Showcase: Reaver Titan

eggroll

New year new Reaver Titan!

After a few more painting sessions over the Christmas holidays and the past few weekends, I finally finished off this gigantic model. Looking back in my email archives, I bought this back in 2013 and only assembled it last year and finally painted in the past 3 months. This reaver has been painted in as a Freeblade that's aligned with my BA chapter. Name on the carapace is simply Blood Angel (Sanguis Angelus) and is meant to blend in well with the rest of my army and the previous Lucius Warhound in my collection.

Overall the model got the full detailed paint treatment as I do with all my other models from interior and exterior. Almost all parts are fully magnetized so it can be completely disassembled and removed for inspection (including interior details and princeps and moderati). Weapon arms for this beast are dual laser blasters, gatling blaster and titan grade powerfist. I do have the chaiinfist on order and will add that once it comes.

Arms are all attached via screw and nut at the shoulders and then with larger magnets at the actual weapons. The power fist actually articulates are the wrist and elbow for posing (pointy fist!).

Onto the pics:

CnxMwrw.jpg

TCuFCsq.jpg

O49Z3XQ.jpg

HtAYjiX.jpg

i88ovbh.jpg

0tGodbU.jpg

inxfJZP.jpg

7zLxvsE.jpg

8pQU11Y.jpg

Yyssbkc.jpg

0z1A6tU.jpg

D44iStQ.jpg

KTI1398.jpg

1mApgrJ.jpg

xLRbxi7.jpg

8twofpO.jpg

ZC1Kaah.jpg

5KdIrbz.jpg

UC7nqVz.jpg

Ww5ILUx.jpg

6l5LgPv.jpg

ERMAFREAKINGRERRRRD!

That needs sharing in the actual Titan Showcase too.

Thanks! Didn't know there is one but will see if I can find it and post it there!

OMG!

This is beyond comments... look at that cockpit... :ohmy.:

Imagine what you’ll do if you get into Titanicus...

Thanks! Haven't gotten any AT models yet but haven't been tempted many times...perhaps one day...

Fanstastic job

Thanks!

That cockpit. :blink.:

Incredible work Eggroll, i'm just going to spend the next 20 mins staring at the photos some more...

-Ran

Haha thanks! Good to hear the paintjob can keep you occupied for that long! :)

I don't think I've ever a better titan job, period.

You get to see quite a few crazy good projects, high quality paint jobs, insane attention to detail, etc when you spend time here and elsewhere. There's a lot of crazy talent out there.

This just surpasses everything I've seen in all categories :ohmy.:  

Appreciate the praise! Makes all the effort put into the details worthwhile! 

Wow!!!! Would love to know how you did the burnished metal on the toes and the head neck collar area in that 2nd to last image.

Looks like sponging with greens and blues might be a part of it?

Freakin gorgeous

Thanks! The metal is just a base of GW mithril silver (yup I still have a bottle left). I then shade it using airbrush inks (aqua -> navy -> black) to get a nice blend. Some warmer metals (bronze/gold) I will shade with sepia and purple. The feet are done in the same way along with all the pistons. For the feet I did a final dry brush of brown to simulate mud/dust which gives it more depth. 

Archived