Dawn of Shadows ETL Prep Event 2019 (2/14 thru 4/15)

Dracos

Sadly, I can't vow for this as my process has altered.

I prime the whole sprue at once before I clip parts off. So in that sense everything is already prepped.

I believe you're ok. The stopping point for this event is 'built and primed'. As long as you don't go past that you're good.

I have no idea how ETL works!

But I promise to not participate there with any Space Marines other than RG! :wink:

Anyway, if this is the game, I’d like to vow for the Down of Shadows to get my Captain finished – I showed the finished and unpainted conversion in my thread yesterday, and the photos were freshly taken.

Technically I already primed him and started drybrushing some parts the same evening, but don’t tell anyone. We’ll just say I did it today or predate this vow to yesterday or something. :happy.:

Edited by Kua

Welcome aboard Kua. :)

Dawn of Shadow is to get us ETL ready. It’s all about building to the point you’re ready to paint. Don’t Oreo anything past a single color of primer and you’ll be pretty much hitting our goal here and ready for ETL (is about painting) in a few short weeks.

Ah, now I get. It's about converting and assembling only.

In this case I have to revoke the vow above. Although the model was built during the Dawn of Shadows event period, I'm about to paint it for an event in another forum, not waiting for the ETL.

No idea if I'll make any RG conversions afterwards; it's usually the painting where my stuff gets stuck.

Also, I just had a look at the ETL rules from last year... omg, I think, 8th ed. rules are shorter then them. x_x

We'll see.

When does it start, directly after this one?

I prime the whole sprue at once before I clip parts off. So in that sense everything is already prepped.

I believe you're ok. The stopping point for this event is 'built and primed'. As long as you don't go past that you're good.

Can't do it.

I paint sub assembled sections before I put them together at all.

My process is odd, but it's the only way I can get them to turn out the way I want.

I'll put it this way: I paint parts of models no one is ever going to see, because *I'll* know it wasn't done and it will bother me.

My Vanguard Librarian? His armor is painted all the way up under his robes, and edge highlighted. The robes are painted and washed inside too.....

I just can't paint a fully assembled model anymore, it drives me guano.

Can't do it.

I paint sub assembled sections before I put them together at all.

My process is odd, but it's the only way I can get them to turn out the way I want.

I'll put it this way: I paint parts of models no one is ever going to see, because *I'll* know it wasn't done and it will bother me.

My Vanguard Librarian? His armor is painted all the way up under his robes, and edge highlighted. The robes are painted and washed inside too.....

I just can't paint a fully assembled model anymore, it drives me guano.

We get you. I don the pretty much the exact same thing you do as far as painting on sprue. It’s why the “options” for what is complete for Dawn of Shadows is so open. Whether it’s my Intercessors arms and bits being primed on sprue ready to paint or an unassembled Mastadon merely primered with all the walls still open ... as long as the painting doesn’t go beyond one color of primer you’ve “completed” your Vow here. As long as it conforms to Captain Sempers pre ETL standards you’re good as far as completing the Dawn of Shadows vow.

This event has one overriding goal ... inspire those who wish to participate in ETL to be preppped to the best of their ability. That’s different for each of us.

Speaking of ... while I’m here next week I’m going to start awarding the Dawn of Shadows badge to those who have completed at least one vow and pmed me the point total for their unit. Keep your bolt rifles dry Brothers. :)

So I tried reading through those ETL rules and... for normal people, who don't paint entire apocalypse-sized armies in the course of an annual event, all the talk about points cost and whatnot doesn't really matter, does it?

So I tried reading through those ETL rules and... for normal people, who don't paint entire apocalypse-sized armies in the course of an annual event, all the talk about points cost and whatnot doesn't really matter, does it?

I'd say it depends. For me personally, no. I don't think I even participated in the ETL last year, but I will this year... for one unit, maybe two. I don't paint fast and it's therapy for me I'm not going to start rushing just for fake internet points.

Others love it and see it as a huge motivation for them. It really depends on what your goals are.

Sorry for the delay. I was in a tournament that went later than expected due to a power failure. I did take second with my Scions and Knights though.

I, Nusquam, vow to complete for the ETL in the name of the Raptors Chapter:

• 2x10 Infiltrators
  • 2x3 Suppressors
  • 2x3Eliminators
  • Lias v3.0
  • Phobo Librarian
  • Phobos LT

received 762901937439171

received 300410734188591

received 447464235998869

received 1977648789007950

received 422780304933860

Waiting on beakies in the mail before I finish assembling the rest.

I'm doing ETL this year for motivation. I have too much unpainted.