Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Nurgle Daemonkin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Arufel87

Arufel87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
This list is for ITC. Any suggestions welcome! The idea is to hold one unit of plaguebearers in reserve. On turn 2 my opponent should have a lot to deal with in his backline. The rest of the list holds down objectives.

Death Guard Outrider

Nurgle Daemon Prince, Talons, Wings, Suppurating Plate, Arch Contaminator

3 Foetid Bloat Drones

Deredeo Dreadnought, Butcher Cannons, Missile Launcher

Nurgle Daemon Battalion

Spoilpox Scrivener

Poxbringer

27 Plaguebearers, Icon, Instrument

27 Plaguebearers, Icon, Instrument

3 Nurgling Bases

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts

This looks pretty tanky.  Is there any way to dig out enough points to make the DG a battalion?  I would worry about CPs with this list.

You dont appear vulnerable to secondaries at all.   It looks like you would only give up Old School if someone went after your nurglings on turn 1 or maybe Marked for Death?

What is your game plan on secondaries?

Eldar with jinx might really mess you up though.  Plaguabearers dont do so well with only a 6+ invuln save.

Arufel87

Arufel87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I tried the list and unfortunately it got annihilated by an Imperial Soup list featuring deathwatch, guardsmen and a knight. The drones died very easily and I didn't have enough staying power as the deathwatch units are lethal deep striking with storm bolters rerolling hits and wounds. The new list looks like this.

Alpha Legion Spearhead

Daemon Prince of Khorne, Wings, Skullreaver, Warp Bolter

Chaos Sorceror of Nurgle, Jump Pack, Force Sword

Hellforged Quad Heavy Bolter Rapier Battery

3 Obliterators, Mark of Slaanesh

Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought, Dual Malignatas Saker, Missiles, Heavy Bolters
Mark of Nurgle

Nurgle Daemon Battalion

Spoilpox Scrivener
Poxbringer
Sloppity Bilepiper
28 Plaguebearers, Banner, Icon
3 Nurglings

The plan is to warp time the daemon prince with skullreaver into any nasty tanks or imperial knights. The plaguebearers grab objectives and the deredeo and obliterators act as clean up. It doesn't give up much secondaries apart from headhunter.

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts

I tried the list and unfortunately it got annihilated by an Imperial Soup list featuring deathwatch, guardsmen and a knight. The drones died very easily and I didn't have enough staying power as the deathwatch units are lethal deep striking with storm bolters rerolling hits and wounds. The new list looks like this.

Alpha Legion Spearhead

Daemon Prince of Khorne, Wings, Skullreaver, Warp Bolter

Chaos Sorceror of Nurgle, Jump Pack, Force Sword

Hellforged Quad Heavy Bolter Rapier Battery

3 Obliterators, Mark of Slaanesh

Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought, Dual Malignatas Saker, Missiles, Heavy Bolters
Mark of Nurgle

Nurgle Daemon Battalion

Spoilpox Scrivener
Poxbringer
Sloppity Bilepiper
3 Nurglings

The plan is to warp time the daemon prince with skullreaver into any nasty tanks or imperial knights. The plaguebearers grab objectives and the deredeo and obliterators act as clean up. It doesn't give up much secondaries apart from headhunter.

You cannot take Skullreaver with a heretic astardes daemon prince.  He has to be from the daemons codex which means you cannot warptime him since he would not have the heretic astardes keyword.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users