Bringing on the VIIth (redux-pt3)

lionofjudah

So over the last 8 or so years Ive painted the glorious yellow of the VIIth to the tune of 7-8k points...and sold each bit of it 2 times. This is my third go around and I am hopeful that it will be the last:)

I say last as my favorite marine army ive built was a true scaled Wolves army when 5th dropped....so awesome to see marines actually towering over my dkok and Elysian guardsman. I bow down to the shared wisdoms of the true scale masters....Mr Doghouse, Mr Apologist, the other masters who have upped the aesthetics by bringing the fluff to the tabletop in a really helpful way.

I just found this tut vid yesterday...***and after I had sold the majority of my olde bits to finance the new:(**

+++inspirational visitations++++

Doghouse - https://youtu.be/pJOfyOnodME

Apologists TS blog-https://apologentsia.blogspot.com/2015/10/inload-tutorial-building-astartes.html

.....and here is my humble offering-for your purview

gallery_32985_15212_315915.jpeg

the mkiii marine awaits reinforcements in the realm of some bits offerings- in amongst the bits I sold were a bunch I hadnt recognized needing until it was too late :0

Grateful to the hobby community and a few bits buying sites to help me out here.

MkIV guy is acting as sargeant until I decide to snip the power sword off and replace it with a chainsword...I was excited to get him put together;) The tart arms work really well here and the Master crafted shoulder pads are super easy to work with.

Ah that aquillon to true scaled termi...Im loving the size of that guy next to the humble guardsman...he towers over them and looks like an absolute beast!!

The olde schooled furibundus dread... I jumped on this guy as soon as I saw him on Apologists blog...super nice fella from jolly olde england makes them and I believe hes preparing to make some heavy weapon kits. Myself, Im going to slap some grav guns on the guy and run him as a CC beast.

My last army was a handsome one (IMO) and I am going to use this space here to chronicle the build up of this next phase in my Fists evolution.

****Future true scale plans include building : 10 MKIII tactical squad with underslung rocket launcher and olde school flamer, 10 MKIV tactical squad with plasma pistol/ powerfist, plasma gun and lascannon, the DI praimaris marines minus the goofy gravis dude and the interceptor guys- Ill be swapping out bolters/heads and packs and scrapping off the eagles as able, 5 man terminator squad with a dude with assault cannon and 2 guys with storm shields,1 terminator captain with a master crafted sword and combiweapon (maybe as I havent played in 3 editions at this point and dont know what would be the best loadout-any help would be appreciated), a telemon to leviathan conversion (maybe- I have the telemon and a grav cannon but want to see the quad gun mounted as well) and a true scale rhino kit from Blood and Skulls (id love to get another of these kits:)!!

What bits are you looking for?

9 Mkiii backpacks and 7 sets of mkiii pads, , 12-14 mkiv backpacks, 9 sets grey knight termi arms.

De-stuffed myself over the weekend and had the obligatory bag of important bits next to the outgoing bits and in a lack of sleep addled daze the bits went into the big shopping bag and were dispersed to the aether.

Collection of a decade

Archived