Ok I've figured out how it all fits together. Used some of the roll cage bars to hold up the main gun, added some mags to the bolters and a bit of mesh for the gunner to stand on.

50590844288_dd998fa162_b.jpg

50591655751_7bcd825521_b.jpg

There's not much more to do now. The driver's seat back, somewhere for the bolt shells to come out and some filling here and there. And then two more of them!

C+C welcome as ever.

Ok, finished... apart from the small matter of painting the thing. And I'll scrape off a bit of excess GS that I can see now it's blown up to this size photo.

50606520903_489eecf8d5_b.jpg

50607267531_7b263a919b_b.jpg

50606520848_38b533d501_b.jpg

Here it is next to an unmodified invader, to show how much weight it lost.

50606520908_10e1777944_b.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this, but unfortunately I'm not finished, because I want a unit of them. I've got this Invader and a third one to make into these, in theory. Hopefully the second and third ones will be quicker than the first.

C+C very welcome indeed.

Absolutely in awe of how well that conversion turned out, a very worthy successor to the attack bike. Have you thought about a tether for the gunner, to stop him from being quite so at the mercy of the elements? Even a cord to his belt i think might help him look a little less precarious.

Absolutely in awe of how well that conversion turned out, a very worthy successor to the attack bike. Have you thought about a tether for the gunner, to stop him from being quite so at the mercy of the elements? Even a cord to his belt i think might help him look a little less precarious.

This would look cool, but also he's got maglocks in his boots so not strictly necessary ;)

Yeah this is something I've considered. Maybe his magnetic boots would remove the need, but it would look cool. Only thing is that he's not stuck on yet, to help with painting, and he'd need to be fixed for me to do this. Oh and making the actual fixings would be ridiculously fiddly.

Great stuff. I'm tempted to convert some up for the Wolves, but the smaller width might be an issue for tournaments in my case. 

This is certainly an issue. I thought about building this more in proportion to the original but in the end I decided to go with what looked best. It's narrower, longer and taller than an original attack bike. Could be an issue at some events. I'm thinking of keeping the spare wheels to do something with old scout bikes, if needed.

I see giving gunner some space worked wonders. Looking lovely, remember if you´re still wondering melta hitting drivers antenna, you can always snip that gnubbing under and just behind barrel off.

Thanks. I think maybe he'd get the aerial twanged from time to time, but that's no biggie. I think I'll give the infiltrator comms array to one of the other gunners actually, and maybe make the third into a Sergeant-type. Just to keep things interesting - they obviously won't have any effect in game.

• 2 years later...

Reviving this ancient thread from stasis to serve once more. 

So with the arrival of 10th I thought I’d paint up some reinforcements for my Crimson Fists. I’ve spent quite a lot of the last few weeks gluing Primaris Marines together. I’ve converted a few characters and assembled ten each of desolators and heavy intercessors. 

inshpuldnt really be doing this right now. I’m going to a heresy event in four weeks and have a bunch of stuff to get ready. And I might even be doing a bolt action event in a week. But here we are. 

I’m splitting my efforts between units, which are made pretty much straight out of the box, and characters who I tend to convert. Here are a few of those. 

IMG_5866.thumb.jpeg.7ea32c8b904223221e1da5123793d3a6.jpeg

To lead the army I’m doing a new version of Pedro Kantor. I made one of these before from Matheus Calgar but wanted a new one in tacticus armour. He’s made of bits from loads of different kits, in an attempt to match the old Mk7 kit as closely as possible. There’s very little more to add but I want a bit of script with “Kantor” on at the top of the banner, so I’ll probably have to GS that. 

IMG_6255.thumb.jpeg.c4ae3bfbd71dad2c76b3af636517532b.jpeg

I’ve got a vague plan to make him a Sternguard squad to lead, using assorted bits. I’ve got some dynamic-looking assault intercessors, bolt rifles from normal intercessor a (maybe with magazines from heavies, if I can make that work) and various things like orc skulls and cool helmets. We’ll see. 

as well as sticking together grey plastic I’ve also started some painting. I’ve always kind of liked the stormspeeder so I decided to do a Thunderstrike. I’ve also got an apothecary biologis, some heavy intercessors and my sixth bolter aggressor (who I never painted first time around) to fill out that squad. 

IMG_6281.thumb.jpeg.0568e6477843ae0caa09576adf2dfce7.jpeg

just before posting this I realised I could give the apothecary a fancy Fist shoulder pad, so the plain blue one is off for now and that’ll be added, once it’s primed. 

IMG_6283.thumb.jpeg.51ef6d6d6bba490c789c1dff2b8962d0.jpeg

C+C welcome. It’s good to be back!

• 2 months later...

Well I’ve very slowly been making progress on this lot. Will I get them battle ready in time to succeed on my vow? Maybe…

I’ve been a little demotivated to work on the desolation squad by the fact everyone hates them and the series of nerfs they’ve been taking. I’ve actually made quite a few  other things for my marines in the meantime, including various characters, but haven’t painted any of it yet. Let’s see what I can get done this week. 

Here’s where I’m up to. Note the flamer aggressors I’m working on, which aren’t part of the pledge but which I want for the new firestorm detachment. I’m actually looking to refurbish a very old redeemer for them to ride in. 

IMG_6962.thumb.jpeg.189c7f029c788194f979936e83ccf06e.jpeg

Here’s a sample of the other stuff I’ve been working on: two(!) Gravis captains, a slightly converted Lone Op lieutenant (new right arm with ork skull) and a devastator, made from an intercessor and a multimelta. I’ve now got seven more multimeltas just in case I ever feel like converting two full squads, which right now I do not. They might end up being decent though. 

IMG_6965.thumb.jpeg.be701935b6a21757e7b1e76d86a2bdf8.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Ive been assembling some of the new and not so new marines for my Fists. Unfortunately absolutely nothing is finished, but loads of stuff is started. 

No need to show you pictures of grey plastic eradicators and stuff, but here’s something where I’m having a bit of fun. I’m making spectrus kill teams by sticking deathwatch shoulder pads on Phobos dudes. The first one is now built, with two more on the way (and kind of partially constructed as I’ve got some more suppressors and eliminators). 

IMG_7249.thumb.jpeg.94df2528c542a2d622ecff0030eda3e3.jpeg

Fans of conversions that nobody will ever know you did might like the DW shoulder pad fragment that I’ve given this E2B eliminator. 

IMG_7250.thumb.jpeg.9ca8d6d1ee0c3734afff68ea90ed21e0.jpeg