Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Abaddon model

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Vorenus

Vorenus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts
In case anyone has not seen this yet:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

"I was told there would be cake.  The cake is a lie."  --Sten, DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS

"More corpses."  --Avitus, DAWN OF WAR II

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,897 posts

Why do they call him a new primaris lieutenant?

Frostglaive

Frostglaive

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 332 posts
GW has become self-aware

When life tries to knock you down, fight back and fight dirty. Aim for the throat and kick it while it's down.

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,034 posts

Why do they call him a new primaris lieutenant?

They're talking about the dead Primaris Lieutenant on his base, referring to the meme of there being too many Primaris Lieutenant models available.

Only a few more weeks until the full reveal! I'm excited :)

• Tipsy Techpriest likes this

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Compare the dude if his foot to the Lieutenant, which is closer to the camera so should appear larger. He looks like he's going to be absolutely massive!
  • Tipsy Techpriest likes this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,672 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Compare the dude if his foot to the Lieutenant, which is closer to the camera so should appear larger. He looks like he's going to be absolutely massive!

Yep! FANTASTIC!!!
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 597 posts

I'd expect the new model to be on par in size with the primaris calgar.

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,593 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

i'd say bigger, since Calgar model is in power armor, Abby's only wear Termi armor.

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,585 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

So Chaos is getting a lot of stuff... Good timing too. whistlingW.gif

I have high expectations of Abaddon - what we've seen so far seems spot on! I believe the face will be making or breaking the mini... Probably the release I look forward to the most! 

• Forté, Akylas and Dragonlover like this

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
I'm not a Black Legion player, but I'm looking forward to seeing Abby's new sculpt - really hope they do him justice, as I'm not a massive fan of the recent Mortarion and Typhus.

I'm just glad anyway that Chaos are getting some love from GW again - a decent Codex would also be good, thanks..!
  • Captain Semper likes this
My new Kill Team project - http://www.bolterand...dothese-sector/ (Updated 26/03/19: Marines Malevolent painting in progress)

My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

i'd say bigger, since Calgar model is in power armor, Abby's only wear Termi armor.

1. Terminator armour isn't supposed to make Marines bigger, just bulkier.

2. Calgar is wearing Gravis armour, not just regular power armour.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,689 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
I dunno, I think it depends on the description. In some books they'll talk about terminators being almost a meter taller than power armored astartes. In the night lords trilogy, most recently.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

That never really made sense though unless Terminators have seriously thick boots. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,356 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers

Even I can guess what that means 😂😂

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,154 posts

Even I can guess what that means

Possibly ETL? laugh.png

In regards to new Abaddon: I'm excited. Hopefully he looks properly badass and intimidating. And if he does, maybe I'll use him as the basis for a Chaos Lord of mine.

Edited by Gederas, 09 February 2019 - 03:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users