trying to convert an AoBR Warboss

bushman101

howdy,

I'm trying to convert a Assault on Black Reach/ Battle for Vedros Warboss. You know, the one with the Klaw.

I got a extra one I'm trying to convert with a Big Choppa.....but the arm is such a weird size.

Nob arms are too small. AoS IronJaws are too small as well.

Anyone tried this? What did you use?

Polystyrene card and tubing alongside an ample amount of modeling putty if you're willing to put in the time, effort and aggravation to upscale a Power Klaw. It's taken me a few times to model Power Klaws from scratch.

A Defiler claw also seems to be a favorite, I've done it a few times since the model came out a long time ago, if you know someone who has a decent bits box, you can also use the Power Fist from the Knight Titan.

Only a few things come to mind. That warboss is difficult to work with. You may be able to swap part over from the Ogres but it depends on what you want. If you Big choppa is going to be just in 1 hadn you can clip the shoota off and attack a weapn or just swap the hand if you can find the bit you like, probably something from the Iron Jaws mega boss. you may be lucky to find a bit second hand. (Ebay bitz sellers.) That leave the power Klaw which you could turn into a funky crazy shoota built over the boxed end.

Alternatively you might look at a rat ogre and work with that I have seen a few over the last few years in a FB group that looked nice. I think the army a little long but it could work. 
If you'r good with green stuff just clip off that power Klaw and build out a forearm and again,  the Iron Jaws may have a big choppa with in a left hand.

That's about all I can come up with just now. 

Oh, this is what happens when I reply on my phone.

I think the Big Choppa on the Warbiker set for the Nob will fit with a lot of conversion work, I've done it before but converted the hand/up scaled it and made it into a bionic bit.

Archived