Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upon wings of fire turn 1 charge FAQ'd?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Roma

Roma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,003 posts

So from internet context I am under the impression upon wings of fire was FAQ'd to disallow turn 1 charges by the deep strike limitation beta rules. However, the strategem does not mention anything about deep striking:

"Use this Stratagem in your Movement phase before moving a BLOOD ANGELS JUMP PACK unit from your army. Remove the unit from the battlefield and set it up at the end of that phase, anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models."

I checked big FAQ 1,2 and CA as well as the codex errata. I cannot find any changes apart from increasing the command point cost from 1 to 2. Can anyone please explain and link anything relevant? Thank you!

I was miniaturized by Eberious!thanks.gif
http://www.bolterand...crusade/page-19

"This warhammer cost 40k. Heh heh."- Gryphon Rider, Warcraft III.

mertbl

mertbl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 674 posts
It still works turn 1. *edit hit enter too soon*

It works just like da jump, whatever the grey knight power is called.

Edited by mertbl, 05 February 2019 - 01:17 AM.

• Roma likes this

Roma

Roma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,003 posts

Thank you mertbl!

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,693 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
It's fine to use T1.

I should however point out that Auspex Scan can be used against such moves (see the C:SM FAQ - as that's the only one that ever gets updated...)
  • Roma likes this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:4
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:4
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

Diagramdude

Diagramdude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 349 posts
It's also worth noting wings of fire removes any persisting effects. So if someone has debuffed you like crazy you can just fly into the air and come back clean. You would lose any persisting buffs though.
  • Roma likes this

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,693 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Do you have a source for that?

Edited by Jolemai, 07 February 2019 - 07:43 AM.

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:4
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:4
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

Diagramdude

Diagramdude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 349 posts
Main rulebook FAQ

Q: If you use a Stratagem to remove a model from the battlefield
and set it up again, does the model retain any persistent effects
(for example, a bonus to one of its characteristics as a result of
an ability)?
A: No.

Either they said it doesn't apply to psychic powers like jump or gate or there is some debate about it if any type of removal and reappear removes persistent effects. But wings of fire definitely washes off any buffs or debuffs.

CaptainHelion

CaptainHelion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,845 posts

Have the Deep Strike beta rules been officially incorporated into the rules? 

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,769 posts
That FAQ definitely needs an FAQ though, because as it stands the wording is such that any existing effect is removed.

RAW, a captains reroll bubble would be lost, or visions or even a warlord trait.

GW have been doing a really good job in recent years of producing clear FAQ calls, this however is definitely not one.

I honestly believe it was written for Green Tide/Black Cornucopia style strats where you replenish.

There's no rhyme or reason even vaguely hinted at in the brb as to why a simple redeploy would remove buffs
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Roma

Roma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,003 posts

Main rulebook FAQ

Q: If you use a Stratagem to remove a model from the battlefield
and set it up again, does the model retain any persistent effects
(for example, a bonus to one of its characteristics as a result of
an ability)?
A: No.

Either they said it doesn't apply to psychic powers like jump or gate or there is some debate about it if any type of removal and reappear removes persistent effects. But wings of fire definitely washes off any buffs or debuffs.

Funny, so jumping would suddenly un-blackrage my smash captain

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,789 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Pretty sure they meant non-permanent effects like psychic powers and such. Not upgrades you buy before the game begins. It's a stupid rule anyway and I don't think there's a single sane reason for why it should be like that.

• Roma and PaladinStormlord like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,769 posts

Pretty sure they meant non-permanent effects like psychic powers and such. Not upgrades you buy before the game begins. It's a stupid rule anyway and I don't think there's a single sane reason for why it should be like that.

Agreed, sfPanzer !! Like, 100%.  But, as it stands there's no clarification for "permanent affect" - which is why every tournament I play in completely ignores this rule. 

There's not even a single reason for this rule to exist.  The ONLY reason it should be there at all, is for "Tide of Traitors" "Black Cornucopia" and "Green Tide" style strats which essentially bring a new unit to the table.  

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users