Ultimate Telemon build /choppy

The only other thing I think of off hand for the Telemon is the obvious pairings.

-Vexilla Magnifica

-A infantry unit to get a tanglefoot grenade off.  

-From Golden Light They Come

-re-roll auras

Yep. the unbeatable three.

- Telemon on teleportarium chamber. 

- Shield captain on bike

- Vexillus praetor on allarus 

In my opinion they should keep the center of the field taking an objective and kicking all the asses that is possible. To do this the telamon should have two fists.

All this come for 544 points. could it worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

After getting some games in, as much as I want to run double fist, I think double storm cannon is going to be the way to go. At least as the current rules stand.

A squad of 3 Aquilon with bolters is slightly cheaper than a double fist Telemon, and will do comparable damage to "hard targets" eg: knights, leman russes etc. The Telemon is more durable in some cases, but less reliable vs high damage shooting in comparison to Aquilon (Volcano Cannons.)

The big advantages the Aquilon have over a double fist Telemon are that they can deepstrike from reserve for free, being able to shoot a screen when they come in from reserve (the telemon can but needs to use 3CP for the teleport homer strat,) having more quantity of attacks if you must wade into a horde (or get rushed by one,) and that since the Aquilon are infantry they can climb ruins and are obsec.

Edit: One factor the double fist Telemon has going for it, popping up from Reserve will cause some Shock and Awe, but this won't work as well on more experienced players.

I've played 2 games with 2 x telemon both loaded out with fist and arachnus, I'm gearing my lists up for the new CA eternal war missions only and having the fist has been huge, once you get these guys centre board they are an absolute nightmare to deal with. And there are a number of armies that can tie you up now so the fist is really key there. I think if I was running one it would be double arachnus, and when I test 3 I'll run 2 as above and one with double arachnus.

I like the idea of parking two in the middle of the board and controlling the area all around there. You'd really need to want to charge one if there are two there (because the second one will get in on it), and shooting at it is tough. So its aggressive board control. As long as you have some flexible elements in your list you can really play around that.  

I ordered a Caladius as soon as the email notification came in the other week I got it in standard time although the site said up to 10 days for fulfilment.

I need to build my Telemon ... :D

Dual fists baby B)

Archived