Alternative wulfen FW preview Deathsworn for Horus Heresy

Dantay VI

Finally the last special unit for Space Wolves in 30K have been previewed.

These are proto wulfen, so I am wondering if they would make a good alternate option to running full wulfen, or at least help with conversion work..

Thoughts??

Picture courtesy of Max Malherbe on facebook

51141351_10218276423403657_5586660740128

51044275_10218276423283654_2268012731112

Possibly, but love the dynamic poses.

Use wulfen grenade launchers for the stasis grenades and mix i wulfen arms/ weapons and you got a gorgeous alternative to the curret wulfen  models.

In 30K Deathsworn are considered the fore runners to wulfen ie, these are Wolves who have not yet gone full wulfen, as the wulfen effect wasbrought on by the battle of Prospero ( the combat stress and the effects of the warp)

o will make ace wulfen who hve come back as 13th company

Finally the last special unit for Space Wolves in 30K have been previewed.

These are proto wulfen, so I am wondering if they would make a good alternate option to running full wulfen, or at least help with conversion work..

Thoughts??

Picture courtesy of Max Malherbe on facebook

51141351_10218276423403657_5586660740128

51044275_10218276423283654_2268012731112

holy :cuss.

I need their bits

Use wulfen grenade launchers for the stasis grenades and mix i wulfen arms/ weapons and you got a gorgeous alternative to the curret wulfen  models.

In 30K Deathsworn are considered the fore runners to wulfen ie, these are Wolves who have not yet gone full wulfen, as the wulfen effect wasbrought on by the battle of Prospero ( the combat stress and the effects of the warp)

In the leman Russ novel however there is a couple Marines that go Wulfen and that was pre-prospero.

Use wulfen grenade launchers for the stasis grenades and mix i wulfen arms/ weapons and you got a gorgeous alternative to the curret wulfen models.

In the leman Russ novel however there is a couple Marines that go Wulfen and that was pre-prospero.

That is correct, however at the time of Prosperous nobody was aware of the wulfen effect outside of the legion barring Lion el Jonson and the DA's from the Wolf King story.

Therefore the Deathsworn were the closest anyone knew of the curse until it was seen fully manifested on Prospero.

And then by the warped Raven Guard in Weregeld which occurs well into the heresy.

They do look a tad broader than the usual mk3. 

I need them.

They do look more beefy than normal. might just be the angle the picture is from. hopefully these get a showcase soon.

I also wonder what the price will be

EDIT - As realised painted version up on WHQ:

HHWeekender-Feb2-HHDeathsworn26lm.jpg

I think these look great. The one at the back with his leg raised looks a bit weird..but i think with different arm/head positioning could look less like hes in the middle of a dance and instead just charging straight at something.

I think its all the fur/strappings making them look bulkier...but for once im really happy with the balance they've got between fur and wolf bling and armour (and the fur looks tons better than the armour.

Would for sure pick up some of these to run as wolf guard for my lost company, or even just using bits with other models for varied grey hunters etc.

Or if you want to run 5 wolf priests :)

Really hope the heads are also available separate.

As I want to replace most of my reiver heads with them.

Also plan on buying a bunch of these.

Frigging phenomenal

Also, 0% chance for 40k rules?

Would love to have deathseorn + wulfen

Those are some gorgeous minis, they look feral, except the on furthest back to the right, who looks like he is dancing, but that is no problem, I will just stick a stone or a skull under his foot and he will be ok, I hope. They are perfect in my force as either pack leaders or wolf guard.

Cpt. Danjou

I think these look great. The one at the back with his leg raised looks a bit weird..but i think with different arm/head positioning could look less like hes in the middle of a dance and instead just charging straight at something.

He might curbstomp a foul heretic

What's this? HH SW models with decent looking fur, sensible proportions and kick ass heads? I'm flabbergasted at how much better these guys are than anything FW have put out for us since Russ and the Contemptor. As long as some of the details are right, like actually having sculpted weapon grips (still baffled that got through Q&A) these are the easily the cream of the crop. It's just a bit of a shame the rest of the range wasn't to this standard :unsure.:.

Archived