Hintzy's Blood Angels (Latest: Ironclad Dreadnought)

Hintzy

• 5 weeks later...

Played a friendly ITC game against Raven Guard last night.  

My List:

Captain Smash

Sanguinary Priest w/JP

Coteaz

Intercessors

Intercessors

Tactical Squad

Drop Pod

Mephiston

Librarian w/JP

Scouts

Scouts

Scouts

Lemartes

15 DC - 5 w/Power Fist

9 Sang Guard

Sang Ancient

6 Aggressors

Raven Guard List:

Phobos Captain

Phobos Lieutenant

Infiltrators

Infiltrators

Infiltrators

Shrike

Phobos Librarian

Intercessors

Intercessors

Intercessors

Suppressors

Land Speeder w/2 Multimelta

Repulsor Executioner

Van Vets w/Claws

Eliminators

Eliminators

Eliminators

Invictor Warsuit

We played the newly released ITC missions and rolled Mission 6.  He won the roll off and chose to deploy first/go first.  I chose Engineers, Old School, and Marked for Death against his Repulsor, Warsuit, Shrike, and Librarian.  He chose Engineers, Headhunter, and the new Postman with his Librarian.  He deployed all of the Infiltrators, Eliminators, and Warsuit 9 inches from my deployment zone and used the rest to screen out the rest of the board behind that, and I knew I was in trouble.  I was able to hide everything inside ruins or behind hills so that absolutely nothing could be seen and left my Sanguinary Guard, Death Company and Pod w/Tacticals+Coteaz in deep strike.  This was a mistake I shouldn't have made considering it was obvious I wouldn't have room to land anywhere other than my own board edge (There were a few holes in his half of the board after deployment, but I pointed them out and he filled them, again it was a friendly game).  I was counting on my Aggressors being able to pop out and clear me a hole, but that did not come to pass.

Prior to turn 1 he redeployed his Van Vets 9 inches from my deployment zone with his warlord traid, and ran Shrike up with the Raven Guard version of Forlorn Fury.  The only shooting he could do was with his Eliminators, but was unable to kill my Standard of Sacrifice.  Shrike and the Van Vets charged the Aggressors, who couldn't overwatch through the wall.  After the Vets swung I interrupted with the Aggressors onto Shrike but whiffed my damage rolls hard and he lived.  He fought and fought again, and nearly finished the Aggressors.  He finished them off in my turn and I finished Shrike and the Vets.

After the Aggressors died turns 2-3 consisted of me hiding and him trying and mostly failing to snipe characters through walls with his Eliminators and Phobos Captain.  He did charge his Invictor into one of my Intercessors Squads, who lived, and then I counter charged with Mephiston and Lemartes.  Mephiston didn't get Quickening off once the entire game, and perils'd even after a command reroll.  It took two rounds of combat to kill the Invictor with both characters, which was surprising.

Turn 3 my reinforcements came in, but had to land inches away from my own board edge due to the Infiltrators and just spent the turn hiding as best they could.  Turn 4 the Sang Guard and Death Company moved out.  They both landed solid blows, but it was too little too late.  The Death Company picked up a unit of Infiltrators, the Phobos Librarian, and a unit of Eliminators in a single round of combat, but I had failed Canticle of Hate on Lemartes so I was unable to consolidate far enough to trap anything else in combat.  Both the Sang Guard and DC took very heavy losses.  The Standard had been picked up earlier by snipers, and the JP Librarian had also perils'd and was subsequently picked up by snipers.  I think Coteaz was the only one to actually get any psychic powers off, and that was largely inconsequential.  I've never had that much bad luck in the psychic phase before.  

We called it after turn 5, but talked out turn 6 as it was about 12:30 am.  The final score would have been about 28-25 with a Raven Guard victory but much closer than I had anticipated after how the beginning of the game went.  It was the cagiest game I've ever had to play, which made it a great learning experience and I was really happy with the score considering I had been trapped in my deployment zone 2/3 of the game.

Lessons Learned:

-By leaving my scary units in deep strike I had just enough room on the board to hide everything else, but what I probably should have done was use that room to hide my heavy hitters and just leave the Scouts/Intercessors exposed in the upper floors of the ruins.  They would have died, but I could have done much more earlier in the game.

-I was content to leave my characters cowering out of site to slow down his ability to snipe them, but most of them died eventually anyway, just a few turns later.  This meant they accomplished very little, so I should have sent them out to at least get a few trades.

• 1 month later...

I finished my first big quarantine project.  It's not a Blood Angel, but I've seen a few other Knights among others' posts in this forum so I'll go ahead and chuck it up.  Plus his little brothers have already been included at the beginning of this thread.  

jjWcpQbl.jpg

Just a simple custom household paint/decal scheme using a color scheme mostly just inverted from my Blood Angels/Ad Mech and inspired by Duncan's House Griffith feature on Warhammer Community a long while ago.  I still have yet to come up with a house name if anybody has any fun suggestions they aren't saving for themselves.

bL1nDqPl.jpg

nqkhzkRl.jpg

nYRMUDAl.jpg

I5dqssOl.jpg

tWq1CFSl.jpg

XuNAa14l.jpg

ayZYrW9l.jpg

Great job on the Knight!

It has really good colour scheme - bright with nicely contrasting colours. Excellent, clean execution too.

I have to say that with this wonderfully green base with rocks, it gives me the really pleasant Warhammer Fantasy Battles vibes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Knocked out Astorath.  The quality of the Finecast was a bit lacking in areas I didn't know how to really repair, but I think it turned out well for what it was.  Pretty quick job, completed over the course of two days' worth of toddler nap-times.  Completing a quick character was pretty refreshing compared to the nine Sanguinary Guard.

dNkIwtRl.jpg

Looks nice, got a close up? Blade looks really well done in particular!

Thanks!

UQMnyYHl.jpg

I agree, very nice job on the blade!

I also really like the additional colours you've chosen, particularly on the cup and the vial contents. A health power-up or poison antidote? :wink:

Thanks!  I got tired of painting vials full of blood and just wanted to mix it up is all the thought that really went into the vial :P  As far as the cup I kinda wanted to lean into the idea that The Sanguinor is an ancient noble warp entity many millennia old (which is one of the theories, right?) with a less ornate cup a la the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished my large Aggressor squad.  I was kind of dreading painting them because of all the folded dangly ammo belts and stuff, but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.  I thought it would be challenging to get into all of the nooks and crannies, and it was, but those areas are largely not visible anyway so I didn't stress about it.  

wubgpy4l.jpg

oceQfZcl.jpg

Riding this wave of quarantine induced motivation.  Lemartes finished!

YYuJ4Ajl.jpg

xNFjyQEl.jpg

VofAVhJl.jpg

Unfortunately I got started on him before I thought to take a picture of him just primed so I couldn't enter him in the ongoing completion competition.  I'll get something in there for sure though.  I've got more Intercessors and three Impulsors on the way, I'm really excited to try out some melee Intercessors in transports once play resumes.  With Lemartes painted my Blood Angels pile of shame is only comprised of three Eliminators until those other models get shipped, which feels good.  

• 4 weeks later...

It's not terribly exciting, but I finished an Impulsor, including all of the extra options, over the last week.  There's two more in the mail headed my way and I hope to try out a bit more of a mobile/resilient board control list at the beginning of 9th.  I've not had any experience with NOVA missions, but allegedly the new mission set is largely a mix of NOVA and ITC style missions, which I hear favor objective scoring over tabling your opponent.  Impulsors and Intercessors should play into that style pretty well I hope.

BkCbGfjl.jpg

TjyRkOcl.jpg

b5S5QvIl.jpg

g3a4Uncl.jpg