Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Shadowspear Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1490 replies to this topic

Iron-Daemon Forge

Iron-Daemon Forge

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,174 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

The first reveal....

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-ShadowspearArt32yv

New Primaris Lieutenant with bionic eye, sash and beard confirmed. tongue.png

All I am seeing is the glory of chaos right here... biggrin.png

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-ChaosReveal16jvfah

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-ShadowspearCSM25ib

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Oblit28hvhwhgvjsd.

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Venomcrawler11hjb-

Edited by Brother Casman, 08 February 2019 - 06:43 PM.
Adding pictures from the Community post

• Honda, Marshal Loss, totgeboren and 1 other like this

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page
Iron-Daemon Forge Instagram

gallery_48988_15465_7633.pnggallery_48988_15465_13373.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.pnggallery_48988_15808_16184.png

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 1090
White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.
Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

Happycamper

Happycamper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
New Abbadon, CSM marines, spider tank, obliterators

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

New Abbadon, CSM marines, spider tank, obliterators

Confirmed?

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,607 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

BUYING TWO COPIES

ONE FOR ME AND ONE FOR ME

• The Blood Raven, Jarl Kjaran Coldheart, Honda and 15 others like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,795 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

o64RUBY.jpg

The new CSM are so good. Going to be an absolute joy to paint.

Where’s abaddon

Wasn't shown directly, there is a trailer at the bottom of the WHC article that teases and shows Drach'nyen and his Talon etc

Edited by Marshal Loss, 08 February 2019 - 03:41 AM.

• Bryan Blaire, Harleqvin and Doctor Perils like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Gongsun Zan

Gongsun Zan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

Does anyone know if the new models are multi-part or monopose? The preview pics makes it seem like they're going to be giving us awkwardly sized units. 

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,795 posts

Does anyone know if the new models are multi-part or monopose? The preview pics makes it seem like they're going to be giving us awkwardly sized units. 

It's just a teaser. There are more models shown (albeit poorly) in the video. Example: see the marine I posted above, who wasn't one of the three teased. It's a full multi-part kit.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 08 February 2019 - 03:44 AM.

rCsoqE7.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I don't know what that spider thing is but by Nurgle I need it. And holy crap, is that an Obliterator?!

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,795 posts

iuFwWnF.png

Another one of the Obliterators for those unable to view the trailer

• Prot, SickSix, Doctor Perils and 2 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts

Another one of the Obliterators for those unable to view the trailer

Wow the ammo for the minigun is amazing.
  • shandwen likes this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,532 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

It's just a teaser. There are more models shown (albeit poorly) in the video. Example: see the marine I posted above, who wasn't one of the three teased. It's a full multi-part kit.

I'm sure they're multi part but as I learned to my disappointment with deathguard, that can still mean mono pose. I really hope there's enough variance in kit building so that "model C" can only get a different head and shoulder pads in repeated builds.

• Guzzlrr likes this

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,048 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
They look amazing
You reckon it’s too much to hope/ pray for there also being a new Defiler kit pretty soon as well with updated rules that make them far better likewise with possessed???
  • Dragon24 likes this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,795 posts

They look amazing
You reckon it’s too much to hope/ pray for there also being a new Defiler kit pretty soon as well with updated rules that make them far better likewise with possessed???

I think possessed are definitely happening (see the art a few pages back, matches up with rumour engine).

Defiler though? I doubt it. GW very rarely replaces big plastic kits like that.

rCsoqE7.png

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts

I'm sure they're multi part but as I learned to my disappointment with deathguard, that can still mean mono pose. I really hope there's enough variance in kit building so that "model C" can only get a different head and shoulder pads in repeated builds.

I might have some bad news for you on that score. Everything hanging from their waist looks to me to be moulded into the legs rather than separate accessories, which points to mono-pose...

Edited by kombatwombat, 08 February 2019 - 03:58 AM.

• Guzzlrr likes this

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
Wow. The first Primaris models to really get my attention and holy hell all the chaos goodness!

Majorbookworm

Majorbookworm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warrirors

A true Chaos update!

Itshappening,gif

As excited as I am, I think I may have picked a bad point to try and jump into actually playing. I'll be kinda ticked off if I've got to buy a fresh codex only a month later lol.

Sisters looking dope as well, definitely going to have to pick that army up when it finally drops.

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
That music is cool, sounds like it belonged on the awesome Mechanicus OST, anyone know where it’s from?

The spider thing is dark mech done right! It needs a 30k non-daemonic version STAT! Imagining it next to some Negavolt Cultists has me thinking GW would be crazy not to build up Dark Mech as a sub-faction till they have a full faction ASAP.

Loyalist as I am I think I may need one to go with my converted Heretek and Negavoltists to use in narrative gaming.

The Obliterators though... maybe it’s the painting but the flesh areas look to clean, not warped enough.
  • Magos Takatus and Slan Drakkos like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,527 posts

I might have some bad news for you on that score. Everything hanging from their waste looks to me to be moulded into the legs rather than separate accessories, which points to mono-pose...

Perhaps the plan is similar to DI Intercessors - bunch of great looking mono-pose followed by a multi-part kit?
  • m0nolith likes this

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,129 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

Heh... heeheh... heheheheheh... hahaha... ha.. haha... ah HA HA AH HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAH AHAHAH!

*Subtle rolls out of his chair and continues to laugh uncontrollably*

• Prot, Cpt_Reaper, Brother Lunkhead and 9 others like this

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
ztXgauq.png
MlwLia9.png

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,580 posts
I'm buying that box. Looks like my Thousand Sons are getting allies!

These sculpts are truly magnificent. I wonder if these bigger obliterators will still be units of 3 or go solo like a dreadnought.
  • Prot likes this

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,307 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

The oblit looks to be based loosely off of Centurions. So I Imagine a unit of 3.

• Son of Carnelian likes this

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,252 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

I literally ran from my car to my computer desk! Love it all! More Dark Mech support, thank you very much!

• Montford and Battybattybats like this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts

Perhaps the plan is similar to DI Intercessors - bunch of great looking mono-pose followed by a multi-part kit?

Multi-part vs Easy to Build snap-fit isn’t what we mean. We’re talking about how the full multi-part Intercessor and Plague Marine kits are still monopose - that is, that Torso A only fits Legs A, so I can only ever have 10 sculpts repeated with heads and shoulder pads mixed up. What we want is a true multi-pose kit where Torso A fits Legs A, B, C, D or E so you can make multiple squads that actually look different. Unfortunately, to me it looks like that won’t be the case...
  • mithrilforge, Son of Carnelian, Brother Handro and 1 other like this

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,234 posts
I'm salivating over all of this. Gotta catch'em all. Looks like I did right buying Obsidius Mallex from bits and kits. Is it wrong that I see these primaries scouts and think to myself that I'd like to use the sergeants binoculars for a predator tank commander conversion. I'm probably in the minority that likes old and nu marines in equal measure, not preferring one over the other, although classic marines in the scale and sizing of the new BL stuff is my wet dream.
  • Pork Chop Express likes this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 752 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies

They say the new box set will be in the vein of Forgebane/Tooth and Claw so they will be full kits like the previous box sets.

And the WC article says that there are more models in the box set than revealed so far. And everything is a new sculpt!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)