Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Shadowspear Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1490 replies to this topic

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Does someone knows the size and number of base for the CSM part of Shadowspear ? 

(For me to order my resin base in advance). 

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,183 posts

Does someone knows the size and number of base for the CSM part of Shadowspear ? 

(For me to order my resin base in advance). 

Looked to me like: 

Marines x10 - 32mm
Greater possessed x2 - 40mm

Obliterators x2 - fairly certain 50mm. 

Master of Possession might be a 40mm (fairly certain), his base is far bigger then a 32, but I doubt a 50. 

Venomcrawler I am not sure of its if a circular or an oblong. 100mm or 80mm around I am not certain. 

• DreamIsCollapsing likes this

LegionOfMars

LegionOfMars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
Venom crawler has been confirmed to be 100, characters are always on 40s. The rest is right
  • DreamIsCollapsing likes this

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts

Thanks you !

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,342 posts

To the best of my knowledge daemons don't exclusively bind to living hosts. There are countless examples of them inhabiting wargear and otherwise lifeless engines of war. A daemon animating a shell of armour to interact with realspace dosen't seem like that much of a stretch.

but it's not just an armor. It's essentially an already possessed suit of armor (even if that's not the literal term used). It's already sorcerous in nature, there's a user of sorts. a disembodied user controlling the suit of armour pretty much exactly as you describe it. Possessing it again makes no real sense from a lore perspective. 

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,580 posts

To the best of my knowledge daemons don't exclusively bind to living hosts. There are countless examples of them inhabiting wargear and otherwise lifeless engines of war. A daemon animating a shell of armour to interact with realspace dosen't seem like that much of a stretch.

but it's not just an armor. It's essentially an already possessed suit of armor (even if that's not the literal term used). It's already sorcerous in nature, there's a user of sorts. a disembodied user controlling the suit of armour pretty much exactly as you describe it. Possessing it again makes no real sense from a lore perspective.
A living body already has a user also. Possession is about a daemonic entity overriding that. It makes the same sense in either situation.
  • Petitioner's City likes this

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,283 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

To the best of my knowledge daemons don't exclusively bind to living hosts. There are countless examples of them inhabiting wargear and otherwise lifeless engines of war. A daemon animating a shell of armour to interact with realspace dosen't seem like that much of a stretch.

You have to think more twisted!

The Daemons promise the Rubricae a new chance - the possibility of having a corporeal body again.
...but it's the daemons' bodies that will fill the armors, with the Rubticae's souls merged with the daemon entirely.
Properly gruesome and tragic.
  • Tordeck and Doctor Perils like this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,938 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
That sounds pretty good Tyriks!
The question now is how to cram a blue or pink horror into a rubrikae...

Also, I am thinking of a version of "sassy nurgling" except with a brimstone horror - and his mate poping out of the neck joint of a rubrikae's armour
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,756 posts
You have to remember - rubricae don't have wills generally. This is visible is all literary depictions of them, like French's Ahriman books or ADB's Black Legion books. The rubricae are passive, without desires or identities even, subject to whatever sorcerer instructs them. When one does something that isn't like a rubricae, like express a semblance of its old identity, it is a unique startling moment for Khayon. But otherwise they are without identity, will or a being to bargain with.

However for this discussion, the Rubric stopped the fleshchange, so it stopped the daemonic manipulation and disruption of each marine's body. And it changed their armour. So maybe the Rubric makes it impossible to imbue new daemons onto the old armour of rubricae?
  • Shinespider and Sonoftherubric21 like this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Venom crawler has been confirmed to be 100, characters are always on 40s. The rest is right

Not always. The Lord of Contagion from DI for example sits on a 50mm base.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,429 posts

Not always. The Lord of Contagion from DI for example sits on a 50mm base.

Marine characters in regular power armour are on 40mm bases. The Lord of Contagion is in terminator armour.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,887 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Marine characters in regular power armour are on 40mm bases. The Lord of Contagion is in terminator armour.

Malefic Plaguecaster (Power Armour) is on a 32mm and Lord Felthius (Terminator Armour) is in a 40mm. There isn't a solid rule on this.

• fire golem and Panzer like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,593 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Malefic Plaguecaster (Power Armour) is on a 32mm and Lord Felthius (Terminator Armour) is in a 40mm. There isn't a solid rule on this.

Lord Felthius fits on a 40mm while the Dark Imperium version of The Lord of Contagion doesn't really. Its mostly that simple with character models just tending to be a bit bigger anyway and then the odd character bumped up a size for consistency with the other ones.

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts

Damn, well i guess i'll have to wait the end of the week for the true base size. 

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

Looked to me like: 

Marines x10 - 32mm
Greater possessed x2 - 40mm

Obliterators x2 - fairly certain 50mm. 

Master of Possession might be a 40mm (fairly certain), his base is far bigger then a 32, but I doubt a 50. 

Venomcrawler I am not sure of its if a circular or an oblong. 100mm or 80mm around I am not certain. 

I can confirm: 32mm x10 for the CSM, 40mm x3 for the Master of Possession and Possessed, 50mm x2 for the Obliterators, and one round 100mm for the Venomcrawler.

Edited by DeadFingers, 12 March 2019 - 08:09 PM.

• Magpie Knight likes this

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,098 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion

=][= As Shadowspear releases today, this thread is locked in accordance with policy. Please take all discussion to the relevant subforums =][=

gallery_69371_15034_693.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)