40k Victrix Honour Guard + Guilliman iconography query

h0U5e

I'm currently building a Sons of Orar army for 40k using mostly MKIV and MKVI plate as I like the aesthetic. I plan on playing tournaments so I need to use Guilliman (new codex when). I also have found the Victrix Honour Guard rules to be quite competitive. However both of those models are covered in Ultramarines iconography which looks goofy next to the Omega symbols and shoulder pads decorating my army.

Has anyone seen any good examples of VHG or Guilliman converted to their own custom chapter?

I'm thinking of using the Betrayal at Calth Cataphractii terminators I have sitting around to convert into the VHG as they would represent 2+ armour on a 40mm base well and be the same size as a primaris marine.

Obviously I would then be at the mercy of any TO for tournaments I attend and would potentially need to buy the original VHG sculpts to sub in for any line of sight arguments however I imagine I wouldn't run into any issues.

Guilliman has two main UM symbols - on his right knee and left shoulder pad. The knee should be simple enough to file away and replace with an Omega symbol but I would love some advice for how to handle the shoulder pad. It has more detail and might be tougher to file cleanly as it is larger and more rounded. I expect some amount of green stuff to be required though I am new to using it.

Any examples / tips / tricks would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Archived