Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

35 pl for upcoming event

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tordeck

Tordeck

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Battalion

-1 CP for Extra Relic

Typhus - Wind, Vitality

DP - Talons, wings, warlord, plate, +1T trait, Blades

DP - Talons, helm, Misma

3x10 Poxwalkers

I only really know DG from KT and I'm looking get a small 40k viable list from what I have with minimal investment (right now that would be buying Typhus). From those of y'all with a bit more experience would this work?

• N1SB likes this

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,100 posts

Brother, outstanding work, you're too modest, it looks like you got Your Plan, a Poxwalker horde supported by Typhus and a Fugaris Helmed DP, then a Winged DP to strike at things in your opponent's backline.  Looks good, just 2 minor suggestions and they're not that necessary.

1st, I personally prefer the Revoltingly Resilient (Disgutinglier Resilient save) Warlord Trait on my Suppurating Plate Daemon Prince more than the Toughness one.  There's also the Warlord Trait, that reduces incoming damage by 1, Rotten Constitution, you may want to consider.

2nd, instead of having to chase an enemy, you might want to have some shooting options, like a DG Dakka Dread (still very relevant) instead of a 2nd Daemon Prince.  With just Typhus, Daemon Prince and Poxwalkers, you still get the DG bonus.

Very minor suggestions.  For what you're going for, a Typhus army, I think you got the crux of it.  I don't play a Typhus list, though, and am not sure about if you should put all 30 Poxwalkers in a single squad.

gallery_57329_13636_19556.jpg

Tordeck

Tordeck

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts

I have options. I also have Tallyman, a converted Plague Surgeon/Maglinant Caster 1 PM of each weapon option they can have and an unbulit DG half of DI (where 10 of those pox would come from) to work with. My biggest issue I'm finding in theory hammering is that 1) its PL not Pts and 2) making sure I have enough CP.

My other thought is 

DP - talons, warlord, plate, arch contaminator, blades

MP - misma, vitality

1 x 5 PM

1 x 20 pox

Plague Breathern

Tallyman

edit -

3rd idea

DP - talons, warlord, plate, arch contaminator, blades

Typhus - misma, vitality

1 x 7 PM

2 x 10 pox

Spawn

Edited by tordeck, 03 February 2019 - 06:21 AM.

Tordeck

Tordeck

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts

I recently got a unit of Plaguebearers, a unit of Nurglings and a Poxbringer and am thinking of maybe going for a Nurgle battatlion.

• Turbocharger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users