What new Classic Marine units would you like to see?

Captain Idaho

What new units for Classic Marines would you like to see?  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vet bike squads.

Chaplain on bike.

Tech Marine on bike.

Lieutenant on bike.

Terminator LIeutenant.

Non Ultra Honor Guard.

A Relics of the Chapters set, with actual Teeth of Terra, Shield Eternal, a single artifice armor model covered in eagles with maybe a winged helmet for the Armor Indomitus, a Crusader's Helm head, etc.

A Crusader Squad pack that comes with 10 models, as well as 10 BT chainswords bolters and one of each heavy, special, and combi weapon + the extra heraldry to kit them out. It'd b nice to buy it all as one kit. Especially if they flavored them up with MK III sculpts or something.

I think you're in the wrong thread

Considering the effort people put into "true scale" Marines, and the fact Primaris models are being used to make "true scale" versions of classic characters, I think not.

If you want to talk about what Primaris wishlisting then there are threads you can do so. You're welcome to post in this topic but remember the forum rules which include disruptive behaviour and (in this case potentially) trolling.

This topic is clearly defined and relevant to Classic Marines not Primaris.

Chapter Specific Units !

To vary the play styles and have quite different but effective play styles for the Marines.

Currently, there’s one playstyle for all the Marines due to sharing the same Codex. BA and SW has more options, but even more playstyle options would be great !

Animal skull helms for Chaplains, as part of certain Chapters' HQ upgrade kits- raven skull helms for Raven Guard Chaplains, drake skull helms for Salamanders Chaplains, maned lion skull helms for Celestial Lions Chaplains (or Dark Angels successors' Chaplains, if you favor this look over their traditional hooded skull), maybe even bull skull helms for Minotaurs Chaplains.

Why should the Space Wolves Wolf Priests be the only ones to look special?

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Um......guys you know that customizable Honor Gaurd already exist? As do Biker Veterans, and characters on Bikes (beside Liutanents) in the index? Also for Upgrade Sprews, we have Imperial/Crimson Fist, Templars, Iron Hands, and White Scars*? Alongside the new Primaris IF and Ultra upgrade sprew.

But my vote for chapter specific units (Biker Crusaders!). Through in terms of Veteran Units customizable by chapter.....Company Veterans exist?

*Also Forged World has upgrade sprews for most chapters some are nominally for heresy. But tbh can be used in 40k just as well

Edited by Schlitzaf

Um Honour Guard are 2 Power Axe models (no more, no less) with a bolter. There are no Biker characters in the Codex.

Index equals not supported. No new points or rules or models.

Per the Designer's Commentary (last page), Index rules are still valid for 8th edition. I'd hardly call that "not supported."

Whether or not that'll continue in the next edition is debatable.

Anyway, I voted Breachers.

Per the Designer's Commentary (last page), Index rules are still valid for 8th edition. I'd hardly call that "not supported."

Whether or not that'll continue in the next edition is debatable.

If it's in the Codex, it's supported. Quite a few Index options have already been left to languish after two CA balance passes (eg, Wolf Guard with a Jump Packs/Wolf Guard Bikers; Blood Angels Company Veterans with Jump Packs; hell, Honour Guard themselves).

If it's not in the Codex, it's basically stuck "as is."

Honor Gaurd got sigificantly better with price reduction of Relic Blades. If Honor Gaurd could be taken in larger squads they’d actually be a decent unit tbh

Sure, they got better, but I doubt that the Relic Blade reduction was anything related to Honour Guard. It would also be nice to have some official model variety, particularly since GW events are GW Models only.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm casting my vote for 'Other' because there's still hope for a plastic Thunderfire cannon with the techmarine gunner, who could also serve as a techmarine in full servo harness. Perhaps it could have the missile as add on components to add to the gunner for that option and a hefty poweraxe for a normal techmarine.

The Finecast TFC was a total horror to assemble and it would have been nice to get some more.

While were at it the Forge World resin models are the only available single servo harness Techmarines, so it would be good to have a clamp-pack character like the Space Wolf Iron Priest.

Other - New unit, failed primaris protocol marines. Those that chose to undergo the transformation but could not complete it, they should have a special suit or new life support system added, they would be old marine size, some strength at the expense of something marine related.

Would be nice for them to not outright abandon older units imo. Those who say "index = support" seem to not get the idea that those were stand-ins til the codexes got here. GW are trying to stomp down on diversity of units in the wrong places. No-one would of wept a bitter tear for losing those failures of armour called "anti-air", Stalker and Hunter but you know what goes instead? Biker options. Because hey, people didn't use those right...well not commonly but certainly I would wager more have chaplains and librarians (heck even techmarines) on bikes that both stalkers and hunters put together.

I want to see the return of letting us chose our options openly. The Primaris are in serious need of getting their HQs sorted but that isn't for here. Honour Guard are a joke...seriously they are saying "use those ultramarine ones or nothing at all". Heck, we have lost all semblance of some units in the fact that they overlap so hard, it looks like when your little brother just started mario kart when you've been playing for years! Assault Marines, Vanguard Veterans, Sternguard Veterans, Company Veterans, Tactical Marines and Devastators. Out of those, look at them. Sternguard set themselves apart nicely with their unique boltguns, Devastators hold some sway still but only just, Tacticals are a meme and the Veterans just don't cut it because Company Veterans may as well just say "Special weapon squad, when you mean it"

Hey, want me to even lay into the JOKES that are those various characters we have that never see use (like chapter champions and company champions?).

Yea, lets cut weapon options and unit choice yet these vestigial units are obviously them trying to "support" things in a terrible way as they have no application due to no options. Champions may be useful if they weren't outright jokes. Ether play them as they come or not at all. K. Not at all it is then, you win GW.

I want to see actual support and reinstating of options. It costs them nothing but a tiny amount extra ink and -gasp- formatting, so why not? Not like I am asking for new models, just for the data sheets to give us options. I want the paper to allow me to do things...not take it away. I swear, stalkers and hunters only stick around because they still have stock to shift of those terrible tanks (if they still make them...why?) 

Yeah there does appear to be a seismic shift away from anything that doesn't have specific models. GW would rather 6 different boxed sets of the same character, all monopose, than the old Captain kits (expanded to Characters just as easily) where you can customise.

It's like GW are angling to remove some of the aspects of what the hobby about. Painting and gaming is still there. Modelling to be replaced by assembly...

I would like to add as well that GW may want to take the whole "range refresh" idea and maybe sit down and if they want to standardise things then I am all for it but in a reasonable way. I would like them to actually make a larger box for characters. Instead of just a commander box, make it the straight up one stop box for HQs or characters. Make it able to create 3 characters out of the box and charge 30 bucks for it and the kit would contain parts for an Ancient, Champion, Captain (though that naturally occurs due to their ability to carry anything melee!), Librarian, Techmarine, Apothecary, Lieutenant and chaplain. Throw in one jump pack and bike and then since marines have terminators, make another box that is similar but for terminator parts. BOOM, I have just solved a MASSIVE issue GW has with having to have moulds for 4-5 different tiny kits that all take massive space all now condensed into 2 boxes the size of a tactical squad box and it doesn't even add to the space issue as it replaces the commander box that is there already!

Hey, even throw in a third box for Primaris variants if they want.

Personally I love how modular the space marine range is. You can literally buy a squad of Assault, Devastator and Tactical squads and all the parts are interchangable. As it stands, I like the new models they made for Primaris, the chaplain I love for primaris and the gravis captain seriously needs a separate release. I feel however that their lack of options really hinders them as I am not going to lie...seeing the same pose over, over, over again kind of kills the cool factor.

For Classics, just give us a lease on life by ether giving us purpose for existing or they can just pull a quick on and just amp all old marine stat-lines to having +1 to wounds and attacks and just state in fluff that cawl perfected his primaris program and that all marines can become primaris overnight because he is able to use his super science to sort that out real quick.

Edit:

Hadn't voted yet so put down mine. That tallies me as the 99th. You are welcome 100th voter, you will win the prize!

Edited by chapter master 454

I've also thought consolidated boxed sets are the way forward for GW and Classic Marines are in a great position to start that process. As you said, 1 boxed set that builds 3 Characters with all the bits, a Space Marine box that just has 10 Marines and a then you can have 2 more boxes that have assault weapons with Jump Packs and another with heavy weapons which can be added to that Space Marines box.

That is an "other" GW should really consider. 4 boxed sets that encompass an entire range (Veterans are just Marines. The Command or Space Marines box should have the bits for gothic and Vet extras)