@Bjorn Firewalker I don’t know about full on sister as of yet I don’t want to detract from the feel of the warband though I have started some religious elements for them. You have after all to to keep the faith while wandering the stars. That’s all subject to change when the sisters finally drop.

So the priest has begun along with a death cultist. I have to say that currently the direction of the priest conversion is some what free form, the cultist is a little more fleshed out I will be altering the head direction as after taking the pic and looking back it will fit the feel of the piece a bit more. Finally we have the astropath take mkii I had no idea how freakishly tall the black stone one was until I was committed to hacking parts up. Fingers crossed he will be a little more in keeping with the rest of the group now visually.

Hope you all enjoy.

Stray

8813-BB67-B0-C9-48-DE-A3-DB-61551-FA13-B

F3554-F21-DC8-F-4889-9497-D1-F90-F7-BC41

8-A676-E82-B3-A4-48-F4-B5-D5-34-C2-E1882

2-F298-D27-4-DFA-42-E3-BC5-E-7387-CF3-E1

ACB81-CCA-9563-43-D6-9-E62-01-C1-E3-F963

@Bjorn Firewalker thanks this little project of when inspiration strikes is some what snow balling. The assassin is nearly finished as I am eager to start painting her soon.

@BrotherEndcat I’m glad you have been enjoying the composition of the various characters, not something to get to explore quite as much when building an army.

@Vairocanum thanks I forget how much sites like Instagram compress some pics at times. Glad your able to enjoy the full glory of fighting lighting and wobbly hands :p

So I have had a chance to get some green stuff down on the other characters, you may have to wait a bit of time to see them completed as a few bits are being a little more problematic than first thought. Removing a quarter of a torso and half an arm is not a one sitting fix unfortunately. I have however had a concept that I have been frantically trying to find the right parts to start creating. A field scientist/researcher type, as a non combative it’s been quite a challenge to keep her not looking out of place with the group this far. She is definitely a WIP piece at the moment with hips, waist and thighs all needing some sculpting love. Ignoring the fact she is missing an arm currently too. Between sculpting I have been working away on her and my little mascot and keeper of the keys Kraken.

As always I hope you all enjoy.

Stray.

640-CD260-040-F-40-B7-8-FF0-B05-D09-A826

41-D33801-AFB9-45-D1-97-A9-23-A2248981-E

1-DD03844-542-E-4389-9-B91-971-AB40-F098

@Dragonlover thanks both were projects that just fell together once some initial harder cuts were made.

@sockeithaticket first off love that internet handle and I’m glad that your enjoying my exploration vehicle.

@Bjorn Firewalker those little domes are refractor fields to keep the crew a little safer when outside the vehicle keeping it working. I doubt it’s a nice place to be inside of but it’s probabl better than what ever is out there.

I have been mildly productive. Managing to finish the undesirable with in the ranks. The little details seemed to be never ending and I’m stoked with how the intentional shadow came out on his base. As a project this reacued soul was a lot of fun and I’m looking to explore other fascists of humanity that the group may have come across on their travels.

I hope you all enjoy.

“For the Greater G......Emperor”

Stray

1-AD614-DA-D627-44-AB-B23-B-A26802141286

6-BA702-A0-931-E-4155-9-FC2-5-A936850-E4

C8-E6-C4-B0-4983-45-A9-BA7-D-E037734827-

E742289-F-C70-E-40-A0-8-EE6-DE180-BA5910

26-C83081-C7-A1-41-ED-A546-A6-EE0-D3-C05

Good job. As the former Gue'vesa now serves the Inquisition (or is that NOT an Inquisitorial "I" atop the left pauldron?), I think he should bear oversized Imperial insignia, to reduce the risk he'll be a victim of "friendly fire" (unless he's infiltrating a Tau position, of course).

@Bjorn Firewalker that is indeed a little inquisitorial symbol hidden away on the shoulder. I decided to keep the imperial icons to a minimum. The friendly fire risk is something I think he accepts given how he once served the greater good. You raise an interesting point though and I will elaborate a little about the character concept for yourself and anyone else who may have similar thoughts.

So the Gue’vesa that has been re enlightened to the Imperial truth or the true creed cake from an interesting snippet of lore and as a way of having some tension between groups while playing through the campaign.

With regards to the Tau bringing other races into the empire there are various sources describing how they go about it. I picked farsight colours because it will work well with the other colours I have planned and more importantly because of what the enclaves allowed humans to do when wrapped into the empire. So farsights little break away faction allowed imperial citizens to continue practising the imperial creed with out all the “burn the Xenos” included in it. Not actually destroying or removing the religion but allowing its continued existence so long as it furthered the greater good. So over generations more humans would be born into this adapted imperial creed. The concept behind this particular Auxiliary was to explore what would happen if your a second or third generation in this creed and you ask why your religion is allowed to exist, what happens when you cross paths with humans who practise the creed like the rest of the imperium and could you or would you abandon your life and perhaps attempt to repent for turning your back on your duties to the emperor of mankind.

I hope that sheds a bit of light on that character for you all. Given that was very wordy. I shall keep this next bit short and sweet. No conversions to share as I’m on a bit of a painting kick. A bit of work going into the Magos, some elements are close to finished others are still very WIP.

5-AF00-EB3-9882-401-E-BDE1-EF2615-AD29-A

F8-D852-D5-902-D-425-E-94-FF-52-B43034-F

EED81-F6-F-1-B7-A-4-D23-A091-ED8-DE06-DF

Stray

So some tasty mech stuff dropped this weekend and that was right up my street. The man of iron felt a bit too small and given I already have some filthy xeno deserter in my ranks a little tech heresy couldn’t hurt too.

@Bjorn I will probably keep the base on the magos fairly simple given she takes up most of it anyway. Don’t want to risk it becoming too busy.

AF39-D4-DC-B362-41-A1-BF69-15-EF084-D30-

905-D30-E4-5371-4081-9214-75-C6-D5-A8691

C754-E341-740-A-4-DB9-B283-D04468-E961-D

33265-A0-F-CA9-D-4349-80-BC-6542-B915-AA

40436315-D902-4376-BDFD-B674673-E8-C22.j

Stray

Archived