Dawn of Shadows ETL Prep Event 2019 (2/14 thru 4/15)

Dracos

I, too, approve of this idea. :)

So I tried reading through those ETL rules and... for normal people, who don't paint entire apocalypse-sized armies in the course of an annual event, all the talk about points cost and whatnot doesn't really matter, does it?

I'd say it depends. For me personally, no. I don't think I even participated in the ETL last year, but I will this year... for one unit, maybe two. I don't paint fast and it's therapy for me I'm not going to start rushing just for fake internet points.

Others love it and see it as a huge motivation for them. It really depends on what your goals are.

But... what is this motivation? Sure, you get an extra badge if you paint a stupendous amount of points, but we are speaking about normal people here. And then the competition between the forums: Does not the most populated forum win anyway? I mean, I don't see any xenos winning the ETL this year, next year or the years after.

Currently I'm stuck concerning the non-primaris stuff I've vowed. Mastodon is progressing, though I haven't fixed the conversions in place yet - too many ideas I still need to develop further. At least the vehicle itself is almost done. Vigilator is ready for basecoating, but I won't assemble him before I do, so I can still cleanly paint the parts that are harder to reach.

Just the rhino is an issue...by playing purely primaris, that thing is on the verge of being sold off to a friend. I have several (points expensive) squads of primaris ready for ETL and several primaris vehicles on the backlog, but the rhino is not on the list of things I'll do anytime soon.

Very nicely done but isn't that going past the ETL starting point or did I miss something?

Yeah but I've got special dispensation from the Chaplaincy for this mission. I'm even allowed to paint heretics...

I've been slacking so only one assault marine and two Fallen done. This means I've got 20 models to do in 9 days. Trying to work out a timetable for that.. :S

oULDHRB.jpg

843AYeF.jpg

IEQ9P99.jpg

The shadow prize fund has grown to include 3 aggressors, a redemptor (2 issues), the librarian and the 3 ETB intercessors from issue 1. In case you think I'm a sicko who hates dreadnoughts I already have 3 in the queue for my army; a Venerable, an Ironclad and a later blue plastic remake of the AoBr dread.

Hidden Content

4HSqYzY.jpg

Drum roll.....

Finally Vow 1 is complete!

Hidden Content

I also finished priming the leg armor for my venerable and two new heads for my Shadowspear Captain and LT because I've decided I can't run marines without helmets. I'm counting my contemptor vowed as a Mortis with las cannons. I'll paint up the CC weapon, Kheris Assault cannon and Melta so I can run this in the Calth missions.

GIptbvch.jpg

OMyYt3Dh.jpg

I apologize for my life issues interrupting the end of this event. I appreciate everyone's questions, participation, and appreciation of each of our Brother's hard work.

Time for out banners to be taken into each of our Chapter Relic Vaults. We now have this badge to be copy and pasted in the signatures for each of you that have completed at least one project to a pre=ETL standard.

Speaking of completed projects special kudos to thewarriorhunter who led the murder of ravens, edging out Ambit in reporting his progress.

I completed my own vow and will post a pic in my

Warhawk thread, but having issues getting my phone and computer talking to each other at the moment.

Badge: Dawn of Shadows

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

Anyone having issues getting it to work please contact me.

Victorus Aul Mortis

Is there place for some additional front armour plates the Laser Destroyer usually has?

They make a great deal of the design.

Hey Kua,

I'm sure there is space if you get creative with the plastic Vindicator front plate.  The FW Resin version is certainly "beefy" in the front.

Grats to everyone with the event :tu:  And a YUGE THANKS to Dracos for starting and running it :wub:  I can see this as a continuing event going forward ^_^

Speaking of completed projects special kudos to thewarriorhunter who led the murder of ravens, edging out Ambit in reporting his progress. 

So... I won? .... on a reporting technicality? If that's the case I'll take it :tongue.: My SQL skills are now bleeding over into my hobby.

lol ... not on a technicality, per se, although you were the only two to send the PM of your points I asked for. :) I do look forward to seeing much of what was built during DoS painted in the upcoming ETL. MajorNeese and Race especially have some sweet looking vehicles on their tables. Same goes for your Contemptor WarriorHunter. :)

lol ... not on a technicality, per se, although you were the only two to send the PM of your points I asked for. :smile.: I do look forward to seeing much of what was built during DoS painted in the upcoming ETL. MajorNeese and Race especially have some sweet looking vehicles on their tables. Same goes for your Contemptor WarriorHunter. :smile.:

I'm looking forward to painting it. I'm going to take a slight break from 40k and look into a WW2 system because I'm on a history kick, but my plans are to finish my librarians, then finish my mixed combat squad so I have those two units to field. After that I'll probably work on my contemptor so I have some more heavy hitting dakka in my army because that's a huge hole that I presently have.

Nice work, thanks for organising Dracos. I should have remembered to give you another update before the end :)

Thank you for hosting this event - it's a great reminder to not directly paint stuff, and get things going before ETL starts. I could see this getting a regular preparation event so we might show the other chapters how it's done.

Well, it's official, my vow is definitely not completed. Due to switching over to primaris the Rhino got shelved, Mastodon has the main part done but no exterior addons, not even sponson guns, so it probably won't be used in ETL. The reivers are already painted, so they are out as well.

Which doesn't mean I'm not prepared for ETL...

etl03ki0.jpg

Recent primaris buildup, for a total of...10p more than the Mastodon:

10 Infiltrators

5 Hellblasters

3 Aggressors

3 Eliminators

1 Captain in phobos armour

1 Redemptor dreadnought

Does anyone know when ETL is starting? If it still takes one or two weeks, I might finish my second Repulsor, which will be on tracks if things work out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for running this event Dracos, while I failed to get all the stuff I wanted to done it has served to get progress rolling.

I have now got undercoated ready to paint the Captain, Whirlwind and 5 Vanguard Vets.

The librarian is almost there, I'm still toning down the amount of detail to my liking and testing my green stuff skills on a few details of my own.

Failed to finish painting the tacticals. Just not feeling the love there and my time is being swallowed by real life at the moment. I'll do some pictures at some point...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nusquam, you beat me to it buddy :smile.: Kromlech's usually much better than that, I'd try contacting them through here or their email.

Meantime, here's what the Captain posted in News, Rumors, and Board Announcements ....

B&C-20

The Inner Circle Presents:

gallery_48988_15200_502144.png

E TENEBRAE LUX VII - 2019

THE BOLTER & CHAINSWORD EDITION

Celebrating 20 Years of B&C

June 1st - September 1st 2019

Edited by Dracos