Working on making my Cadians more thematic.

HallofStovokor

For a while I have been playing with my Cadians without much of a theme to my army. I decided to make adjustments to my army's paint scheme to fit better. I will no longer field Kell as he's dead. I will field Creed with a necron lord's head based by his feet, but my regiment will be the reinstated 8th Cadian regiment. To make it fit with post fall of cadia lore, the regimental standard will be the Phoenix. All of my vehicles will have mismatched paint schemes and gun barrels will have vengeance for cadia or cadia stands written in white or them.

Any thoughts about how to make it more thematic?

Have them floating in the void amongst debris? :wink:

Veteran squads, lots of gear on the troopers, scarred faces, bionics - anything to make them look like they've been to hell and back.

-Ran

Have them floating in the void amongst debris? :wink:

Veteran squads, lots of gear on the troopers, scarred faces, bionics - anything to make them look like they've been to hell and back.

-Ran

Too soon! Cadia still stands :cry:

Agreed on the veteran aspects. I'd also mix in different skin tones, as if they've been recruiting from different worlds. Everything from really pale to really dark skin. If you do any Conscripts, then I'd really go to town on different skin tones there. They may be Cadian by adoption but they might not be Cadian by blood.

Maybe include some other regiment models to represent recruiting from different worlds.

It's an option, but personally I'm not a fan. I feel that if a Cadian regiment was recruiting from different worlds they'd still be equipping the same gear, more or less. If I wanted variety in gear I think I'd look at just mixing in some alternate parts. Maybe arms or legs from Victoria Miniatures or Anvil Industry to show tunic and trouser variations, different knives/bayonets from other Guard kits or 3rd party sellers, lasgun variants from Catachans, Necromunda and 3rd party sellers. You could carry this over with the painting too, giving troopers from different worlds an extra insignia to represent their home planet.

That said, it's your army so do whatever makes you happy. There's no right or wrong way to do this :)

I'll add my obligatory 'necromunda' models comment...

Have you thought of some female heads? 

Also forgeworkd do a range of hostile environment kits/upgrade packs to break up the look of your troops

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Cadian-Infantry-Squad-with-Respirators-Upgrade-Pack

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Cadian-Hostile-Environment-Command-Squad

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Cadian-Hostile-Environment-Troops-Plasma-Squad

Archived