Legio Favilla walks - Ashen Gods unleashed

Sherrypie

My goodness! Awesome, simply awesome. A great model with a fantastic paintjob as well.

I loooove the Ordinatus. I really hope it gets released for AT at some point. Of all the super heavies it seems the most appropriate for AT to me, although being a tracked vehicle rather than a walker it'd need some different mechanics I think, for movement at least. 

In the meantime, yes, using it as a battlefield asset makes a lot of sense.

Thanks Doc!

As an asset, I'd probably go with something like a slowly moving bunker that has a void shield (which regenerates at the beginning of the Strategy phase), maybe even more shields that slowly disperse as the game goes on. The gun would probably work fine as a Mori equivalent, hitting relatively hard at range and shaking the place up wherever it hits. Could have Rending instead of Quake, maybe? Definitely Concussive. 3-4 SP depending on the implementation, perhaps?

• 4 months later...

Raah, progress!

Flagellum Dei, the Scourge of God, joins the ranks of the Ashen Gods this day.

Nomen est omen and so on, the tasty irony in the naming being that though the Great Crusade was a secular endeavour, Legio Favilla was most often unleashed only after peaceful negotiations had been rebuffed and a complete eradication of opposing civilizations was requested. Thus, like a divine retribution of whatever deities they might have bowed to, did the resisting planets bring on themselves their doom until only ashes remained.

A bit of freehand training this time, couldn't find suitable transfers so I just painted the whip then :D

As ever, click 'em bigger.

1103854_sm-.jpg
1103855_sm-.jpg
1103856_sm-.jpg
1103857_sm-.jpg
1103858_sm-.jpg
1103859_sm-.jpg
1103860_sm-.jpg
1103861_sm-.jpg

Excellent Reaver. The pose, the freehand and the NMM on the trim are all really cool. Did you have to do a lot of work on the shin armour to get it to fit?

Cheers Mandragola.

Not too much, just bevelling the inner side of the toe arch a bit from the right leg's armour. If you look closely, the armour does overlap the inner right toe and slides in place without much trouble.

Yeah, that free hand is nothing short of awesome. Even the design is awesome. Your own creation or copied from somewhere?

I might have to copy that Chainfist design......... Altough that means another Reaver... Dammit.