What new Classic Marine units would you like to see?

Captain Idaho

What new units for Classic Marines would you like to see?  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So this is at least 150 requests for new classic Marine models on the community survey I assume? :wink: The fresh Chaos Termies make me really want updated loyalist ones :sad.:

Well :censored: thats another thing I forgot to add. I really need to do it again.

Can we have this same topic but for Primaris?

Of course you can. But not in this thread, so go make a new one :lol:
We don’t really need to do one. The last thing the forum needs is an over abundance of polls about meaningless topics. If you start allow polls because certain members want ‘fairness’ you’ll have to allow polls for everyone. They can take it to their Twitter if they want a poll.

But isn't this a bit meaningless aswell, with the prospect of Non-Primaris Markmes going the way of the Dodo?

I know what "we" want can differ from what GW will actually give us pretty much. Of course in an ideal case there will be more Old Marines, but I personally doubt they will get any bigger releases, except for the odd model hete or there.

Where do you draw the line then?

And I would assume not just Ishagu would like a thread like that. Many, MANY Newcomers by now start off with Primaris and want to add to that!?

And he is asking for ONE other thread with a poll, not a bunch.

But shooting the idea down because it comes from Ishagu and is related to Primaris probably triggers two alarms at once for some people...

Despite that:

+++SWORD & BOARD BREACHERS+++

For everyone.

Best case scenario with "adaptable" rules.

At the start of the game you declare if they follow one of three protocols:

1. Bulwark of the Renowned - They get to bodyguard Characters, similiar to the 2 Victrix Guards of Marneus.

2. The castle that walks - something that allows them to advance upthe board more easily or reroll their charge!?

3. The Undying Wardens - something that allows them to bunker down on an objective or really tarpit a certain position, giving them more survivability, if they do not move.

=][= The ability to make polls is limited because it generally gets over abused by Frater. Thanks for asking but I actually don't have the capacity to grant the creation of polls for Frater. You CAN most definitely make a topic without a poll asking members here what Primaris they'd like to see (if we haven't already got one?) and I suggest we go from there. =][=

I won't post in that such a thread as I'll only say "Breachers!" which is fairly predictable! (Who am I kidding, I'm totally going to make such a post!)

I won't post in that such a thread as I'll only say "Breachers!" which is fairly predictable! (Who am I kidding, I'm totally going to make such a post!)

[Mod Notice read and understood]

But in regards to your point:

Old Marine Breachers having shield + special weapons (Melta, Plasma, Flamer... Volkite? Who wants Choom eh?)

Primaris Marine Breachers with shield + close combat weapons loadout for the squad?

So they aren't necessarily the same, fulfill two slightly different roles, bur synergize really well?

...so something that mends the rifts between both generations/the fandom? ;D

Edited by RikuEru

=][= The ability to make polls is limited because it generally gets over abused by Frater. Thanks for asking but I actually don't have the capacity to grant the creation of polls for Frater. You CAN most definitely make a topic without a poll asking members here what Primaris they'd like to see (if we haven't already got one?) and I suggest we go from there. =][=

Cool, can you make it then?

No; as outlined polls are not standard and by request only. In this, I would have one request for you first before it can be considered: respect the rules. Perhaps if your recent disregard for them and requests from the team improves we can revisit this.

This is the last comment that will be made on this; anything off topic will be removed without recourse and further penalties may be incurred. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, after a year of total silence about the firstborn, I'd probably be happy with some updated molds (terminators, bikes etc.)

I just want some better rules xD

What are destroyers actually? Heavy weapon assault marines?

EDIT: better instead of useful, SM are not useless, they're just not good.... arguably.

Edited by T1Mb0s!x

Breachers would be cool as well. But I don't think the shields would add a lot mechanically, could be decent if it gave a 4++, or some special rule. Edited by T1Mb0s!x

Just to reiterate how awful the finecast Thunderfire Cannon is next to the old metal techmarines in pictoral format:

1saVkqM.jpg

The metal ones were twice the price of the finecast on Ebay so a new plastic one would be the best thing ever.

Would there be much demand for Chapter Serfs as supporting models in the game or would any potential models for them be strictly for dioramas and such? Maybe they could pass ammo to nearby infantry and grant them buffs?

Would there be much demand for Chapter Serfs as supporting models in the game or would any potential models for them be strictly for dioramas and such? Maybe they could pass ammo to nearby infantry and grant them buffs?

I see no focus on Chapter serfs in the tie-in media- video games, comics, Black Library novels. Until such a focus is given (e.g., Black Library asks Dan Abnett to write One Final Service, a novella about a Chapter serf reflecting on his life as he prepares to sacrifice it for the Marines he serves), there's little to no point to making specific models, instead of letting us modify some Astra Militarum guardsmen to serve as Chapter serfs. The same problem existed with AdMech Skitarii, before Games Workshop gave them their own Codex.

As for a buff, what do you have in mind? Allowing nearby Marines to increase their weapons' rate-of-fire by one, i.e., a boltgun becomes Rapid Fire 2, a storm bolter becomes Rapid Fire 3, a Devastator's heavy bolter becomes Heavy 4 instead of Heavy 3, etc.? Such a buff makes more sense if there's a nearby Munitorum armored container for the serfs to pass ammo from.

I always liked the idea of a Chapter Serf unit. Maybe if they're within 3" of a Marines unit said Marines get to reroll hits? Perhaps they can reroll saves of a 1 (maintenance an all that)?

Something like that.

I always liked the idea of a Chapter Serf unit. Maybe if they're within 3" of a Marines unit said Marines get to reroll hits? Perhaps they can reroll saves of a 1 (maintenance an all that)?

Something like that.

That's an interesting idea.

Plus, there's a precedent with the Black templar Cenobyte servitors that have a somewhat similar role.

Servitors are a bit different than serfs. I don't really see them as combat personnel at all, and none of their maintenance that they do seems like something that would be done on the fly in the middle of combat anyways.

All that aside, they're definitely not a classic marine unit anyways. Anything that they could do they could be doing for Primaris as well.

They aren't classic marines but they're failed 'almost scouts'. The models could fit the aesthetic of marines with lots of robes, augmetics and carrying ammo and spare bolters for the battle brothers but with a t-shirt/ robe 6+ save and some kind of bonus for the augmetics.

I was thinking that if a Chapter had a very stringent pass rate for an applicant to become a full-on scout then they could end up with a small army of Chapter Serfs.

They could even be divided into logistics, spare pilots/ drivers for when the Chapter needs to make armoured/ air assaults, medical assistants and a supporting combat unit for the very best that almost made scout but just failed at the final hurdle, to sustain a life-changing injury but is still kind of alive.

@ Bjorn - probably like the plus to hit modifiers, as described by Captain Idaho.

Edited by longjohnsilver