Cpt. Danjous Company, wips and fluff

Cpt.Danjou

This is where I will put up pictures and write fluff about my company.

Last summer I dunked all my Space wolves in a a paint removal bath, to start them over again. (did not like the paint etc.) So now I have painted up several squads and also put my toe into the Primaris pool too, which I never thought I would. Anyhow...

This company will be used both in our upcoming narrative campaign and will also be used in our Dark heresy campaign we are playing at the moment.

I am pondering over the fluff behind my company, the fluff behind my last company was that is was a lost company, but now when I have collected some Primaris I am am having problems with that, I have never liked any of the official companies, and my shoulder bags is the original Space wolf badge (red wolf on black background).
What I have decided so far is that the company is quite small. 90-110 marines. The Wolf Lords name is Erk Silktounge, as he is quite diplomatic and is careful with his words, he is also many times the voice of reason when several marine chapters are gathered and creates a council. He never claims he want to be overall general over a specific wazone and most often lets another chapter take the glory for that. He listens to his own Wolf guards, and the Wolf priests and Rune priests that have followed him.

The company is around 90-110 fighting bodies, most of them are Grey Hunters, only a few Blood claws, and some Long fangs, many who joined the wolves at the same time as Erc. Recently the company was joined by some Primaris, Aggressors and Intercessors and deep inside the cruiser several dreadnoughts rest. The few Wolf guard that belongs to the company usually wear their power armour, not using the terminator that often: Much of the gear is ancient, earlier marks of both weapons and armour is common.

The company has fought alongside several other chapters, whom they have a good standing with, Ghost hawks, Imperial paladins to name a few, as all Space wolves he is weary of fighting along side Grey knights and Dark Angels and their successors, but Erc has a contact inside the Inquisition, Ordo Xenos, so he is not completely against working alongside the inquisition, they have to earn his trust first. Erc has spent a long time in the Deathwatch. The company has also fought alongside  the Ad-mech, but also against fallen Ad-mechs, and they do have a slight distrust against the, the Iron priests keep the daily interaction with them. 

Erc is a fan of using flank tactics, and ambushes and the company seldom keep in one place during war, always on the move in their razorbacks. They have a great hatred for Tyranids and have fought gene stealer cults on several occasions inside hives. 

Input on the fluff is welcome. 

Here are some stuff of mine in various wip state.

A fraction of the company

8zIA60Y.jpg

Long Fangs

jOw1qE9.jpg

Aggressors

GTnziTN.jpg

Intercessor 

Yf7q9GZ.jpg

Wolf Guard with PF and SS

PGyLowu.jpg

Primaris Wolf guard

tbA9OAR.jpg

More stuff will come and when stuff is finished I might put up better picture of the minis.

That's all folks for today.

Cpt. Danjou

Are your Long Fangs wielding Great Crusade-era missile launchers, with missiles in box magazines for rapid reloading? I didn't know such venerable weapons can still be found in the Fang.

I think they were found in a box hidden in Grimnars wardrobe.  ;)

Cpt. Danjou  

• 4 weeks later...

Wolf lord Erk looked down on the carcass of the Mechaniucm leader, and what he saw was not something like. Flies buzzed the meaty bits of the corpse, something that should not have started yet. What he knew about the priests of Mars was that they kept their equipment in pristine condition, but this was something new, the Mecanicum leaders flesh had was already rotten only an hour after death, and the mechanical parts was rusted and twisted unnaturally. 
He inspected the the corpse further and saw something he had seen before, three circles etched into the flesh, he recollected that some of his enemies had had similar markings, and even the traitorous marines following the warp entity called Nurgle had this sort of marking. This was a bad sign, he spat on the ground. 

"Burn all the corpses, and leave no trace behind, touch nothing and let it all burn." he ordered and to his vox.

The stench of burning prometium filled the air as he walked over to Wolf priest Hugg, who was treating some of the wounded. The priest had taken of his helmet, looking grim as he inserted the mechanical device for extracting the gene seed in the neck of Garm, one of Erks wolf guard. 

"May you have a glorious afterlife, with many battles." he whispered under his breath. 

Garms blue eyes lost their shine as the last life leaved his body.  

"Three of our kin has gone and fought at Russ side, and we lost a Razorback. We managed to kill all the Mars kin, roughly thirty ordinary troopers, several of their machines. For every battle I fight at their side i get more respect for those Aggressor boys, they followed your orders and flanked around and annihilated at least twenty of the enemy in just seconds. Otherwise it was the reliable old ones who did the majority of the work. Their missiles aiming true obliterating everything they could see. And the ancient one, waded though storms of fire, not even feeling the heat before reaching their lines. They tried to run but he smashed and tore them to pieces." the wolf priest said with his raspy voice.

Erc nodded.

"it was a good battle from our side, but I think we have bigger problems, it looks like the ancient enemy has come to this world. I see signs of chaos on the enemies bodies. I did not understand why they attacked this village when I first heard it, but now I think we have to rethink our strategy.If the Mechanicus are siding with the enemy we need to be on our watch."

The wolf priest nodded.

"We have to go to the abbey of the Child Saint, and talk with those fanatical women, even if they are insane and we don't trust each other fully, we can be sure that they are true to the All father. They might be the only allies we have on this dusty hot planet."

Erc turned towards his personal Stormwolf.
"Everyone mount up, on the double. The company is going to war!" he howled in his vox.
He heard how howls of excitement and  weapons banging on chests in anticipation for mor battle.

I fought a minor game tonight, as the campaign started. A small skirmish battle was fought between my Wolves and a Mechanicum force. I have never seen so many shots on a Razorback, it took the fire from two full groups of Skitarii, a Dominus, a Castellan Robot plus a dune crawler, before getting destroyed. My ancient dreadnought, count as Bjorn, who was walking behind the razorback also took loads of fire, but he did not take a single wound before getting into close combat, where he killed everything he got in contact with. I am very happy with my bolter Aggressors, who cleared a whole flank by themselves. The man (vehicle) of the match is my humble razorback with its sacrifice.

The campaign is Space wolves and Sororitas vs Dark mechanicum and Renegades, there will be special missions for us to play. The next campaign battle is Sororitas (1500 points )defending their Abby vs renegades, allied with daemons of Nurgle (3000 points and sustained assault rules. The Space wolves (1000 points) will try to aid the Sororitas at the end of the battle (round 4). I can only use deep striking and out flanking troops troops, no vehicles, no named characters is allowed from my side.

It looks like we will be getting reinforcements on both sides as the campaign moves along. Renegade knights and gsc on the chaos side, and Knights and imperial guard on the right side.

Cpt Danjou

• 3 weeks later...

Today I had an awesome game, even if I lost, with many epic moments. It was story game where I was supposed to defend a holy site against the forces of chaos. It was my opponents first game since 6th edition, so we threw all points out the window and just fielded what we felt like, just so he could try out different things.and we could field stuff we usually do not do. It has been a long time since I saw a baneblade on the battlefield.  Roughly it was 4k chaos renegades and heretics vs 3k wolves. His first lesson was that long fangs can be evil vs fliers. His vendetta and vulture crashed and burned. "Waddya mean your heavy weapon teams can walk and shoot without problems?". My main lesson learned, Banebaldes are still tough nuts to crack. Thank the All-father for a battlefield with lots of buildings to hide behind.

Epic moment one: The lone wolf terminator with hammer and shield charging 6 ogryns brutes, killing two first round, two the second, but failing his save with the last surviving brutes last attack.

Epic moment two: My relic contemptor planting his fists into the baneblade after surviving the the insane amount of shots aimed at him during the overwatch, it did not manage to destroy the Baneblade, as it was the last round.

Epic moment three: That underground transporting drill snagging the victory from me as it deepstriked and managed to destroy the ven dread guarding the objective. That 11 charge roll was not what I needed, and 6 str 14 attacks doing 3 wounds each is painful, especially if can't you manage to save anything due to bad rolls.

Epic moment four. A 40 man large unit of cultist charging Bjorn, but the next turn get counter charged and shredded by a group of Skyclaws.

My Levi dread died first round due to bad placement. I forgot that Leman russes and Baneblades can move and shot without problems. The psychic phases gets a bit more interesting when both teams have psykers. Razorbacks are still my favorite transport, one day I must use them as transport and not just as annoying moving cover. I still have not lost anything to fliers. I still hurts my soul when a marine dies to lasgun fire, a marine who gets killed by a battle cannon not as much. Grey hunters still outperforms interceptors. "How may attacks did you say your skyclaws have?!". If I expect that much armour, bring more heavy guns.

But in the end I lost, the numbers were not on my side, and I knew from the start it would be a near impossible match to win as it was rigged against me, I was the one giving the suggestion, so I can only blame me.

Cpt: Danjou

• 2 months later...

I have a small problem when it comes to the fluff of my company. It is supposed to be one of the lost companies, not the 13th, but I am trying to get a reason to incorporate the new and shiny toys, also know as Primaris. My idea is that my company is fighting near a warp anomaly, I am keeping away from the usual storms. The reason they left is to find some sort of obscure evidence of Russ disappearance, they have a deposit not far of where they can re-equip. What I am wondering would it be possible that the company is not properly lost, and that the Aett knows about them sending reinforcements at times? The background is that "wolf lord" Erk is, according to the rune priests and wolf  priest by a darkness and so are most of his unruly bunch of Space wolves. And that now he sometimes gets reinforcements by Blood claws and possibly primaris that could be also be touched by darkness. I know that as it is my company I can do what ever I want with it. But would it be possible, as I have not read anywhere that the Wolves had not lost a who company recently. 

Other ideas how a Lost company could have Primaris and Blood claws, I don't think a company who has been lost for a a couple of centuries would have Blood claws anymore, if you don't use the time traveler stitch. 

Cpt. Danjou

lost claws and primaries due a disrupt in the warp while traveling could be a possibility for you to get those reinforcements

Also ... Aeldari has weird travel ships who knows what they can achieve ... maybe some survivors from a lost battle somewhere in deep space ...

It was dire times, many of the sons of Russ had fallen and there were none left to take their place.

Leif Sigurdsdon, known as storm biter, the most senior caster of runes left his place among the einherjar.

He went a short distance to his private cell and Kelt down to meditate upon the fate of Jarl Erik's great company.

"May the All father guide us and provide strength to our arms when there is nothing left to give"

In the moment Leif heard a great howling of Wolves...

In the Fang, the Stormcaller is overcome by a vision of wolves surrounded by darkness. He immediately casts the runes to divine the visions meaning. What he sees there dismays him and he makes all haste to speak with the Great Wolf.

High Jarl, I have been beset with a vision and the runes have spoken. We must launch another great hunt.

We have searched the imperium and beyond Njal, where do you propose that we go this time? Not Prospero again I hope?

No my Lord, we should send the Storm Riders here, to this warp anomaly.

And what do you hope to find?

Answers my Lord... And allies thought forgotten.

And thus the Wolves dispatched the Storm Riders to seek Erik's lost company

• 9 months later...

Lo and behold I suddenly have some time to paint, as so many others of us have. I had the fortune to get a box of Hellblasters just before my FLGS more or less ran out of GW things, almost everything from the wolf shelf was gone when I came in. It is not only toilet paper people are hoarding. I have no idea if they are good on the battlefield, but I really don't care. I need some heavy punch taking down the bane of my wolves, stupid stupid Death guards and their Plague hulks of Nurgle, so I have begun to creating a pack of Hellblasters with Heavy plasma incinerators. And I am going to wolf them up as much as possible.

This is my first wip of one of them. Whenever I photo them I see all the flaws and places i need to touch them up. The hoses and the shoulders are not completely done, and I am going to work a bit more on the hair.

gallery_118516_14862_392016.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...