Legio Favilla walks - Ashen Gods unleashed

Sherrypie

I have to comment here too - this is magnificent work man. This dirty yet vibrant at places style really works for me! 

Excellent work! The head you chose looks far better (IMO) than the stock one.

Really nice weathering and NMM!

Agreed on all counts.

The original head seems... small. I like the design a lot, it just seems a bit weird. Especially next to other Titans and especially compared to Reavers. Anyway, a great way to get around that - congratulations on a very, VERY, impressive model! 

• 3 weeks later...

Progress on the psi-titan. My desk lamp died, so picture quality and length of painting sessions plummeted a bit :P

Base colours are getting there, trim is taking a year to do before proper washing can begin. I'm going for a deep space look with stars here and there, theming my fortress around the old sublunar / aetheric distinction where the idea is that these engines belong to worlds other than that of man. Not sure yet how to approach the runes and wards yet, glowing red or green perhaps?

1054939_sm-.JPG

1054940_sm-.JPG

1054941_sm-.JPG

I love the little buttresses holding up your ciricrux, what piece is that? I was planning to use the little ones that came with the crane in the in the terrain kit to do something simar but I kinda love the height on that one. I wanted to extend wires out from the ciricrux to the back of the head and that elevation might help.

Besides some little fixes on the base later on, like the name, this fella is done.

Aetheris-Anathema, a horror born in the cold cradle of the void between lightless stars, walks.

1055445_sm-.JPG

1055443_sm-.JPG

1055444_sm-.JPG

1055446_sm-.JPG

1055447_sm-.JPG

1055448_sm-.JPG

1055449_sm-.JPG

1055450_sm-.JPG

After painting brown all day long, this was a refreshing change. I do love me some purple.

Thanks Mendi!

Yeah, there is a bit of that going on with over a dozen corpses lying around and old Red Ink making everything look like it's running with viscera.

I'm considering adding more corpses at some point, to make it look like they are flying all over the place as the witchfires plow the ground around the left foot. Could give it bit more weight, as if the enormous machine shook the ground and the dead flew around like leaves.

Edited by Sherrypie

• 1 month later...

Not necessarily titan related, but was diddling away at my Epic army and I do tend to make use of Strafing Run stratagem fairly often, so...

Whoosh! Thunderhawks are go! (60 mm bases, for reference)

1060846_sm-.JPG

1060847_sm-.JPG

Two printed Gunships and one old Transporter from GW I got as a hand-me-down, ready to ferry our grumpy legionaries around myriad battlefields.

1060848_sm-.JPG

1060849_sm-.JPG

1060850_sm-.JPG

The detail on the Transporter kit is absolutely ludicrous.

1060851_sm-.JPG

1060852_sm-.JPG

1060854_sm-.JPG

1060853_sm-.JPG

The Gunships have visible printlines, but you really can't see them from over 30 cm away so for playing purposes, excellent stuff.