Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Shadowspear Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1490 replies to this topic

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,870 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

The oblit looks to be based loosely off of Centurions. So I Imagine a unit of 3.

Definitely Centurion sized and based concept.

I love that they kept a lot of the waist and leg details (as well as helms) of the Chosen from Dark Vengeance and repurposed them on the new Chaos Marines, will keep a coherent appearance. They really look fantastic!
  • Lexington likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

I think the Primaris Libby looks great, as do the CSM, but... The Obliterator looks sort of like something out of He-Man to me.

iuFwWnF.png

• The Blood Raven, ranman8, Toxichobbit and 3 others like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 635 posts

I think the Primaris Libby looks great, as do the CSM, but... The Obliterator looks sort of like something out of He-Man to me.

iuFwWnF.png

And you don't find that awesome...?!
  • coldfyre, Master Commander Ajax, Pork Chop Express and 3 others like this

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Oh man, looks like I'm going to be going traitor again! I'll likely be picking up 2 of these Shadowspear boxes!
  • coldfyre likes this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Majorbookworm

Majorbookworm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warrirors

Paint job on the Oblits doesn't really do it any favours IMO. Still, head and shoulders above the current version.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,607 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

It's just the color of the flesh. Throw some daemon red on there, you'll see the change. 

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

iuFwWnF.png

And you don't find that awesome...?!

Honestly, not really. 
I'm nostalgic which is cool and all, but at the same time I'm reminded of the He-Man goofyness.

• ranman8 and D3L like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,679 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
You mean leadbelcher ;). Liquid metal skin of course.
  • Marshal Loss, Battybattybats, Majorbookworm and 1 other like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,431 posts

The oblit looks to be based loosely off of Centurions. So I Imagine a unit of 3.

Definitely Centurion sized and based concept.

I love that they kept a lot of the waist and leg details (as well as helms) of the Chosen from Dark Vengeance and repurposed them on the new Chaos Marines, will keep a coherent appearance. They really look fantastic!

I love how these new Oblits are basically GW's way of saying "Hey, all you people who made Obliterators and Mutilators out of Centurions and Helbrutes? You were right."

Because the Obliterators SERIOUSLY look like a combination of Centurions and Helbrutes.

• Prot and TheHaplessHeretic like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,679 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Is it just me or does the artwork look like there’s an Intercessor with a handheld mini Onslaught gun?

Those Oblits just completely blew me away but I think it’s just the ‘common’ chaos space marine that has me grinning ear to ear. So well done and they will look amazing as Black Legion, or Crimsoned Slaughter, or Iron Warriors, or....

That’s a sad thought. Each legion should be visually distinct after ten thousand years of development in the eye.
  • ranman8 likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,029 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

The Oblit will be improved with a different scheme for the flesh I think. 

CSM look good, new Primaris look good and...

...the Primaris Lieutenant is now a recognised in-joke to promote the Warmaster (Jr.) - Awesome. thumbsup.gif

-Ran

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,533 posts

Is it just me or does the artwork look like there’s an Intercessor with a handheld mini Onslaught gun?
Those Oblits just completely blew me away but I think it’s just the ‘common’ chaos space marine that has me grinning ear to ear. So well done and they will look amazing as Black Legion, or Crimsoned Slaughter, or Iron Warriors, or....

That’s a sad thought. Each legion should be visually distinct after ten thousand years of development in the eye.

It’s meant as a compliment to the sculpt. We all have the ability to specialize our looks. Let’s not get greedy. This has been a very long time coming. One step at a time.
  • mithrilforge, fire golem, Toxichobbit and 2 others like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,829 posts
  • Faction: Khorne
Yikes...time to buy in if those are multipose.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheHaplessHeretic

TheHaplessHeretic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 122 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Alpha Legion and Black Legion boxset :D

• adreal, Cpt_Reaper, Xenith and 3 others like this

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

Oh censored.gif that Abby looks awesome!!!

I find it strange that the "Weapons" we see on the Oblits are really identifiable, like Heavy Bolter, Heavy Plasmacannon, Bolters...

It would fit with the old 7th ed rules, but with the new rules and their bullcrap random stats, they could have gone the "Generic looking cannontube" of all sizes and shapes...

A rework of the Oblits rules to be able to choose with what weapon they shoot like in the good old days?

Now while not been 40k strictly, that new Skulltaker model looks terrific!

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Skulltaker3td.jpg

Still sad that there's no more any options to have him on a Jugger or Throne but hey...

And since we're on the AoS topic; those also looks nice.LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-KhorneJudgements4y

Khorne's Judgements, Khornate version of the everliving spells.

Specially good for additional bits for conversions and objectives...

But would also be interesting to have the same kind of mechanic for 40k...

I've been dreaming of a Khorne Skull Priest that uses a mecanic similar to the Ol' Deamonkin's Blood Tith...

Edited by Slayer le Boucher, 08 February 2019 - 04:45 AM.

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts
The Chaos Dunecrawler is pretty darn cool
  • CommodusXIII likes this

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,301 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
Very cool new releases. I've wanted chaos to stop being just spiky loyalists for a long while and it looks like they're finally doing that.
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

Lord Commander Eidolon

Lord Commander Eidolon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 910 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children Legion
I must say I'm pretty happy that the Chaos marines aren't covered in those fleshy cables! The Blackstone Fortress guy was wrecked by OTT cabling!
"Only by Imperfection can we fail...''
Fulgrim, the Phoenician, the Illuminator, the Prefector of Chemos

My Blogs: 

sml_gallery_162_12011_407905.pngtn_gallery_162_12011_4334.jpegtn_gallery_162_12011_452.jpeg Instagram: @pursuitOfperfection

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,058 posts

Looks like another Rumour Engine bit has also been revealed, this one from November 2018:

Nov13-RumourEngine6vehsbheh.jpg

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Oblit28hvhwhgvjsd.

• Magos Takatus, mithrilforge, Drudge Dreadnought and 3 others like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,342 posts

The obliterator looks like a helbrute legs and arms with a split and extended terminator torso and a bunch of guns glued to it.

No, the legs are unmistakenly corrupted centurion legs

Where is Sete? so we can complain that there isn't any melee Primaris still. I love all the new models but please GW give us some melee Primaris with proper power/frost weapon and shields....

I can complain in his stead if you like. The only sword I see is something he and I can't take. (witches, bleh)

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

The obliterator looks like a helbrute legs and arms with a split and extended terminator torso and a bunch of guns glued to it.

No, the legs are unmistakenly corrupted centurion legs

Where is Sete? so we can complain that there isn't any melee Primaris still. I love all the new models but please GW give us some melee Primaris with proper power/frost weapon and shields....

I can complain in his stead if you like. The only sword I see is something he and I can't take. (witches, bleh)

Death to warpcraft monstrosities!
  • Reinhard likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,431 posts

So do we think this is just a new Oblit model, or a whole new unit?

Warhammer Community Article shows one, trailer shows another. That means at least two, so likely it's still a unit of three.... Especially since Obliterators can ONLY be in squads of three :lol:

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
I like Skulltaker. I liked his previous model too, not a daemon player but still.

My thought behind it is you snipe until you can't, then you crack out your dual rangers and give them The Business like it's MW2 before the nerfs. It would give them an assault weapon to counter the heavy sniper, which hopefully is like heavy 2 or rapid 2 36" because Cawl pattern sniper rifle.

Edited by Trevak Dal, 08 February 2019 - 06:02 AM.

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,203 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

iuFwWnF.png

So you think it's awesome then? ;)
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

iuFwWnF.png

So you think it's awesome then? msn-wink.gif

Read the post literally right after my orginal post.
To quote what you said to me a few days ago in the HH Weekender thread:

You should read the other posts before posting my friend. msn-wink.gif

• ranman8 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users