Legio Favilla walks - Ashen Gods unleashed

Sherrypie

Personally wouldn't mind if it was more of a sigil for the Polaris fortress and others were using whatever they liked, going for unique designs for each, but I'm reasonably confident the official presentation will (sadly) tend towards more uniform look.

The Emperor did use lion iconography alongside the eagles, though. Both are real world symbols for pompous royals and work very well in the context of Emperor's own armour, Custodes equipment and similar places.

Progress, mainly details like decals and weathering left after a day of trim-slogging. Must also paint a few guys running on the gunnery deck.

1050910_sm-.JPG

1050911_sm-.JPG

Borrow away, Fajita, he must look the part if he's to bring down the golden age of Camelot.

Thanks GCrow, wanted to get a bit of colour in there if the engine itself will be darker than my usual fare.

I keep thinking of things I can do with little AI missiles like wrist mounted mini missiles for an Inquisitor. There’s also the little Acastus lascannons that might look cool mounted on a wrist or shoulder like the Predator.

Are you doing glowing bits on your psi-titan’s Ciricrux?

Wish I'd got some of those ground assets. They seem to have been a limited run. I actually had a vague look at AI earlier this week but found that pretty essential stuff like the area of engagement map appear to have been discontinued.

Wish I'd got some of those ground assets. They seem to have been a limited run. I actually had a vague look at AI earlier this week but found that pretty essential stuff like the area of engagement map appear to have been discontinued.

Yeah, but with the new book Imps vs. Tau we will get a new map and maybe new ground assets. At least i hope so.

Contempt for the World walks!

The first Warbringer joins the Ashen Gods, bringing us up to ten painted engines. Put a few guys on the deck, tried out some more damages on the metals and freehanded some stripes.

1051217_sm-.JPG

1051218_sm-.JPG

1051219_sm-.JPG

1051220_sm-.JPG

1051221_sm-.JPG

1051222_sm-.JPG

1051223_sm-.JPG

1051224_sm-.JPG

Glowing bits on the psi-titan? Could be, not entirely sure about its colours yet.

Cheers, Mandragola!

Hmm, macro cannons and others might do just as well on these engines. I'm probably going to use the AI ork guns on the next Warbringer, as they are just grungier in general compared to the somewhat boring imperial flak batteries. Those are nice for other purposes though, like on board objectives and scenery.