BA and Primaris 2.0

Charlo

=][= Thread split from BA Today =][=

SO new Primaris on the way - The Vanguard Primaris

yes they are totally the same as Stormcast now.... Can't wait for the Extremis Primaris next

These guys are "Trained in covert operations, these ruthless killers operate behind enemy lines as saboteurs, assassins and infiltrators. While the Intercessors and Tactical Squads execute their wars out in the open, these guys fight in the shadows – and they fight dirty."

We have a Vanguard Librarian:

Vanguard Space Marine Librarians sometimes lead these strike forces. They are masters of shrouding and stealth, allowing their battle-brothers to strike at enemy forces when they’re least expected…

To hit modifiers and deep strike then I bet.

Also, this model is exquisite and I adore every single detail - from the leather jerkin/ gauntlets to the keys to the librarius on his belt.

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-ShadowspearLibrari

Vanguard Eliminators:

"Eliminators are dead-eye snipers. From concealed positions, these expert marksmen target and take out key enemy leaders, utilising a range of exotic and deadly ammunition tailored to their target. No heretic lord or xenos commander is safe."

I'll admit, this is something the Marine range was lacking, especially in light of the bloody Genestealer Cults getting excellent Snipers.

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Eliminators8snvrx.

Also shown in the artwork:

• Reiver Captain
  • Reivers with full Bolt Rifles/ new helms akin to MkVII

Some people thing there is a heavy weapon at the back, but I think its just a blurry bolter.

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-ShadowspearArt32yv

Love the Vanguard Librarian. I will definitely get that one for my army.

The Sniper are great too but not sure how I feel about them now that I can have my Bolt rifle Intercessors hang back with Bolt Discipline. Maybe if they have potent rifles like the AdMech Rangers or the GSC Characters. And quite frankly it's about time Sniper start to feel like actual sniper ... few super lethal shots instead of a mass of Bolter quality shots and hoping for 6s to do their job.

About a Reiver Captain ... well if he can deep strike like regular Reiver and gets at least a Power sword I'll get that one too. If not then I don't have any use for them.

Reivers with Bolt rifles are a pass for me as well as I already have Intercessors for that. They'd have to convince me in another way.

So what do we think? I'm still disappointed we dont have a unit with chainswords yet.

How do we see long ranged shooting/suppression type units in a BA army, both fluff and crunch wise?

The BA 10th company has always tended to be made of the most hotheaded marines, not just the new recruits, and conducted supply raids, sabotage, etc. The extension of this role to full marine status is interesting...and closer to 30k recon squads...

I am interested in the new sniper squads. Sniper rifles from the early codices are seriously underpowered. They are basically bolters stat-wise. If you look at new sniper weapons like GSC, you can see they are something that characters will actually fear, even if you do not generate mortal wounds.

40kGSCNewUnits-Jan30-JackalRifle13hds.jp

Something like this would be a great addition. The only reason we see sniper units currently has more to do with the fact that many units that carry them are Troops (Rangers, SM Scouts) and less to do with their sniping abilities.

The question is what role these new snipers will have. I am guessing they will be an Elite slot, otherwise they may well invalidate Scouts.

I guess we'll have to wait for wave 3 for actual melee Primaris which makes me quite sad but so be it.

Long ranged shooting/suppression type units is easily Fire Support/Heavy Support and I hope that's where the Eliminator guys will land. Makes it much easier to build a Brigade without relying on Hellblaster and makes me hope their Snipers will actually be able to hurt something without relying on luck.

I am interested in the new sniper squads. Sniper rifles from the early codices are seriously underpowered. They are basically bolters stat-wise. If you look at new sniper weapons like GSC, you can see they are something that characters will actually fear, even if you do not generate mortal wounds.
40kGSCNewUnits-Jan30-JackalRifle13hds.jp
Something like this would be a great addition. The only reason we see sniper units currently has more to do with the fact that many units that carry them are Troops (Rangers, SM Scouts) and less to do with their sniping abilities.
The question is what role these new snipers will have. I am guessing they will be an Elite slot, otherwise they may well invalidate Scouts.

The AdMEch one is even better. :wink:
xfJRIJB.png

Also I half agree with your assumption. It's not because they are Troops, it's because they are on a spammable unit. T'au Sniper Drones are Heavy Support but they are cheap as chips so a potent weapon on them would be devastating. ^^

I must admit I don't really care how they play, these are ones I'm getting anyway. My question is what do people think of a BA colourscheme - I'm thinking khaki/drab brown as the splinter on the cloaks.

It will depend on rules, points and force-org slot (in that order). As I say, I find sniper Scout underwhelming so some decent snipers would be very welcome provided they are appropriately costed.

The Librarian could be useful if it gives us access to a new discipline as we tend to run either Mephiston/Libbynaught or a buff Libby to cast Unleash Rage or Shield of Sanguinius on a big killy unit.

I could see myself building a primaris firebase as the anchor for my army. Some Intercessors with 30" rapid fire + those sniper primaris with their different ammo types. Throw in the FnP banner and Cpt and/or Lieutenant and you have a good firebase.

I could see myself building a primaris firebase as the anchor for my army. Some Intercessors with 30" rapid fire + those sniper primaris with their different ammo types. Throw in the FnP banner and Cpt and/or Lieutenant and you have a good firebase.

Add some Hellblasters too and maybe a Sanguinary Novitiate to patch up casualties.

I'm am super stoked for those eliminates! I mean honestly the entire box is incredible. Only thing I'm worried about is the "special ammo" being a lame copy of DW special ammo with the ability to target characters tacked on. BUT! I am excited about the models nonetheless and have little to no expectations rules wise.

I'm am super stoked for those eliminates! I mean honestly the entire box is incredible. Only thing I'm worried about is the "special ammo" being a lame copy of DW special ammo with the ability to target characters tacked on. BUT! I am excited about the models nonetheless and have little to no expectations rules wise.

What's not to like about DW special Ammo?

Honestly I'm looking for an ammo type which can ignore invulns, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Archived