Bringing Assassins/Inquisitiors in a Detachment

Wassa

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about how to bring an Assassin now.

We're allowed to bring them in a Vanguard Detachment without a HQ, does that still mean we need to bring 3 or we have to pay -1CP for the Auxiliary detachment?

Also is there a way to bring an Inquisitor HQ without using the Auxiliary detachment?

If you take an assassin vanguard you don't need the HQ but still need the three elites. If you want a single inquisitor and nothing else from the inquisition list, an auxiliary detachment is the only way to do it (I mean you could do supreme command or vanguard but they require more than one unit).

Is there no way to have a battleforged Astra Telepathica (sisters of silence) detachment? Other than take the -1 per unit?

Edit: oh wait nevermind I see battlescribe as allows a HQless Null Maiden vanguard detachment

Is there no way to have a battleforged Astra Telepathica (sisters of silence) detachment? Other than take the -1 per unit?

Edit: oh wait nevermind I see battlescribe as allows a HQless Null Maiden vanguard detachment

I'm pretty sure the primaris psyker from the AM list has the Astra Telepathica keyword and can therefore be the HQ choice for a sisters detachment.

I'm pretty sure the primaris psyker from the AM list has the Astra Telepathica keyword and can therefore be the HQ choice for a sisters detachment.

Yes you are correct... interesting so you could make a legit detachment with them?

Fluff wise that seems odd though... a psyker leading a bunch of pschic null anti psykers... :huh.:

Yes you are correct... interesting so you could make a legit detachment with them?

Fluff wise that seems odd though... a psyker leading a bunch of pschic null anti psykers... :huh.:

Yeah. I don't like it either. I was thinking of making the Primaris Psyker a Null Maiden and think of his powers more like the manifestations of a powerful pariah. But thats more a stretch... 

Pairs of vindicares are brutal now! Very good. Going to have to run all 4 together at some point as well for ultimate distraction carnifexs. D2 phase swords are brutal, eversor is now even more of a blender and cullexus is as good as always (which also ignores FNP, disgusting resilient, etc with only Invun saves that can be taken)

Assassins are now going to be an auto-include in a Custodes list. For 1CP and 85 reinforcement points, the ability to add one of four dudes to sure up a weakness is invaluable. And you don't have to declare your using it until the end of the deployment phase. So the mind game of which one you might bring will make deployment a nightmare for your opponents.

Current list:

Battalion +5CP

Shield Captain on Bike w/ misericordia (Auric Aquilas)

Shield Captain on Bike w/ misericordia (Eagle's Eye -1CP)

3 x 3 Custodian Guard w/ Sword/Shield x 2, Guardian Spear x 1

Vanguard +1CP

Trajann

5 x Allarus Custodians w/ Axes, 4 x misericordia

6 x Wardens w/ Axes, 5 x misericorida (Deep Strike -1CP)

Vexila w/ Axe and Magnifica

Reinforcement pts: 85 (used for Assassin of choice -1CP) 

Battle-Forged +3CP

CP: 9 -1 (relic) -1 (teleport) -1 (Assassin) = 6CP.

cullexus is as good as always (which also ignores FNP, disgusting resilient, etc with only Invun saves that can be taken)

I didn't even notice the slight change of wording in that there!

cullexus is as good as always (which also ignores FNP, disgusting resilient, etc with only Invun saves that can be taken)

Wait, that is what that means? I couldn't figure out what the point of the different wording was. Didn't realise those are alao considered saving throws in the traditional sense.

Do the new assassins cost 85pts?

They can be taken alone without detachment it seems

yep all are 85 points... which if you spend on reinforcement points during list building you can then at the start of the game spend 1 CP to bring the assassin of your choice to the table.

Wait, that is what that means? I couldn't figure out what the point of the different wording was. Didn't realise those are alao considered saving throws in the traditional sense.

He used to ignore armour. Now the only save that can be taken is an invulnerable saves. But you do make a good point, do FNP and disgusting resilient, etc count as saves or not? 

Archived