Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanguard Space Marines - Shadowspear Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2385 replies to this topic

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,872 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Pretty sure these Primaris will all be Vanguard, Prot, so all Mk X Reiver armor. That's what he looks like back there, based on the pauldrons.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,169 posts
  • Faction: Renegade-ish Marines and Nids
So all new Primaries models means new unit entries and rules. I wonder if this will be the 40k equivalent of Soul Wars and we get 8th 2.0 or if it's just a box set with a leaflet book of data slates?
  • 01RTB01 likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,679 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

So all new Primaries models means new unit entries and rules. I wonder if this will be the 40k equivalent of Soul Wars and we get 8th 2.0 or if it's just a box set with a leaflet book of data slates?

They are definitely doing the exact same release pattern for Stormcast and Primaris, so we will see Primaris this summer iirc the Stormcast timeline

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,696 posts

It’s not 8th 2.0, the box will have the rules for all the models in it. Theywbwre asked about an updated rulebook, as well as second editions of Codices to updates with added rules - both are thibgavudner consideration, but Shadowspear is not that.

My person speculation is that those rules will also be in Vigilus 2.

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Really hoping the new marines are going to be for the DA, BA, and SW instead of just the basic codex marines. I really want to put together a list with these guys and ravenwing

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,450 posts

Really hoping the new marines are going to be for the DA, BA, and SW instead of just the basic codex marines. I really want to put together a list with these guys and ravenwing

Agreed. Deathwatch too.

Hell, I want that Librarian SPECIFICALLY because he'd look awesome in my Truescale Inq28 Deathwatch.

Edited by Gederas, 08 February 2019 - 04:30 AM.

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,308 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

So from the artwork I think it is safe to assume the following contents:
Loyalists:

- Vanguard Captain

- Vanguard Librarian

- 1 unit of Vanguard "Intercessors"

- 1 unit of Vanguard Eliminators

Chaos
- Master of Possessions
- 1 unit of Possessed
- 1 unit of Chaos Marines

- 1 unit of Obliterators

- 1 Venomcrawler

There are probably more that I can't see.

• Spyros likes this

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
Someone mentioned a pic of an intercessor with an onslaught tattling cannon, but can't find it anywhere, can somebody provide a link or list the pic pls.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 376 posts
There is a guy behind the librarians sword that somepeople say looknlike an onslaught. I cant see it, for me it just looks like a boltrifle.
  • mel_danes likes this

Lephisto

Lephisto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts
  • Faction: The Elysian Phoenixes

So I'm confused and excited. The vanguard marines, the guys with the camouflage. Do they come in a squad or was that just an HQ model? 

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out lol

Edited by Lephisto, 08 February 2019 - 04:39 AM.

• duz_ likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,450 posts

So I'm confused and excited. The vanguard marines, the guys with the camouflage. Do they come in a squad or was that just an HQ model? 

Vanguard Librarian:
LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-ShadowspearLibrari

Primaris Eliminators:
LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Eliminators8snvrx.

So, we know there's at least three Eliminators, possibly 5, and a Vanguard Librarian and Vanguard Captain in that box.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

Those Eliminators and that Librarian are amazing.  I love the fluff about them too.  I really wonder how 'they fight dirty' will end up being implemented?

Honestly, I'm a -tad- disappointed we didn't get a new Primarch reveal... but Abbadon's nearly as good!

All in all, that was a good reveal!  Lots of cool new stuff!

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The CSM stuff looks incredible, but if I'm being honest I'm disappointed with the Primaris releases. Reivers might be my least favorite of the Primaris releases, as I dislike the whole tacticool stealthy operators vibe, which clashes with the warrior monks/space knights vibe that attracted me to Space Marines in the first place. I really hope that Wave 2 consists of more than just this box, and that the "Vanguard" don't comprise the entirety of it either. I really don't want to wait another year or two for some Primaris units that I like.

• Praesul, Spiritual Liege, MARK0SIAN and 3 others like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,696 posts
In the seminar they mentioned the Elimantors had different ammo options and the Librarian has a new psychic Discipline.
  • G8Keeper, Dumah and Lord Nord like this

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,308 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

Now I know that Shadowspear exists...

WHEN PREORDERS!?!?!?

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 639 posts

In the seminar they mentioned the Elimantors had different ammo options and the Librarian has a new psychic Discipline.

That's welcome news! I've always found the vanilla disciplines rather lackluster.

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

Hellebras

Hellebras

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists, Word Bearers

On the one hand, I finally have infantry available that suit how I want to build that Word Bearers army. And if this is packaged with new Possessed, even better, I get at least three theme-critical units, and daemon engines and Obliterators are reasonably appropriate too. Especially a daemon engine that's supposed to bolster summoned daemons.

On the other hand, the Vanguard almost run into the exact same problems for me as Reivers: I don't think they fit my Fists in how I see them operating. The snipers, maybe. They're helpful in urban combat, even if they're a bit dishonorable. But camouflage is still the colors of cowardice, and I just don't see the Fists allocating too many resources to underhanded methods of fighting. Hopefully the next wave of Primaris stuff is bigger than this.

sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 639 posts

Let's not fall into the trap of thinking any Chapter could be so one-dimensional and limited in its flexibility. Do you really think the pragmatic sons of Dorn would spurn a tactical advantage on the basis of pride? I hope not. Death to His enemies, above all else!

Edit: and don't forget said Primarch's complicity in the whole Knights Errant thing during the Heresy... Pretty covert, if I do say so.

Edited by Dumah, 08 February 2019 - 05:00 AM.

• mithrilforge, ixzion, Toxichobbit and 2 others like this

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
Moment of silence for the person out there whose made up chapter is called the Eliminators.

GW is cornering the market of -ors names.
  • Honda and The Yak like this

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

So from the artwork I think it is safe to assume the following contents:
Loyalists:

- Vanguard Captain

- Vanguard Librarian

- 1 unit of Vanguard "Intercessors"

- 1 unit of Vanguard Eliminators

Chaos
- Master of Possessions
- 1 unit of Possessed
- 1 unit of Chaos Marines

- 1 unit of Obliterators

- 1 Venomcrawler

There are probably more that I can't see.

That reiver-vanguard dude is a lieutenant, look at this shoulderpad.

Also can't decide if the dude with beard is just an Eleminator sergeant or another HQ.

Also can't decide if the marines in the pictures are all the new Reiver-Intercessor crossover or distinct units.

51765526_2047684185529305_81624936527911

And I will be disappointed if Chaos only gets 1 new HQ.

• Spyros likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Hellebras

Hellebras

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists, Word Bearers

Let's not fall into the trap of thinking any Chapter could be so one-dimensional and limited in its flexibility. Do you really think the pragmatic sons of Dorn would spurn a tactical advantage on the basis of pride? I hope not. Death to His enemies, above all else!

Edit: and don't forget said Primarch's complicity in the whole Knights Errant thing during the Heresy... Pretty covert, if I do say so.

But stubborn pride is one of my favorite things about the Fists.

... I'm still not painting them as company-level assets. And Reivers are staying with Kill Team operations.

Edited by Hellebras, 08 February 2019 - 05:03 AM.

sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,309 posts
Worth pointing out Scout infantry are completely redudant with this update. Vanguard and Reivers are obvious successor - If there was a time to stop making scout infantry kits, it's now.

Edited by Wispy, 08 February 2019 - 05:18 AM.

Chief

Chief

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

The first reveal....

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-ShadowspearArt32yv

New Primaris Lieutenant with bionic eye, sash and beard confirmed. tongue.png

All I am seeing is the glory of chaos right here... biggrin.png

Hmm.. That primaris captain looks a lot like sergeant telion who got a primaris upgrade. 

• Dusktiger, ixzion, Raztalin and 2 others like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,345 posts

Don't know how to relate to the new vanguards...

I mean the witch boss is a big no no, but the rest aren't exactly scouts, so its fne right? unsure.png

• Pathstrider likes this

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
Rules wise I don't get why these eliminators have to be scouts dialed up to 11 then pus 1. Rivers with sniper rifles, infiltrate and cloaks instead of grenades et all would have been fine, but by the looks of it they get special rounds too, which kind stings since sterbguard lost theirs. I figured it was supposed to be so DW would have their bespoke schtick but now this. Great models I just don't get why they have to make them so good by comparison that taking classic marines automatically puts you at a handicap.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users