Is Epidemius' "Tally" worth it in a DG List?

GenerationTerrorist

As per the title, really.

Is the 400-ish points it costs to deploy a Nurgle Daemon Battalion with Epi worth it for the benefits bought by the Tally, if you take a Death Guard force consisting of Blight Drones, Blight Haulers, and Plague Burst Crawlers?

Or would it be better to spend those 400-ish points on 2 units of PM and a unit of Pox Walkers?

Experiences using the Tally as part of a DG army?

I've never used him... for me it's a modeling issue though. lol

I've played against him in tournaments and found it hot and cold. Some games I'm very impressed by it and in some it feels like a non-factor. It appears you need to gear the list for it, or it could be very mediocre.

Epi is sort of like an aura tax: -5% of your "killy stuff" budget to invest in future killiness. Problem is, good players who are worried about the tally will avoid it or snipe Epi. Bad players are just bad and lose to everything.

Too many moving parts. No Haulers, no Epi, but a maybe on the Daemons battalion: Poxbringers are A++.

Speaking from experience, Epi is too much of a tax. By the time the tally is into the useful perks it's more than likely that you've killed a chunk of units and the benefits won't matter much anyway. The guy himself is pretty useless too apart from to sit on an objective or something.

• 2 weeks later...

He belong to 100% full Nurgle army or nearly 100%-Nurgle army.

And Large packs of plaguebearers are backbones of every Nurgle army. But plaguebearers don't kill much.

So, the sooner your non-plaguebearer units kill units, the better Epidemius is. "Traditional" daemon tournament lists play 90+, even 120+ plaguebearers, and pass the heavy-lifting job to bloodletters bombs or TSons heroes, so they don't use Epidemius at all.

Archived