The Second Barbarossa Crusade

The Pounder

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much!

My brother has just given me 5 Priests so it'd be rude not to make use of them.

First up is the Missionary from the Blackstone Fortress box

I'm reasonably pleased with him, though I think he could have been a bit neater.
On to the Krieg Infantry squad!

• 3 weeks later...
Finished my second squad of Krieg Infantry today!

I was waiting for the Squad Firing to come back into stock again but it appears they are no longer available.

I'll have to continue with Squad Advancing and Squad at Ease.

Here's the pics:

Really enjoyed painting these the poses are really dynamic will probably use these as the basis of my third squad.

Finished my second squad of Krieg Infantry today!
I was waiting for the Squad Firing to come back into stock again but it appears they are no longer available.
I'll have to continue with Squad Advancing and Squad at Ease.
Here's the pics:
Really enjoyed painting these the poses are really dynamic will probably use these as the basis of my third squad.

I think I might be the one that put them out of stock!  After my big order, (two "firing" squads as well), tons of the stuff I bought went "Out of Stock"

Cut that margin pretty close apparently.

All of this stuff is looking ab-so-lutely fantastic, man. Stellar, stellar job~

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Thanks Guard Daddy! It’ll be a while but I’m sure I’ll get there!

Thanks Bjorn!

Dark Legionnaire, so it’s your fault! Lol. Hopefully they come back in stock eventually, my timing is always off.

Thanks for the replies.

A random Priest I've added to the Crusade!

I really enjoyed painting this guy, he just oozes 40k! 
I'm pleased with the red and black colour scheme, I might roll it out for all the officers, would give them a little something extra over the basic grunts.

Oh man, I really missed the old priest models, the fact that you have the eviscerator one is great.  I always tried to get my shop to order one for me back in the day, owner never did come through on that front.

Like you said "40k's Imperium of man in a nutshell" in one-model form. :smile.:

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Cheers duz_

Dark Legionnaire, my brother gave me all the old Priests when he got rid of his sisters!

The mad monk with the Eviscerator is probably my favourite too. Just the right amount of ridiculousness!

Bjorn, yep I’d say they are definitely off worlders. The Krieg population are too busy building guns and making babies!

Expendable _Aquanaut, thanks man! They’re lush models and great fun to paint! I did a black and red scheme for the greatcoat of my Marshal, I was thinking predominantly black with Field grey cuffs.

A package arrived yesterday and my birthday is on Wednesday so hopefully I’ll have something to share soon.

Fantastic work Jud! The Krieg infantry look amazing as always and it's really pleasing to see some Priests being added to the mix. I bet they were a nice change to paint. I have the plasma gun Priest model myself and he's a favourite of mine :tu:

Oh and happy birthday! I hope you got some good 40K loot ;)

Thanks very much Arkaniss! Yeah was a nice change of pace and very fun (keeps things fresh) I have an idea of having a large assault element to the force.

I was thinking outflanking Cavalry backed up by a large number of the Infantry with Regimental Standard and some Priests.

With that in mind.....

I've spent the day working on my Deathrider Squadron Commander!
I was going to use a black and red schemne like I used on my Marshal and Priests. Sadly I thought it made the model look too grey.
So I went with the green/grey scheme like the Infantry.
I'm really proud of the base, I think it gets the message across.
Looking forward to adding more Cavalry (I have 4 more to do)
The Crusade continues to expand albeit at a slow pace.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks duz_! Really appreciate that, they’re some of the best sculpts Forgeworld have ever done, makes the painting a lot easier with so much details!

Cheers Bjorn Firewalker.

Thanks Arkaniss, I intend running a fair few Deathriders in the end! As I said to duz_ they’re some of the best in the range.

Thunder forge, I’ll take that as a compliment! I will admit I had to google Sabaton, came across Bismarck was quite impressed!!

Now for a question on list building.

I want to add Commissar Yarrick and my Priests into my list going forward, can I add them into a Krieg Battalion/Brigade or will I have to add them into a separate Vanguard Detachment?

Any advice would be a great help.