Grishnak Models (.ru)?

Bubba Pearson

Anyone here ever done business with a .ru user/company going by the name of "Grishnak Models?"  I saw some unique, really bumpin' Sisters-of-Battle type warriors by this fellow/company (on the Spikey Bits site, IIRC).  So, I searched for the models and eventually found an email link, then wrote to he/she/it/them to compliment the creator and ask about availability.  I got back a polite reply with a 'catalog' for five VERY good-looking minis (or at least, photos or representations of the minis), with two available options to purchase five heavy weapons for them (heavy-melta and heavy-bolter type weapons).  I could just send 'em the PayPal cash for an order and hope for the best, but I sure would like to know they're legit before sending 'em money.  Anyone?  If I get no responses, I'll place an order and post the results here.  Actually, I think I'll try to find the photos of these beauts and post 'em (along with the email link if it turns out they're cool) here for everyone else to ogle.  Nice looking models, and less expensive than GW, although they seem to be about the same (maybe a bit less) as the offerings from Wargame Exclusive and Artel, with a slightly different, but easily recognizable look.  Stay tuned....

• 3 weeks later...
I've ordered them. Service was prompt and the models were good. Only snag was the models got detained by customs for a while I think because lined up on the resin tab they must have looked like bullets. Also coming from Russia must have been suspicious. Got them in the end though. Not sure I would order again just because the gw plastics aren't too far off now.

Archived