Legio Favilla walks - Ashen Gods unleashed

Sherrypie

• 4 weeks later...

Huzah, got some gaming in for a change! A fellow at the club has gotten enough of his Nova Guard painted that we threw down a 1250 point game of Titanicus.

I put up two tables, but before we got to the game I had time in my hands and went a bit overboard playing with the rest of my models in case someone else came down to see what was going on. You know miniature gamers, it's easy to tempt them into new games by showing them some shinies  :nod:

Click the pics to see details!

1065489_sm-.JPG
1065490_sm-.JPG
1065491_sm-.JPG
1065492_sm-.JPG
1065493_sm-.JPG
1065494_sm-.JPG
1065495_sm-.JPG
1065496_sm-.JPG
1065497_sm-.JPG
1065498_sm-.JPG
1065499_sm-.JPG
1065500_sm-.JPG
1065501_sm-.JPG
1065502_sm-.JPG
1065503_sm-.JPG
1065504_sm-.JPG
1065505_sm-.JPG
1065506_sm-.JPG
1065507_sm-.JPG
1065508_sm-.JPG

The game itself, a simple meeting engagement to the death amidst the toxic sludge swamps. No visibility, bogged down wherever one goes, guns in the jungle. Just perfect.

Fairly straighforward affair for fun as the Defensor player was learning the game. I ran a full Venator maniple with Tempestus rules and had a pair of Thunderhawks carpet bombing the place with Strafing Run stratagem (the best excuse for making nwooooom noises) against his Axiom, which got stuck in the mud in front and pincered between my dogs until there was chain of exploding Hounds in turns 3-5 in the middle over the dying Reaver while my leader aboard Damnatio Memoriae kept on hammering everything with its melta cannon. In the end, only the Warlord of the Nova Guard stood, bleeding and bruised only a breath away from death, yet defiant. Having killed two Hounds and his Reaver against three of my Hounds, it was another notch for the Ashen Gods.

Refreshing to play on a marsh table for once :)

1065509_sm-.JPG
1065510_sm-.JPG
1065511_sm-.JPG
1065512_sm-.JPG
1065513_sm-.JPG
1065514_sm-.JPG
1065515_sm-.JPG
1065516_sm-.JPG
1065517_sm-.JPG
1065518_sm-.JPG
1065519_sm-.JPG
1065520_sm-.JPG
1065521_sm-.JPG
1065522_sm-.JPG
1065523_sm-.JPG
1065524_sm-.JPG
1065525_sm-.JPG
1065526_sm-.JPG
1065527_sm-.JPG

Huzah, got some gaming in for a change! A fellow at the club has gotten enough of his Nova Guard painted that we threw down a 1250 point game of Titanicus.

I put up two tables, but before we got to the game I had time in my hands and went a bit overboard playing with the rest of my models in case someone else came down to see what was going on. You know miniature gamers, it's easy to tempt them into new games by showing them some shinies  :nod:

Looks like a great game. Kudos to you both.

Makes me miss Epic...

The skulls give the Reaver a lot of character. From the spikes on its left pauldron, I presume it's a Chaos Titan. Did the Titan Princeps best Daemons in the Realm of Chaos in order to claim those skulls, or are they mere reproductions?

Thanks, but it is not. They are sculptures and decorations made of adamantium just as the armour underneath. My aim with this legio is to go for a baroque / gothic / grotesque aesthetic, for titans are the stuff of nightmares that mostly only descend on worlds to end them.

Humans don't need chaos to look cool, chaos needs humans :D

The skulls give the Reaver a lot of character. From the spikes on its left pauldron, I presume it's a Chaos Titan. Did the Titan Princeps best Daemons in the Realm of Chaos in order to claim those skulls, or are they mere reproductions?

Thanks, but it is not.
That's comforting.

They are sculptures and decorations made of adamantium just as the armour underneath. My aim with this legio is to go for a baroque / gothic / grotesque aesthetic, for titans are the stuff of nightmares that mostly only descend on worlds to end them.

Did the Legio manage to hire H. R. Giger and/or Nihei Tsutomu's reincarnations to design the Titans' aesthetic enhancements?

Humans don't need chaos to look cool, chaos needs humans

Well said.

I must say I quite enjoy both Giger's and Tsutomu's works. There is something quite alluring in the brutalistic, technoerotical way they portray man and machine intermingling. Blame!, along with Akira and Ghost in the Shell were important bits of my childhood in showing different shades of cyber and well, Giger is Giger. There's barely any sense to talk about western future horror without his influence (though it often benefits from a touch of Beksinski's fever dreams thrown in for good measure).

Ah, you're someone with GOOD TASTE and APPRECIATION for the CLASSICS! People like you are becoming increasingly rare in these times. (I'm still very angry at what Disney did to Lucasfilm and Marvel Comics. Denounce the original creators and their works as "problematic," but instead of giving us fans something original, just ripoffs the "problematic" works?!)