Community Survey 2019

Sete

The time has come.

2 years ago the community overwhelmingly vote for plastic Sisters of Battle. This year, their endless patience and undying devotion will soon be rewarded.

Now I come humbly before you to make a request. You don't need to heed me, I know I'm an obnoxious dick,insufferable and sometimes miserable person but that derives of a heart full of passion. And sometimes that turns into an overwhelming frustration.

That's because of my waking obsession with my boys in black, the scions of Sigismund, the Black Templars.

If you find the will and kindness to lend your voice to mine, I would beg of you to vote on the return of the Black Templars codex.

Even if it's not what you want, a quick mention or note on it would go a long way to make this man's dream come true.

I have nothing to offer in return other than my sincere gratitude.

No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear.

If you aren't voting for another plastic Heresy box (specifically Mark II - we know the CAD files exist now) then there's something wrong with you.

Seriously though; don't waste your vote on memes, people.

I will definitely put forth my opinion for a BT codex, not only because they deserve it but because they are similiar to how I build my Norse chapter. Depending on the rules I might switch from SW to BT codex.

I am also going to voice out for chapter specific Primaris so we can all have some unique units and hereos (and yes Ishagu before you even start that means UM specific honor guard). I feel as though many chapter suffer from lack of troop identity and I hope with Primaris we can get that back.

At some point GW said they would never "Squat something" again, but that's pretty much what happened to Sisters and to the Templar indipendence. the 2017 survey had them reverse the first mistake, so its just fitting that this one reverse the other :wink:

You can't really compare the Sisters of Battle's situation since third edition with the Black Templars. The Black Templars have plastic upgrade sprues, a plastic Land Raider variant, three special characters, and the sword brethren in resin. On top of that, the Black Templars are a variant of the most extensive range of models and have always had rules printed in physical codices (maybe not in the way you like, but they still exist). The Sisters have, since third edition I think, not had a real codex (and even that one was actually an Inquisition codex). We've had a White Dwarf codex, a digital codex, an Index, and a beta codex.

I get that Black Templar players feel betrayed, but when I switch out my case from Sisters to Heresy marines, the case is far lighter. Why: because all of our infantry, our only Walker, and half of our main battle tank are all solid metal (most of which hasn't been updated this millenium). There are university students right now younger than the majority of the Sisters' sculpts. It's not the same.

Whilst I do believe Templars should have their own dex again (even though your basically codex compliant anyway, you just need to babysit your scouts until your close enough to charge then they become bullet shields ;) ) I think plastic MK2 would make GW more money, I do wish you all the best on your crusade, a new dex would mean my old gaming buddy would bring his Templars out of retirement and I would have to start Death Guard again to relive the hellish cityfight battles we had back in 3rd/4th ed.

Archived