Doom of Molech supplement discussion

RedFurioso

I'm not a fan of the Dominus maniple. It encourages people to fire volcano cannons at knights, which they already want to do. And it keeps the knights where they don't want to be - far from the enemy and dead.

A better way to protect your titans is to have more of them and shoot the enemy titans dead. The knights won't be doing anything useful while guarding your titans, so it's removing a threat from your own army.

Can anyone who has Vengeful Spirit tell me if they describe Legio Interfector's color scheme? Sources around the web say dark red w/ bronze trim, but I'm not sure where that came from.

Think I have that at home I'll dig it out :)

Can anyone who has Vengeful Spirit tell me if they describe Legio Interfector's color scheme? Sources around the web say dark red w/ bronze trim, but I'm not sure where that came from.

I ran a few searches through my ebook copy but didn't come up with anything. The red and bronze scheme info comes from FW's display Chaos Reaver, though. It was in a WD article or something and had caption that named it as part of Legio Interfector.

In the 6th edition hardcover Warhammer 40k rulebook, there's a bit of lore for an example campaign (featuring Duncan Rhodes' Word Bearers). There are some Traitor Titans displayed there, in red black and gold (one of them is just the red and bronze FW reaver but if my memory serves there were some other titans likely painted by somebody else), of the Legio Interfector. That's the only time Interfector has appeared in an official source other than Vengeful Spirit to the best of my knowledge.

• 1 month later...

It looks like those are House Devine traits. I'm guessing each House will have different traits.

I'm curious to see how they support this supplement, but I'm also a bit wary since nothing has been shown or even hinted at model-wise.

I'm personally okay even with just a rules supplement, but I'd say it is reasonable to expect some models too given the article implies Knight spesific Battlefield Assets, which require miniatures to function... Drop forts, arming stations, Evangelion-style underground deployment bastions? Wouldn't consider it too outlandish to have Acastus variants too, if we're lucky.

I'm personally okay even with just a rules supplement, but I'd say it is reasonable to expect some models too given the article implies Knight spesific Battlefield Assets, which require miniatures to function... Drop forts, arming stations, Evangelion-style underground deployment bastions? Wouldn't consider it too outlandish to have Acastus variants too, if we're lucky.

I never knew I wanted these at AT scale until you mentioned them

I understand being unsure about all Knight armies, but I think it'll be good for all knight on all knight games, being a little quicker. You could probably knock out a game in an hour. 

It would be nice if we can get outflanking Knights... Or hilariously broken if Cerastus suddenly appear and sprint into a charge. 

Any excuse for me to say "and the winged Hussars arrived!" I need to get some red and blue Cerastus on payday :P 

Just watched the Twitch stream (no sound for the first 7 minutes due to a small computer glitch).

My key takeaways are that release of the book is "imminent", likely accompanied with the Civitas Imperialis Spires, but no mention of new models, neither knights nor titans.

Resin stuff likely coming soon, quick mention, no details.

Format similar to the previous books, 4 Legios covered (Crucius, Fortidus, Vulcanum, Interfectors), several knight households (incl. Devine, Tazkhar, ...).

Interfectors, the Murder Lords, roll on an insanity table

New maniples:

• Fortis = 1 Warlord + 2 Reavers + optional 1 Warlord + 1 Reaver
  • Ferox Light = 1 Reaver + 2 Warhounds + optional 1 Reaver + 1 Warhound

Focus on knights in "The Household Marches": rules to field entire knights armies: banners, lances (several banners together), seneschal, knightly qualities, new stratagems incl. household specific ones (more to come), new stratagems are in the book as well as on the cards (so cards pack coming as well).

Narrative battles, incl. hunting beasties

Appendices: Battlefields of Molech (e.g. flooded cities, ruined cities, ...) and New Stratagems

Transfers for knight households combined with Titan Legio transfers, maybe a big household specific sheet some day. Mortis and Gryphonicus coming back (no timetable), for the others, they advise to buy as soon as possible if you really want them (better safe than sorry mode)

Foreseeable future: focus on Horus Heresy setting, so, again, no Xenos yet (maybe one day … don't hold your breath)

Industrial buildings maybe some day, AH seemed to love the idea

That is it as far as I understand things.

Watched the stream too.

Book releases next month.

Most importantly, some corrections on how knights and Orders interact will be in the book, Andy talked about Charge order forcing the knights to move in a straight line and giving less dice (probably meaning they clarify it only ever applied on a per unit basis).

Four Legio rules, Interfector will have a table for different insanities.

I really hope they're holding off new Knights until the release date to surprise us. Questoris and Cerastus do not an army make, especially since only the Lancer is really effective against Titans (and even that's situational).

Did they give any information on the Knight Households? Which ones are getting rules, etc.?