Legio Favilla walks - Ashen Gods unleashed

Sherrypie

Now I'm intrigued by the heavy reaver concept, like Gryphonicus or Audax bolt extra armour on theirs. I think there was a campaign upgrade too for that. Sigh, projects...

I just looked at their terminal for the first time and the Warbringer can't take powerfists.  When I get home I'll have to mock up Warlord fists - or hands at least - on a Reaver to see what that looks like.  

I think warbringer legs could potentially pass as armoured reaver legs but not the body - or not without major work to remove the platform on top.

I’d probably just try and add some more armour plates to a reaver instead - for example on the upper legs. And maybe add things like serrated ridges along existing armour plates to show them being strengthened.

Mmmm, about the melee warbringer as an uparmoured reaver, maybe you could fill the empty space of the carapace weapon with some spires from the set GW released a bit ago? Don't know if any would fit properly, but I think it would be nice to see over the top decoration in titans smaller than imperators Edited by Elzender

• 2 weeks later...

Unrelated, but I might have subconciously taken Elzenders musings to heart as I continue to create new projects...

It's psi-titan time.

"Undecorated bar a lion on the shoulder..." what blog do you think this is? It's extra gothic time with bling all day every day.

1049652_sm-.JPG

Number one: get a grimdark head. It's a dead sea animal that looks disturbing. Check.

1049655_sm-.JPG

Number two: the Ciricrux looked tacked on and lacking in gigerian tubes. Integrate it better. Chopped an old Necron destroyer. Check.

1049656_sm-.JPG

Number three: it has a bigass gun. Make one with a chonky imperial base but an alien look as a whole. Check. Wondering about making arcing warp flames to dance on its surface.

1049653_sm-.JPG

Number four: test out some chains, those are cool. Check.

There'll be more spikes, lightning bolts and whatnots after the green stuff phase, as well as hexagrammic wards and other esoteric shenanigans when painted. Given the deviation from the unmarked default scheme, I might go more in the wolf direction rather than a lion when sculpting a roaring maw on the other shoulder. For basing there's going to be a pile of corpses, perished from the psychic horrors unleashed by this thing. Perhaps the flickering arcs of warpfire could go there?

Not entirely sure about the name yet, besides Horror Vacuii for a laugh :P

Chugging along, added green stuff and basing.

1050246_sm-.JPG

1050245_sm-.JPG

1050247_sm-.JPG

1050249_sm-.JPG

Put some fifteen or so corpses on the base, both psychically fried and physically crushed. I'll probably put the dancing warp flames as a ring around the left foot, licking away at the piles of the dead.

Pretty happy with the maw, the snout worked out reasonably well.

Very nicely done. I think you've overtaken me, possibly due to your dastardly tactic of only working on on one project at a time.

The maw is good. I was glad that the bloodthirster heads I found had their own teeth in a good set up already. To be honest with yours, if I've any criticism, it's that the skaven head isn't really needed. You've already done the hard bit. You could probably cover over it with more lion-y stuff and not miss it.

What's the head like? I don't think you've given us a good look at it yet. Seems very weird, which is probably appropriate!

*glances at the desk with a sporadically built Mortarion, a half painted artillery tank, an Epic army in progress, half a dozen truescale marine ideas as bitz, basecoated terrain pieces and other titans waiting to be basecoated*

...one project, yes... :D

It's actually not skaven, but an old wolf head from some goblin cavalry. In hindsight I agree that I could have just sculpted the whole thing from scratch, but c'est la vie this time. The armoured face mask is fun enough to leave there, even if the name Iron Wolf won't be used for this guy. Also, dang sculpting fangs is actually hard.

I'm not entirely sure anymore what animal that head came from, besides having lived in the ocean. It's not a pincer, the shell isn't wholly shut on the other side. It's a nice wedge shape with unsettlingly un-Imperial grooves in it, which kinda fits into the curves of the shoulder armour but not entirely. Nice and dissonant.

They didn't model it on the shoulder and I'm not actually certainly that was the vision.  The actual wording in HH7 is: 

"Its cargo upon dismounting was to be a single Warlord titan liveried in deep green-black verdigris and bearing a snarling lion in cold argent [silver] head as its sigil. Upon its armorial was featured no symbol or sign recongnisable as belonging to any Titan Legion of the Imperium, instead it bore the words 'Ordo Sinister - Pavore Dominetur' and what was judged to be the Titan's blazoned name, Polaris-Albedelach..."

Now a guy modified a 28mm Warlord awhile back to have the big lion heads on the shoulders - and I have the Ordo Sinister short story but I don't remember any specific physical description of the lion's head - but we don't actually know what that argent symbol actually looks like.  Is it 3d or just painted?  The art on page 134 has a flat lion head on the shoulder of that titan inside the T and gear symbol but in fact all we know is that Polaris-Albedelach has it, the lion doesn't actually feature into much of the Emperor's sigils or symbols much as far as I can tell, he's more an eagle guy.  This was from 2017, dunno if anyone did it before him:

http://titanownersclub.blogspot.com/2017/05/warlord-titan-no434-borealis-xanthus.html

We know they're modifying CAD files between 28mm and AT scale models so I'm really surprised we didn't see lion's head shoulders at AT scale. We will see 28mm psi-titans at some point now that the CAD files are out there and at that point we'll know what they intended.  I'm wondering if we're all chasing one person's artist license and assuming all 25 Warlords all bear 3d lions on their actual shoulders...  That image on page 134 has the left arm even faded out because art of the Tenebre wasn't finished yet.  

Mostly I'm just chickening out because you all are doing much better than I was going to do.  :unsure.:

Edited by Fajita Fan