Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

500 point list conundrum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

adam346

adam346

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Crimson Fists

Hi Everyone,

We have a local (fairly friendly) doubles event, where each player has 500 points, no restrictions on faction alliances, and I want to give my AdMech a runout for the first time since Chapter Approved 2018 and to hopefully find some new and interesting combos. I have two lists, and I wondered whether anyone might have some suggestions for improvements. Bear in mind that i will be paired with a Bezerker heavy Chaos list.

List 1:

Forge World: Metalica

HQ: Tech-Priest Dominus

HQ: Tech-Priest Enginseer

Troops: Rangers x 5 (2 Arc Rifle)

Troops: Vanguard x 5 (1 plasma caliver)

Fast Attack: Sydonian Dragoon

Heavy Support: Onager Dunecrawler with Icarus Array

Metalica to make the vanguard fast, use the dominus agressively to keep up with them and the dragoon.

List 2:

Forge World: Undecided as yet

HQ: Tech-Priest Dominus

HQ: Tech-Priest Enginseer

Troops: Rangers x 5 (2 Arc Rifle)

Heavy Support: Onager Dunecrawler with Icarus Array

Heavy Support: Onager Dunecrawler with Neutron Laser

Not sure on forge world for this one, probably Stygies VIII and maybe hold one unit it Vanguard in teleport to protect them in the early rounds. 

List 2 is pretty much set as it is at this point level, not much room for maneuver . However, list 1 is a bit more flexible - would 3 slightly larger squads be better than the 4 min-sized squads?

Thanks,

Adam

Clingy

Clingy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
List 2 looks better, 1 dragoon won’t do much on his own

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,678 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

I think you should rethink your entire list.

First off 2 HQs and 3 Troops chews up a huge portion of your points when you only have 500 to play with.

Second, you said this is a doubles tournament, do you really think it is necessary for your team to spend the majority of your total points on 4+ HQs and 6+ Troops?

If you were playing a 1000 point singles tournament, would you bring 2 battalions?

I'm betting you wouldn't.

If you know who your partner is going to be, this is super easy.

One of you build the battalion to camp objectives, and the other should build a Vanguard, Outrider or Spearhead detachment geared at quickly removing units from objectives.

If you don't know who your partner is going to be then this is even easier.

Given the current meta, you can almost guarantee that all the sheep, I mean players in the know are going to bring battalions.

So you can bet that in most of your matchups you are going to face 2 battalions and not much else.

Sure they are going to be great at camping objectives, and they are going to have +10 CP from those 2 detachments, compared to your team's +6 CP.

But they are not going to have that many points invested in dakka delivery systems.

Depending upon how the tournament handles CP you might be able to gang up on one of your 2 opponents and eliminate them and their CP.

Which should make the other opponent easy pickings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users