit if you have a reason to take bigger units (deep strike and/or other buffs) and then some smaller ones. If you don't have anything that benefits a bigger unit more than two smaller units just go with the smaller ones as there's no real difference theme-wise between those anyway.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

Cant really play daemons without blobbing.  Just load up on battalions(CPs) and hope they dont have enough shots to blast you off the table.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users