List of unique Primaris models

Burni

I'm going to start picking up some Primaris and wondered if there was a list somewhere about the unique sculpts available.

For example are the 3 ETB intercessors the same as ones you get in Dark Imperium? With the fact that we see a lot of monobuild stuff from GW these days, I wanted to try and get as varied a range as possible.

Does anyone know of a resource that has that info?

Well some of the Dark Imperium boxed ones are kinda unique I guess? That doesn't mean much with Intercessors though since they are so basic. However the Ancient, the Gravis Captain and the Lieutenants of that box aren't available separately for now (though I'll expect that to change soon now that wave 2 is coming with its own box).

I think the main take away from the Dark Imperium Intercessors is that they got very different poses than the ones you can make from the standard Intercessor kit. Even if you buy the 10 man kit, you actually get a repeat of sprues designed to make 5. You can only vary that selection of bits so many times before repeition starts becoming noticeable. So 10 from DI helps break that reptition a bit.

Same with inceptors. The basic kit builds essentially 3 different poses, so having another 3 from DI again helps. The hellblasters too are unique and come with plasmas that have stocks, a feature absent on the full kit. Every little thing helps.

Ah that's good info to know (and the kind of thing I was looking for).

It's my store's birthday in a month, so will definitely grab that Captain and I'm going to get DI at some point too.

It looks to me like 'Know No Fear' uses minis from DI and 'First Strike' has the 3 ETB Reivers and 3 ETB Intercessors, both of which were in the early issues of Conquest. The 'getting started' magazine has an Intercessor from the ETB sprue (Bolter pointing down) with a unique base.

So it seems that DI plus each of the ETB and then the full kits, gets you all the poses. Then it's just the various lieutenants and captains from different sources.

Does that seem right?

Another question: apart from the weapon options, is there any difference in the Redemptors design?

Ah that's good info to know (and the kind of thing I was looking for).

It's my store's birthday in a month, so will definitely grab that Captain and I'm going to get DI at some point too.

It looks to me like 'Know No Fear' uses minis from DI and 'First Strike' has the 3 ETB Reivers and 3 ETB Intercessors, both of which were in the early issues of Conquest. The 'getting started' magazine has an Intercessor from the ETB sprue (Bolter pointing down) with a unique base.

So it seems that DI plus each of the ETB and then the full kits, gets you all the poses. Then it's just the various lieutenants and captains from different sources.

Does that seem right?

Another question: apart from the weapon options, is there any difference in the Redemptors design?

Basically right. You get 13 unique poses from the DI and ETB models, and can produce at least 25 different combinations of torso and arms from the multi-part kit. That's not even touching using the multi-part Hellblasters as a base instead, with each having a different torso pose than the Intercessors, unlocking at least another 25 more opportunities at a unique pose.

Basically right. You get 13 unique poses from the DI and ETB models,

I'd like to pick at this a bit, as both a response and a commentary on my earlier description. There's actually a bit of repetition going within DI posing itself, with one of the two intercessors squads basicly coming in doubles with the only difference being that you tilt the head in a different direction (the heads have little to stalk to help it in a fix position, but with these particular ones you can do two possible directions, giving you your different "poses"). It's pretty noticeable once you see it. Here's a link to an image of the squad:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/60010199015_40KDarkImperiumENG07.jpg

You might also notice that the sergeant here is very similiar in his pose to the ETB one, you'd even be forgiven for thinking they're the same (they're actually not though). Regardless, having both doing the bolt rifle in right hand, pointing with the left, helmet hanging from the belt thing might feel questionable if you're concerned about not having duplicates.

It was a concern I had which is why did some very simple conversion/kitbashing with a few leftover arms from the regular interecessor kit. Just something to keep in mind.

Sure, you're absolutely right - but I wasn't trying to claim that they're drastically different. Only that they can produce ultimately a unique pose, whether it's near identical or not doesn't really matter to that statement and I apologise for not making the comment clearer.

Thank all of you guys for the insights in this thread - while I've had a lot of my stuff for a while, I have only recently begun to start my push toward a Primaris Chapter (I want to do an idea of a Chapter replenished from only a few former Marine brethren), and uniqueness of models is important to me, so all the information is really great.

• 3 weeks later...

How many unique primaris lieutnants are there now? 5? 10? 200?

Feels like every other box has a new one.

As for the redemptor, if you mean the ETB one it appears completey fixed with its pose and armament, while the full kit lets you do weapon options and pick a pose. I'd personally skip the ETB in this case entirely.

Indeed, the ETB Redemptor is locked to heavy onslaught gatling cannon + heavy flamer + fragstrom launchers. Arms look like they're posable (shoulder joint), rest is definately locked.

The normal Redemptor is worth it for the macro plasmaincinerator, onslaught gatling cannon, storm bolters and icarus missile pod options.

The only reason to grab the ETB Redemptor would be to save a bit of money going full dakka - adding storm bolters and a gatling cannon from the bitz box.

2 from Dark Imperium, the Blood Angel, Dark Angel, Space Wolf and Ultramarine chapter-specific ones, the Wake the Dead Lieutenant, 500 Stores one and the upcoming event one.

So.... There are NINE total Primaris Lieutenant sculpts :lol:

2 from Dark Imperium, the Blood Angel, Dark Angel, Space Wolf and Ultramarine chapter-specific ones, the Wake the Dead Lieutenant, 500 Stores one and the upcoming event one.

So.... There are NINE total Primaris Lieutenant sculpts :laugh.:

Wasn't there an imperial fists specific one or was that a repeat sculpt?

So.... There are NINE total Primaris Lieutenant sculpts :laugh.:

Wasn't there an imperial fists specific one or was that a repeat sculpt?

No Imperial Fists Lieutenant (currently). You might be thinking of the Imperial Fist Primaris Upgrade sprue?

No Imperial Fists Lieutenant (currently). You might be thinking of the Imperial Fist Primaris Upgrade sprue?

That must be what I'm thinking of: some yellow lieutnant wielding a power fist. It's kind of hard to keep track with the number of releases nowadays.

That must be what I'm thinking of: some yellow lieutnant wielding a power fist. It's kind of hard to keep track with the number of releases nowadays.

He's a Sarge. Sadly Primaris Lts can't yet rock a fist.

I believe its a matter of time before they "unlock" the ability for lieutenants to take wider assortment of gear. At least I hope so.

Initially, only the gear that you found in DI were the legal options for all primaris units, but with sergeants (intercessor ones anyway) this has expanded to include variety of weapons that can be taken instead of or  in addition to their bolt rifles, but lieutenants are pretty much stuck to rifle and pistol or sword and pistol, with pretty much only chapter specific ones breaking this norm, ever so slightly.

The upcoming vanguard releases makes me think we might see Lieutenants wearing phobos armour, and if that's the case things might start to get interesting.

So... We now getting just those four certain chapters highlighted nowdays?

Where´s the love for RG, BT, WS and IH?

Sure, IF got upgrade sprue, for now, but still... I feel bad for those "forgotten" chapters

Sure, IF got upgrade sprue, for now, but still... I feel bad for those "forgotten" chapters

Black Templars have an upgrade kit that's more in-depth than the Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Imperial Fists COMBINED, jussayin.

Raven Guard, Iron Hand and White Scars? Yeah, those guys are stuck in the lurch.

Black Templars have an upgrade kit that's more in-depth than the Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Imperial Fists COMBINED, jussayin.

Raven Guard, Iron Hand and White Scars? Yeah, those guys are stuck in the lurch.

It's also closing in on one and half decades in age. It's done its service. I'd retire trade it in for a new Primaris one even though it'd be much smaller. And an emperor's champion kit. But this isn't perhaps the thread for that.

Archived