Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanguard Primaris Marines - Intro Thread

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 506 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons

given that lastalons have boltgun range, the mobility of the surpressors would pretty much be indispensible if that were the case

Sure, but would also render their Suppression rule worthless.

It may not have much value around these parts, but even GW wouldn't abandon a special rule like this.

*cough* Flamer Aggressors *cough*

Also the suppressing special rule would work with Las Talons just as well as with their Autocannons. Probably better even as you'd have a higher chance of actually killing a model. In fact the Las Talon would outclass their autocannon in everything except for range so that's probably a better reason why they are unlikely to get such an option. ^^

You’re forgetting points, a Lastalon costs 40 pts. I am not arguing against that just pointing out that for a mere 25pts per model you get a badly needed anti-tank unit that can still do its original job better.

Just to point out again that I think giving suppressors an onslought gatling gun is a “bad” idea, for a mere 6 pts per model difference you effectively double the units ability to cause casualties to low toughness units, the math even works out that your more likely to stop a Primaris squad from shooting with OGCs than the Autocannons Suppressors currently have.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,378 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Interesting tidbit from the little codex in the Shadowspear box - the 10th Company is supposed to maintain a permanent complement of Vanguard Marines. This suggests that a complete Primaris Chapter would have a "Vanguard Company" instead of a Scout Company, I think.

So I guess the Neophyte stage is gone from the Chapters and only Initiates are allowed amongst the ranks, makes sense since Guilliman is bringing the legion modus operandi. Still kind of leaves a question in other chapters, what happens to SW? Will their Vanguard be Veterans or just normal? What about the Crusader Squad? Black Templars have zero real organization but the Crusader Squad is THE building block of the Chapter so what happens to them now that the Neopyhte isnt going to the frontlines? So many questions, so little answers, the more they try and flesh the Primaris the more I smell the stench of fluff writers sweating profusely as they try to plug all these holes only for more to come up.

• MARK0SIAN likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,603 posts
No, all it means is chapters now maintain a permanent complement of Vanguard as part of their 10th company.

It doesn’t mean they replace the Scouts in the 10th company, or that Scouts cease to exist.

Remember classic marines are still being made in the current 40k time setting, and Scouts are still present in current background.
  • bolvar and sfPanzer like this

Marshal van Trapp

Marshal van Trapp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 827 posts
  • Faction: B.Templars G.Knights

given that lastalons have boltgun range, the mobility of the surpressors would pretty much be indispensible if that were the case

It may not have much value around these parts, but even GW wouldn't abandon a special rule like this.

So I just realized something about the Suppressing Fire ability on the suppressors, its doesnt say when they kill a model with their weapon, it says the autocannon. Like specifically calls the autocannon out. That to me feels like the rule is tied to the gun not the model, meaning different options may have different rules?
  • sfPanzer likes this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
Or it's just how they worded it in the book and they'll expand it when they have more weapon options, and are just making sure that people aren't cancelling out overwatch by throwing grenades or something.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Marshal van Trapp

Marshal van Trapp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 827 posts
  • Faction: B.Templars G.Knights
I suppose that is a possibility, though I cant see why you'd rather thrown a grenade then fire the autocannon but I guess I can see situations where it may come up?

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,475 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

So I just realized something about the Suppressing Fire ability on the suppressors, its doesnt say when they kill a model with their weapon, it says the autocannon. Like specifically calls the autocannon out. That to me feels like the rule is tied to the gun not the model, meaning different options may have different rules?

That's actually an interesting detail. However I wonder where the suppressing part of their name would come from if another weapon doesn't have that rule. Probably just wording specifically for this boxset datasheet. ^^

• Lemondish likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,478 posts

Yep!

Imagine a support vehicle with a dual Accel auto, with suppressing fire!
banana

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts
I could get with that. Would be pretty cool

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,734 posts

I could get with that. Would be pretty cool

You know, making this weapon type always suppress no matter the unit it's on would be great.
  • Volt, Subtleknife, Scallywag and 1 other like this

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels
Or it means that Suppressors will not get another weapon option.

The more charitable (but still mostly cynical) version of my interpretation would be that another weapon option will not have the suppression rule, but might be discounted because of it.

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: Lance Company - ETL VII Vow 2

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,478 posts

Or it means that Suppressors will not get another weapon option.

The more charitable (but still mostly cynical) version of my interpretation would be that another weapon option will not have the suppression rule, but might be discounted because of it.

I think we'll be getting an errata that adjust the points soon enough. But when the suppressors full kit comes, I fully suspect 1 other weapon loadouts. At the earliest, June/July is when I expect to see it.

_--------

So I assume we can go up to a size of 6 man in the suppressors squads, just not right now? In the vox cast they alluded to making and playing with 6 man squads
  • MistaGav likes this
banana

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,710 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Yup, Winters is normally really good but this was a silly video. Nothing should be exempt from criticism, but what was being said was rubbish.

It's almost as if he's losing brain cells the more chummy he gets with Arch and praises Sargon more. I wonder why.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts
The Stormspear campaign booklet mentions the Vanguard force coming down in drop pods (page 7). Previously they’ve been very careful to not put Primaris in non Primaris vehicles (like the Reivers having to go by Valkyrie in a short story).

I love drop pods, so either a new one or the ability to use the old one for my Primaris would be great.
  • Sea-People likes this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

The Stormspear campaign booklet mentions the Vanguard force coming down in drop pods (page 7). Previously they’ve been very careful to not put Primaris in non Primaris vehicles (like the Reivers having to go by Valkyrie in a short story).
I love drop pods, so either a new one or the ability to use the old one for my Primaris would be great.

Would give me a reason to build the remaining 9 I have. That said, that's exactly the reason why GW probably won't let it be old pods and will make a whole new pod for it.
  • Burni likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

durdle-durdle

durdle-durdle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 638 posts
I think i’m Going to clip off all the antenna and dangly bits. They’re going to break eventually anyways, and I’m not a super big fan of them. Otherwise i’m So happy with everything in the set so far!

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts
The Apothecary’s needle isn’t going to last long either...

I’m leaving the antennae’s on for now but yeah, I don’t think they’ll survive too long going in and out the foam sadly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users