What new Classic Marine units would you like to see?

Captain Idaho

What new units for Classic Marines would you like to see?  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasn't very certain of what breachers and destroyers are...  But after reading the thread, I guess Breachers might be okay.   But if they are to be used for ship to ship fighting/boarding actions.   Then it wouldn't make much sense to see them on an open battlefield.  OTOH, they would go very well if GW were to release some combat scenarios for Ship to ship fighting.  Or an expansion to 40K that is similar to Urban Conquest box-set.

Really liking the idea of non chapter specific honor guard unit that is in plastic similar to the quality found in Primaris Marneus Calgar's body guards

As for others: I would also like to see kits released for the following

Characters on Bikes - Librarian, Captain, Lieutenant, Techmarine, Chaplain (There used to be a hybrid version of metal chaplain + plastic bike)

Command Squad Units in Bike form or Terminator form - Mainly Ancients, Apocthecary, Champion

Breachers aren't limited just to ship to ship fighting though. In the Heresy they fought urban warfare and any location where the fighting is going to be close and fierce.

Also, certain Legions used Breachers more readily on the battle lines. The Ultramarines certainly did and used them enmass against assaulting forces.

Since there are Orks and Tyranids assaulting the Imperium quite readily and more besides, it's quite likely a phalanx of Breachers could be employed.

1. Breachers: ( With repulsor sheilds, reduce incoming charge distance , +1 T to the bearer)

- strat if 5+ breachers are base to base, give a Mortal wound on a charge roll of 6.

2. Destroyers: ( YES. But Give them Volkite or Helfrost (open helfrost up to other chapters, improve its rules.) ( volkite is anti heavy infantry, helfrost could become anti monster/vehicle)

3. Terminators: ( merge indomitus and the ancient rogue trader designs) They need to be fearsome nigh unstoppable machines of death

4. dont care much for honor gaurds. Just give "body gaurd rules and limited options"

If there is one thing I want gw to revisit is the honour guard. It could easily be a duel kit to make an old school command squad or honour guard.

With all the trimmings of weapons from both squads.

some swooshy capes; invictarii helmets; just enough bling to make sanguinary guard take notice.

A kit with the quality of the 2013/14 tac; assault; dev kits but with the versitily on the sterguard / vanguard kits.

That is something I would pay for on top of remade classic characters in plastic (Rubicon or not)

Edited by jonjacob

Literally anything. I don't believe for a second that GW will have a non-primaris release in the foreseeable future (although I'd love to be proven wrong). Of course classic marines will still be supported by rules, but so are Bretonnia and Free People. The only old models I can see transferring over are vehicles, because maybe Primaris will get to ride in them eventually.

Literally anything. I don't believe for a second that GW will have a non-primaris release in the foreseeable future (although I'd love to be proven wrong). Of course classic marines will still be supported by rules, but so are Bretonnia and Free People. The only old models I can see transferring over are vehicles, because maybe Primaris will get to ride in them eventually.

Space Marine Heroes Series 3 is coming, rejoice!

If there is one thing I want gw to revisit is the honour guard. It could easily be a duel kit to make an old school command squad or honour guard.

With all the trimmings of weapons from both squads.

some swooshy capes; invictarii helmets; just enough bling to make sanguinary guard take notice.

A kit with the quality of the 2013/14 tac; assault; dev kits but with the versitily on the sterguard / vanguard kits.

That is something I would pay for on top of remade classic characters in plastic (Rubicon or not)

Oh for definite! I used to love my Honour Guard! Sad face.

I'd like to see an updated data slate for them so they can be a more effective unit as well.

I want to like the Beachers , but they just scream Cops in Space to me. A physical shield is a pretty bulky and generally heavy piece of equipment that has little practical use, except in urban scenarios and the ones I’ve seen look more like blankets than shields. Shields like horses are best used for civilian law enforcement and crowd control, not really digging it for guys already covered in lower armor.

If there was a rule that could upgrade one for a particular purpose I’d be down with that. Otherwise regular Marines already have units with Storm Shields so it seems a tad redundant.

I want to like the Beachers , but they just scream Cops in Space to me. A physical shield is a pretty bulky and generally heavy piece of equipment that has little practical use, except in urban scenarios and the ones I’ve seen look more like blankets than shields. Shields like horses are best used for civilian law enforcement and crowd control, not really digging it for guys already covered in lower armor.

If there was a rule that could upgrade one for a particular purpose I’d be down with that. Otherwise regular Marines already have units with Storm Shields so it seems a tad redundant.

I'd spend 1cp to upgrade intercessors and add combat sheilds to em.

I'd spend 1cp to upgrade intercessors and add combat sheilds to em.

Not in a thread about classic Marine units, you wouldn't :p

I think the only hope for a classic marine release is a new HH box. We all know that Calth and Prospero we're big sellers for a while so my hope would be for something with mk 6 armor and...something else. I dunno. I just like classic beakies.

In a setting where "older is better," I think there's a massive opportunity to have 30k/HH equipment show up in limited roles in 40k.

Even just the different types of 30k HQ's that could be ported--in a limited fashion--into 40k would be amazing. Vigilators, Praevians, etc... It would have to balance the "lost to time" mystery/evolution of the setting with the so-revered-its-worshipped aspect of things, but I think it could be tastefully done. Even just having a suit of MKII/III/IV armor on a dude could give +1W +1A +Ld or such to reflect the psychological boost of a dude who's using the same armor his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-(gene-) grand-daddy* used when fighting Horus.

In short, I think every (major) SM chapter should have a special unit and/or HQ. Shame there is isn't a White Scars special unit, even if it were just Codex-level Company Vets on bikes. With curved swords. And cyberhawks. And moustaches.

Raven Guard could get super-scouts. Salamanders could get heavy flamer Devastators** that can focus fire as meltas (speaking of 30k).... Iron Hands could get bionic-marines and/or an Iron Father special HQ type (techmarine + Captain all in one). No idea what Imperial Fists would get....fancy Honor Guard as well? Titanhammer Terminator squads? Those are all stereotypical choices, but I think that would be the best.

Honor Guard would be a secondary choice, though going with the above I would want them to have different stats/equipment to reflect their Chapter's different natures.

Then again I'm firmly in the camp of wanting things to be differentiated and not just yellow/green/black/white/red/dark-green/Fenrisian Grey shades of Ultramarines.

*assuming SM live 100years each, that's 10 "grandfathers" a milennia x 10 millenia for 100 levels of "great-" grandfather

**weird how Blood Angels can take 4x Heavy Flamers in a Devastator squad, yet Salamanders can't.

Edited by Indefragable