Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanguard Space Marines - Shadowspear Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2385 replies to this topic

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,005 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Cross draw of a weapon is a bad idea.

Anyway, i like the new bolter scout vanguard.

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
I'm a little out of the loop but this thread is 90 something pages long now, why is Phobos keyword on reiver important?

I attempted to read back but it's mostly talking about pistol placement. Which chest mounted onto iotv is best ;)

Edited by Jarl Caldersson, 11 March 2019 - 12:44 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,089 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

basically just because certain new powers and traits only work on things with the phobos keyword.

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

basically just because certain new powers and traits only work on things with the phobos keyword.

Ah hmmm, I guess my hatred for the witch is preventing me from really using my flanking troops effectively. Sad times...
  • templargdt likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Ah hmmm, I guess my hatred for the witch is preventing me from really using my flanking troops effectively. Sad times...

Brother I keep telling you, it’s the spirits of mother Fenris. TOTALLY different....
  • beefeb, RikuEru, jbaeza94 and 2 others like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,347 posts

Abhor the Witch, Destroy the Witch.

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

So do we have an educated idea of when points for some of these units will be coming down? The next Chapter approved? I really like the units but for some of these it'll be yet another unit I take that clearly isn't great because of points costs (Thunderwolves ho!). That's fine for most games I play but occasionally I do like to actually win.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts
Is there a little bit of a lack of synergy that most of the point of Vanguard is they can deploy up close turn one but Reivers cant insert until turn 2?

Nusquam

Nusquam

++ OBSCURITAS IMMISERICORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,923 posts
  • Faction: XIX, Raptors
Reivers seem to want to drop in with the LT to intercept something. In the lore they have been doing the Infiltrators job because infiltrators didn't actually exist yet for authors to write about. Now I imagine Reivers as a QRF to drop in where needed later on.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,905 posts

Reivers seem to want to drop in with the LT to intercept something. In the lore they have been doing the Infiltrators job because infiltrators didn't actually exist yet for authors to write about. Now I imagine Reivers as a QRF to drop in where needed later on.

Do the rievers get the knife fighter rules? Or us that the lt only?
banana

Nusquam

Nusquam

++ OBSCURITAS IMMISERICORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,923 posts
  • Faction: XIX, Raptors
I've only heard they get "PHOBOS". I anticipate an updated FAQ to give them the keyword so that update exists for those that didn't get shadow spear; maybe then they'll get the rule. Would make sense and if love it. I wonder if people have been asking GW that too to get them thinking
  • Triszin likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,529 posts

So do we have an educated idea of when points for some of these units will be coming down? The next Chapter approved? I really like the units but for some of these it'll be yet another unit I take that clearly isn't great because of points costs (Thunderwolves ho!). That's fine for most games I play but occasionally I do like to actually win.

Precedent shows that the next Chapter Approved will be the place we can expect changes - that was the first place Intercessors dropped in points. However, the precedent is admittedly a small sample size. Furthermore, it took 18 months for Intercessors to land at 17 points.

It's possible we see it in the next big FAQ...but I would not hold your breath on that.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,905 posts

question:

do the space wolves get the  "helix adapt" option for the infiltrators?

we have wolf priests (chaplain merged with apothecary), and since the helix adapt is a apothecary, can we take it?

banana

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,581 posts

Precedent shows that the next Chapter Approved will be the place we can expect changes - that was the first place Intercessors dropped in points. However, the precedent is admittedly a small sample size. Furthermore, it took 18 months for Intercessors to land at 17 points.
It's possible we see it in the next big FAQ...but I would not hold your breath on that.
Forgebane had an FAQ with new points lists almost immediately. So, we could see changes really at any point.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

question:

do the space wolves get the  "helix adapt" option for the infiltrators?

we have wolf priests (chaplain merged with apothecary), and since the helix adapt is a apothecary, can we take it?

It's not really an apothecary though. Maybe an apothecary in training at best so you can just flavour it as wolf priest in training lacking the chaplain qualities yet.

• Triszin likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

The next big FAQ is scheduled this march, so I wouldn't hold my breath for adjustments right out of the gate... BUT. We know that main releases are worked out years before, finalised months before release, so it can be, that the points are already outdated (again, Dark Imperium point costs vs codex point costs)- We have to see.

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,529 posts

Forgebane had an FAQ with new points lists almost immediately. So, we could see changes really at any point.
That was not quite the same situation. It's actually a good sign that we'll be waiting a long while.

It was about a month between Forgebane launch in late March and an FAQ released specifically for it in later April, but what people are so quick to forget is that this was entirely to link up with the points values printed in CA17...released months earlier.

I'd like to think they can fix this quick, but they haven't shown the ability to do that whatsoever.

Edited by Lemondish, 11 March 2019 - 12:34 PM.

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

The next big FAQ is scheduled this march, so I wouldn't hold my breath for adjustments right out of the gate... BUT. We know that main releases are worked out years before, finalised months before release, so it can be, that the points are already outdated (again, Dark Imperium point costs vs codex point costs)- We have to see.

Pretty sure the Big FAQ 3 is just a "Spring FAQ" after last years whole debacle. If I remember correctly GWs testing team faced Flyrant spam at Adepticon and realised that their FAQ did nothing to prevent that and ended up delaying it into April. I sort of assume that April is their target this year, again mostly because of Adepticon. 

Still, I think your point stands, Shadowspear probably won't be adjusted in this upcoming Big FAQ. At least don't count on it

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

That was not quite the same situation. It's actually a good sign that we'll be waiting a long while.

It was about a month between Forgebane launch in late March and an FAQ released specifically for it in later April, but what people are so quick to forget is that this was entirely to link up with the points values printed in CA17...released months earlier.

I'd like to think they can fix this quick, but they haven't shown the ability to do that whatsoever.

So...it actually IS the same situation as we have March again and there was a CA18 released just a few months ago. ;)

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

question:

do the space wolves get the "helix adapt" option for the infiltrators?

It's not really an apothecary though. Maybe an apothecary in training at best so you can just flavour it as wolf priest in training lacking the chaplain qualities yet.

Yea I’ll be ditching the mini narthecium in favor of some healing balms and vapor rub for sure. Didn’t you hear? All you need is essential oils brothers.
  • ixzion likes this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,905 posts

question:

do the space wolves get the "helix adapt" option for the infiltrators?

Yea I’ll be ditching the mini narthecium in favor of some healing balms and vapor rub for sure. Didn’t you hear? All you need is essential oils brothers.

I just view wolves as comboing the apothecarium stuff with fenris mead.

Drink this!

banana

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

I just view wolves as comboing the apothecarium stuff with fenris mead.

Drink this!

Art imitates life i suppose!

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

Now where to get power armoured hands holding tankards of beer...

MadGreek

MadGreek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts
  • Faction: KHALKOTAUROI (Bronze Bulls)

https://www.shapeway...tionId=65090660

• Majkhel likes this
12 Months Of Hobby Jan

Master Sergeant, USMC Retired

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,800 posts

Cut the top off a melta bomb then glue the handle part onto the side instead :)
  • Exilyth likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users