Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hintzy's Blood Angels (Latest: Company Champion)

Blood Angels plog

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 722 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Congraulations on getting an heir to your gene-seed! May he grow strong! :)

Models look good, glad to see your army expanding. 
I'm not sure what kind of light are you using, but black color turns out greenish on my screen.

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"
gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpggallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_05.gifETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_105306_14812_55881.pngETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gif

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Hintzy

Hintzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts

I'm not sure what kind of light are you using, but black color turns out greenish on my screen.

I'm just using a standard house lamp. I'm not certain how to fix that as it all looks black on my end.

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 488 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

Looks green here too! Thought they were some sort of Dark Angels convert

gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,461 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators

Imo it looks good the way it is. You just nees to paint all the details and do some edge highlights so it doesn't look like mostly unpainted. Having the model based makes a big difference too.
About the poaches, no clue why you don't like painting it as leather and I feel like it's a reason I'm not particularly interested in hearing, but I don't really see something else than black or brown working for it.

As per your signature, you've alerted us to the fact you sometimes make these language nuance mistakes and come off as more abrasive than you intend to - so that's understood.
But I its also my duty as a mod to point out that this is a prime example of one of those moments, so you can learn.

Please try to avoid phrases like this in the future. Comments like these don't facilitate a supportive and collegial forum environment, and they go too far a way in making you look like more of a nob than you actually are.
Cheers!
Aye, I can see how that phrase is misleading. It sounded a lot less abrasive in my head. Thanks for telling me though!

Annoyingly I was thinking about removing said disclaimer since it was going well lately. I guess it'll stay for a bit longer. sweat.gif
The curse of germanic languages aye?
As a dutchy i know that problem all too well xD

On topic: good looking models there! Nice how the scouts turned out, and congratulations on becoming a dad! RIP your sleep i guess? :P

Edited by Lynnean, 15 April 2019 - 04:26 PM.

• sfPanzer likes this

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,043 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your Scouts and Assault Marines are well-painted.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,106 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Congrats all round :)

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:3
1250 Death Company List (jump)  W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:2
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

Hintzy

Hintzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts

I've had a productive week.  It's a wonder what happens when you don't have to go to work!

My Company Champion is finished, aside from the matte coat as I've run out for the time being.  I tried a different light setup, though there's not a whole lot of black to worry about.  The result is certainly quite a bit darker, the model is the same red as everything else though, I promise.

Gsx3sof.jpg

mPZ6G9R.jpg

As an aside, maybe I'll stop taking such close-up photos.  They certainly don't hide any imperfections.

• Black Orange, Bjorn Firewalker, Brother Lemartes and 2 others like this

Slothysaur

Slothysaur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 298 posts
  • Faction: Ironbloods
It looks great to me!
I really like the dark red and the bright edges. It's nice and warm and goes great with that gold shoulder pad. I like the close-ups myself and can't find any of those imperfections you're talking about.

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_02.gif

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,043 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Champion is well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,458 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons
Gorgeously done Hintzy!

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels, plog

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users