Question on pile in

Hear da Lamentation

Our 6" pile in looks great on paper but I'm struggling a little with it. If your enemy charges a unit and you have a character within 6", if you pile in doesn't that just allow your opponent to attack the character first and ignore the original unit he charged? Seems like a sacrifice of your character - choosing to let your character get beaten on before you can attack.

Or is the enemy unit stuck having to fight the original unit they charged because they "declared" against that unit?

HDL

FPS - I don’t follow the flamer point. They will already have charged so you won’t get overwatch will you?

Pistols .... would you get to shoot during the Intervention?

Finally, the free movement. Basically you get a 6” move as long as you end up closer to the enemy that before ... do people use this for repositioning?

HDL

I think FPS is saying that the Combi-Flamer makes it an awkward decision for the opponent. Do they:

• not charge the WGBL, to avoid the Combi-Flamer overwatch, but then let him HI into them, or
  • charge the WGBL to avoid the HI, but get overwatched with the Combi-Flamer?

It seems alright, although personally I don't find Combi-Flamers to be exactly scary, even in overwatch.

I think FPS is saying that the Combi-Flamer makes it an awkward decision for the opponent. Do they:

• not charge the WGBL, to avoid the Combi-Flamer overwatch, but then let him HI into them, or
  • charge the WGBL to avoid the HI, but get overwatched with the Combi-Flamer?
It seems alright, although personally I don't find Combi-Flamers to be exactly scary, even in overwatch.

Yep that’s it, the OW peice is only one part of that build too tbf, I’m not advocating that as the end all be all build.

I didn't realise you can HI:

1. If you're not moving into combat

2. If noone has charged a unit near you.

So, is this HI during the opponents charge phase properly legit or just RAW? 6" could mean snagging an objective, guaranteeing a next turn charge, and I am sure that in my games if I rolled that out it would start a serious break for protest discussions (probably good natured, but still, y'know). So, how grey area, or not, is this? Forgive my ignorance.

Yes, but you must end your HI move closer to the nearest enemy model. You can be 0.01" closer, but you couldn't move further away from whichever model is closest.

It's still super useful for slingshotting a character forward past that unit.

Archived