Vanguard Primaris Marines - Intro Thread

Mmmmm Napalm

well it appears what I feared has come to pass lol

Here's hoping there's more to wave 2 than just the stealthy tacticool guys. I really don't want to wait another year or two for Primaris units that I like and fit a more traditional view of marine tactics.

Looks to me like New librarian, snipers and classic marine helmet guys - also a guy with what looks like a rotor cannon in the artwork so maybe some kind of heavy. Unless there is something else substantial in there looks like chaos side have it in the bag. Chaos have obliterators and daemon engine and ?still no primaris anti tank

It's weird, love the new models but it's like instead if going with the fan feedback gw have decided to double down on the reivers of all things.

well it appears what I feared has come to pass lol

Here's hoping there's more to wave 2 than just the stealthy tacticool guys. I really don't want to wait another year or two for Primaris units that I like and fit a more traditional view of marine tactics.

I'm so disappointed with the Primaris units they revealed so far.

My feelings mirror yours.

I like the new models but I am a bit frustrated you still cant get....

Captain in gravis armour

Primaris ancient etc without buying DI.

Also, come one primaris need a techmarine.

I think the models could be good but I hope there is more than just this as Primaris still have a few glaring holes in their arsenal. Good start by gw though.

I just want walking cathedral Primaris. Take all the l33t tac gear off of them and drape them in prayer scrolls. Cover them in golden high gothic prayers to the Emperor of man. I don't care. Just make them feel at least a little like the Marines I love. If I wanted to play actual Space Marines I'd go find a game in the Alien universe, not 40K. If this is what is replacing my old Marines, I might swap to chaos. They're doubling down on what makes them great.

Maybe when they start releasing the wave 3 Primaris we'll get some upsized traditional marine skulpts. Those will, after all, be traditional marines who were enlarged by crazy new age voodoo magic. They should still hold to the old ways. Unless being reborn also removes your desire to cover yourself in prayer scrolls.

I just want walking cathedral Primaris. Take all the l33t tac gear off of them and drape them in prayer scrolls. Cover them in golden high gothic prayers to the Emperor of man. I don't care. Just make them feel at least a little like the Marines I love. If I wanted to play actual Space Marines I'd go find a game in the Alien universe, not 40K. If this is what is replacing my old Marines, I might swap to chaos. They're doubling down on what makes them great.

Maybe when they start releasing the wave 3 Primaris we'll get some upsized traditional marine skulpts. Those will, after all, be traditional marines who were enlarged by crazy new age voodoo magic. They should still hold to the old ways. Unless being reborn also removes your desire to cover yourself in prayer scrolls.

That's not what the Primaris are, at all.

If that's what you want you can always go and convert them to look like that. Just take a look at Sons of the Phoenix with their candels backpack for exmaple lol

Anyway, love the Reiver Librarian. I'll definitely get that one for my army.

Interested in the Sniper guys if they actually pack a punch like the AdMech Sniper and the GSC Sniper. Otherwise not so much as I already have backfield Marines due the Bolter Discipline beta rule now.

Looks like there's a Reiver Captain as well which I'm definitely interested in if we can let him deep strike as it would finally give our Inceptors a re-roll aura without having to rely on regular Captains. A Jump Pack would've been better but can't have everything.

Not sure what the Reiver with the Bolt rifle like weapons and the Mk7 like helmets are supposed to be but unless they get some fancy special rule I don't see anything interesting about them compared to Intercessors or the Reiver we already got.

seeing how Shadow spear is built entirely off of the Reiver armor.

I really think a "whispercutter" like craft is coming, heck it might even be in that box.

Whispercutter, is a 30k raven gaurd infiltration vehicle.

I think  a 40k version, primaris version, will have it replace both the Drop Pod and the Land speeder.

A Infiltration transport (10 model capcity) with limited offensive capabilities.

I honestly don't care at all about this whispercutter vehicle thing and the name is starting to annoy the hell out of me because you keep repeating it everywhere over and over lol

I honestly don't care at all about this whispercutter vehicle thing and the name is starting to annoy the hell out of me because you keep repeating it everywhere over and over lol

I'll stop brining it up.

I have been saying it a lot lately. -.-

After having another look at them. nah cant be bothered. So underwhelming.

Still don't understand why they doubled down of  crappy reiver armour.

atleast they fixed the helmets

I think it all looks pretty stellar honestly, the librarian in particular oozes awesome. The snipers look nice with the clever design of the cloaks and the guns are cool.

I still want a proper cc unit and I don't think this release will provide that.

However.

We could well see it as part of a broader release.

Could have fixed the legs whilst they were at it

I honestly think their legs are made that way, or were made that way for Plug N Play Greaves.

but then the idea was tossed out, and they never redesigned it

Could have fixed the legs whilst they were at it

I honestly think their legs are made that way, or were made that way for Plug N Play Greaves.

but then the idea was tossed out, and they never redesigned it

Extremely unlikely since that would mean they would have designed two different looking legs for the ETB models and for the multi-part models which makes no sense at all. Also I don't really see the problem people have with the Reiver legs so there's that.

Archived