The Alpha Legion & GSC?

Reading the rules post on the Warhammer Community page this week, any other Alpha Legion players looking at them as better, more realistic Alpha Legion operatives with which to roll up with?

Not workable in a matched play/tournament game, but I imagine you get a normal everyday gamer, they'd be up for allowing such a combination. It feels very thematic to me with the sabotage, appearing from within, being able to use (some) Imperial Guard units. Even the biker outrider with a sniper rifle feels very Alpha Legion to me.

Thoughts?

Well yeah GSC are designed as THE cultist army. I think you could use their rules perfectly fine for a R&H army but sadly there is no option to take Marines legally with them so no Alpha Legion. Unless you want to take away their armour and use them as Aberrants that is I guess.

What I think is kinda weird they have best sniper rifles in universe, bar Vindicare. But GC are GW's favorite faction at the moment it seems.

AdMech have strong sniper rifles on their Ranger as well (60" Heavy 1 S7 AP-2 D1d3, the usual MW mechanic on 6s and additionally it can't shoot at all if it moved).

The reason why these newer factions get better sniper rifles is because of balancing I'd wager. Before we had whole units with sniper rifles (Scout Marines, Ratlings, Sniper Drones etc) so giving each of them such a strong sniper rifle would be devastating but now with these new factions GW had the opportunity to give them less spammable sniper rifles (the GSC ones are on characters and the AdMech ones are max 3 in a unit of 10 or 2 in a unit of 5 Skitarii Rangers).

I was thinking of making some cultists for Tzeentch with them a while back using the Imperial Guard set, and greenstuffing the ridges on their forehead and sapphire gems. The magus was going to be the head sorcerer controlling them. Abberants were going to be “chosen” and mutated from chaos.

I'm thinking of doing a chaos cultist genestealer cult but for aberrants and the like using necromunda miniatures such as the ambot

Perhaps you can use House Delaque, they are already really close in terms of their design

Conveniently enough< I just finished converting the GSC I got with the killteam box into chaos cultists - its pretty easily done with choosing the most humn looking heads, some head swaps from other kits (in my chaos, Necromunda goliaths) and replacing the GSC symbol with the chaos 8 pointed star.

WgGK1qm.jpg

I know there is a thread over in the Lost and the Damned forum about how the GSC rules make better renegades than the renegade rules do... and how you could use the rules for genestealers to represent daemons.  Can't seem to find it now, though.

Well yeah GSC are designed as THE cultist army. I think you could use their rules perfectly fine for a R&H army but sadly there is no option to take Marines legally with them so no Alpha Legion. Unless you want to take away their armour and use them as Aberrants that is I guess.

What I think is kinda weird they have best sniper rifles in universe, bar Vindicare. But GC are GW's favorite faction at the moment it seems.

AdMech have strong sniper rifles on their Ranger as well (60" Heavy 1 S7 AP-2 D1d3, the usual MW mechanic on 6s and additionally it can't shoot at all if it moved).

The reason why these newer factions get better sniper rifles is because of balancing I'd wager. Before we had whole units with sniper rifles (Scout Marines, Ratlings, Sniper Drones etc) so giving each of them such a strong sniper rifle would be devastating but now with these new factions GW had the opportunity to give them less spammable sniper rifles (the GSC ones are on characters and the AdMech ones are max 3 in a unit of 10 or 2 in a unit of 5 Skitarii Rangers).

But muh Exodus:wink:

Forgot about AM, no one plays them in my Area.  

Archived