Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanguard Primaris Marines - Intro Thread

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

well it appears what I feared has come to pass lol

Here's hoping there's more to wave 2 than just the stealthy tacticool guys. I really don't want to wait another year or two for Primaris units that I like and fit a more traditional view of marine tactics.

• Sete, Robbienw and Lord Nord like this

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,735 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Astartes

I'm in love wub.gif

• Black Blow Fly and Shinespider like this

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 881 posts
Looks to me like New librarian, snipers and classic marine helmet guys - also a guy with what looks like a rotor cannon in the artwork so maybe some kind of heavy. Unless there is something else substantial in there looks like chaos side have it in the bag. Chaos have obliterators and daemon engine and ?still no primaris anti tank

It's weird, love the new models but it's like instead if going with the fan feedback gw have decided to double down on the reivers of all things.

Edited by Red_Shift, 08 February 2019 - 06:51 AM.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,473 posts

well it appears what I feared has come to pass lol

Here's hoping there's more to wave 2 than just the stealthy tacticool guys. I really don't want to wait another year or two for Primaris units that I like and fit a more traditional view of marine tactics.

I'm so disappointed with the Primaris units they revealed so far.
My feelings mirror yours.

Edited by Sete, 08 February 2019 - 06:46 AM.

• Mmmmm Napalm likes this

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,735 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Astartes

So .... if we're getting truely stealthy Primaris units, does this mean Corax is soon to return from the Shadows?

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 382 posts
I like the new models but I am a bit frustrated you still cant get....
Captain in gravis armour
Primaris ancient etc without buying DI.
Also, come one primaris need a techmarine.

I think the models could be good but I hope there is more than just this as Primaris still have a few glaring holes in their arsenal. Good start by gw though.
  • Jacques Corbin likes this

Ulfast

Ulfast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 399 posts

Primaris need a really dedicated close combat unit. That is what I wish for the most. Love the new models but to me it seems more shooting and we need close combat (and a cheap transport).

• Mmmmm Napalm, Jarl Caldersson, Sea-People and 1 other like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,957 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I really don't think this is everything so I'm not concerned.

The snipers are pretty amazing in fairness. Can't wait to see more.
  • Black Blow Fly and Lord Raven 19 like this

-~Ishagu~-

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,020 posts

I'm in the complicated position of actually really liking the new models, but they're so not Templar, so they're not really for me.

There's more models in the box I want to see before passing off it completely, but I'm thinking I'll have to wait for future wave 2 tidbits.

• Othniel's Blade likes this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,957 posts
It's pretty clear now that the Primaris are following the Stormcast Eternal formula in regards to updates to the range. That's the most exciting thing.

-~Ishagu~-

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts

Does this mean the next lot of primaris following these guys will be called extremis marines and will be riding large beasts?  laugh.png

Maybe substitute the beasts with repulsor bikes and vehicles hehe.

Edited by Robbienw, 08 February 2019 - 11:19 AM.

• Sea-People and Subtleknife like this

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I just want walking cathedral Primaris. Take all the l33t tac gear off of them and drape them in prayer scrolls. Cover them in golden high gothic prayers to the Emperor of man. I don't care. Just make them feel at least a little like the Marines I love. If I wanted to play actual Space Marines I'd go find a game in the Alien universe, not 40K. If this is what is replacing my old Marines, I might swap to chaos. They're doubling down on what makes them great.

Maybe when they start releasing the wave 3 Primaris we'll get some upsized traditional marine skulpts. Those will, after all, be traditional marines who were enlarged by crazy new age voodoo magic. They should still hold to the old ways. Unless being reborn also removes your desire to cover yourself in prayer scrolls.

• t-dog1996, Volt, Mmmmm Napalm and 1 other like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,957 posts

I just want walking cathedral Primaris. Take all the l33t tac gear off of them and drape them in prayer scrolls. Cover them in golden high gothic prayers to the Emperor of man. I don't care. Just make them feel at least a little like the Marines I love. If I wanted to play actual Space Marines I'd go find a game in the Alien universe, not 40K. If this is what is replacing my old Marines, I might swap to chaos. They're doubling down on what makes them great.

Maybe when they start releasing the wave 3 Primaris we'll get some upsized traditional marine skulpts. Those will, after all, be traditional marines who were enlarged by crazy new age voodoo magic. They should still hold to the old ways. Unless being reborn also removes your desire to cover yourself in prayer scrolls.

That's not what the Primaris are, at all.
  • Shinespider likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts

Near future sci-fi tacticool look is what primaris are.  They are diverging them even more from classic marines with this release.

• bolvar likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,015 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

If that's what you want you can always go and convert them to look like that. Just take a look at Sons of the Phoenix with their candels backpack for exmaple lol

Anyway, love the Reiver Librarian. I'll definitely get that one for my army.

Interested in the Sniper guys if they actually pack a punch like the AdMech Sniper and the GSC Sniper. Otherwise not so much as I already have backfield Marines due the Bolter Discipline beta rule now.

Looks like there's a Reiver Captain as well which I'm definitely interested in if we can let him deep strike as it would finally give our Inceptors a re-roll aura without having to rely on regular Captains. A Jump Pack would've been better but can't have everything.

Not sure what the Reiver with the Bolt rifle like weapons and the Mk7 like helmets are supposed to be but unless they get some fancy special rule I don't see anything interesting about them compared to Intercessors or the Reiver we already got.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,665 posts

seeing how Shadow spear is built entirely off of the Reiver armor.

I really think a "whispercutter" like craft is coming, heck it might even be in that box.

Whispercutter, is a 30k raven gaurd infiltration vehicle.

I think  a 40k version, primaris version, will have it replace both the Drop Pod and the Land speeder.

A Infiltration transport (10 model capcity) with limited offensive capabilities.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this
banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,015 posts

I honestly don't care at all about this whispercutter vehicle thing and the name is starting to annoy the hell out of me because you keep repeating it everywhere over and over lol

• Triszin, Toxichobbit, Robbienw and 2 others like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,473 posts

After having another look at them. nah cant be bothered. So underwhelming.

Still don't understand why they doubled down of  crappy reiver armour.

• Reldn, Volt and Robbienw like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,665 posts

I honestly don't care at all about this whispercutter vehicle thing and the name is starting to annoy the hell out of me because you keep repeating it everywhere over and over lol

I'll stop brining it up.

I have been saying it a lot lately. -.-

After having another look at them. nah cant be bothered. So underwhelming.

Still don't understand why they doubled down of  crappy reiver armour.

atleast they fixed the helmets

Edited by Triszin, 08 February 2019 - 12:30 PM.

banana

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,473 posts

Its something.

• Reinhard likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts

Could have fixed the legs whilst they were at it

• Volt and Sete like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,073 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I think it all looks pretty stellar honestly, the librarian in particular oozes awesome. The snipers look nice with the clever design of the cloaks and the guns are cool.

I still want a proper cc unit and I don't think this release will provide that.

However.

We could well see it as part of a broader release.
  • Dracos and ShibeKing like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,665 posts

I honestly think their legs are made that way, or were made that way for Plug N Play Greaves.

but then the idea was tossed out, and they never redesigned it

banana

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,060 posts
That Librarian is so cool - and the hints at new powers? So excited.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,015 posts

I honestly think their legs are made that way, or were made that way for Plug N Play Greaves.

but then the idea was tossed out, and they never redesigned it

Extremely unlikely since that would mean they would have designed two different looking legs for the ETB models and for the multi-part models which makes no sense at all. Also I don't really see the problem people have with the Reiver legs so there's that.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Disclaimer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users