Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Community Survey 2019

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,473 posts
The time has come.
2 years ago the community overwhelmingly vote for plastic Sisters of Battle. This year, their endless patience and undying devotion will soon be rewarded.

Now I come humbly before you to make a request. You don't need to heed me, I know I'm an obnoxious dick,insufferable and sometimes miserable person but that derives of a heart full of passion. And sometimes that turns into an overwhelming frustration.

That's because of my waking obsession with my boys in black, the scions of Sigismund, the Black Templars.

If you find the will and kindness to lend your voice to mine, I would beg of you to vote on the return of the Black Templars codex.

Even if it's not what you want, a quick mention or note on it would go a long way to make this man's dream come true.

I have nothing to offer in return other than my sincere gratitude.

No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear.
  • Mazer Rackham, bolvar, Reclusiarch Krieg and 4 others like this

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,129 posts

If you aren't voting for another plastic Heresy box (specifically Mark II - we know the CAD files exist now) then there's something wrong with you.

Seriously though; don't waste your vote on memes, people.

• Lord Marshal, m0nolith and Vykes like this

mkbKIlr.png

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,747 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

[...] vote on the return of the Black Templars codex. [...] No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear.

+ NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR! +

• bolvar, Sete, Brother Talarian and 1 other like this

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts
You know, I've been given what I want, GSC, Chaos, and Sisters. I will happily throw out how much I want Black Templars love, for my zealous brothers in black.
  • Honda, bolvar, Sete and 1 other like this

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,440 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes
Where is the community survey?
  • Brother Talarian likes this

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,461 posts

Templars all the way from me!

• bolvar, Sete and Brother Talarian like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Executioners Chapter  happy.png

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,628 posts

The Codex Astartes does not support this action.

That's why I shall support your cause Brother Sete.

We have dug our graves in this place - and here we shall triumph or here we shall die!

MR.

• bolvar, Reclusiarch Krieg, Sete and 1 other like this

I solemnly swear that if anyone names their character "Axly McMurderface" or something along that line that I will make it my personal quest to bring him down and feed his defiled remains to the Ruinous Powers. THEN I will find out where his player lives , get there, kick your door in and BURN any physical character sheets you made!

Deathwatch/Black Crusade RPG Characters in the making: Baddie McStabworth / Chopface McKillersmith / Hatchet McSlaughterguts / Sandbag McBulletsoak

=][= Deathwatch PBP Game =][=

IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,021 posts

The Survey is still forthcoming (I think?), but will be here soon, I believe, actually lost my head for a while there, thinking it had already arrived.

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,445 posts
  • Faction: SW? IDK anymore, and DG
I will definitely put forth my opinion for a BT codex, not only because they deserve it but because they are similiar to how I build my Norse chapter. Depending on the rules I might switch from SW to BT codex.

I am also going to voice out for chapter specific Primaris so we can all have some unique units and hereos (and yes Ishagu before you even start that means UM specific honor guard). I feel as though many chapter suffer from lack of troop identity and I hope with Primaris we can get that back.
  • Sete likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
"It has been said that the Lord of Ultramar sees little else besides the primacy of his own culture. For him, all worlds might as well be Ultramar." - Diplomat Pyke
"I would have expected that suggestion from Ferrus, or maybe even Horus, but never Russ. He has a hidden depth that one" - Primarch Fulgrim
"The Wolves were the Emperor’s red right hand–monsters in their own way–but how easy it was to only see the savage, to fear the axe and miss the subtle knife." - Prmomus

Jings

Jings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

If we're coordinating our requests, I wouldn't mind them updating classic marines to the Primaris stat-line. And by "wouldn't mind", I mean it really should have happened already and I'm gutted it hasn't. 

• bolvar and Jarl Caldersson like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,060 posts
Alright, I'll make a mention of it.

Doesn't hurt and it sounds like it could make a splash.
  • Sete likes this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,021 posts

At some point GW said they would never "Squat something" again, but that's pretty much what happened to Sisters and to the Templar indipendence. the 2017 survey had them reverse the first mistake, so its just fitting that this one reverse the other msn-wink.gif

Edited by Reinhard, 10 February 2019 - 12:32 AM.

• bolvar, Sete and Medjugorje like this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,996 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Plastic MkII and plastic MkIV assault marines.

The Heresy train has no brakes!

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Lord Marshal and Isinfier like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,528 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Is there actually a survey coming? If not we'll have to close the topic?

I have made a topic survey in Amicus regarding Classic Marines units we'd like to see. Perhaps that is a start?

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,653 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
Totally! I’ll definitely vote for extra Librarians this time and emphasis on God Emperor, not to mention strict adherence to the Codex!!!

:evil:

It worked so well for you guys last time, but I feel for ya lol
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Never in a million years would I want them to push for more loyalist Space Marine codexes or kits, regardless of chapter. The game is saturated as is.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 10 February 2019 - 12:53 AM.

• CastellanDeMolay and FlamingDeth like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,232 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Yeah I'll be voting for plastic Mark II sorry. Hopefully Templars get their time in the sun eventually.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

We'll see how much latitude we're given this time around, but at the very least I will try to work in a plea for more chapter-specific upgrade kits, such as for the Black Templars and the Iron Hands.

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Rather see some more Xeno miniatures , Hurd  would do nicely . But do have a little admiration for the Templars . 

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

bolvar

bolvar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Where is this survey? Gotta crusade it

• Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

No. It's TEMPLARS! TEMPLARS YOU HEAR ME!?

LALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

It's coming . . . like Abaddon.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts

If you aren't voting for another plastic Heresy box (specifically Mark II - we know the CAD files exist now) then there's something wrong with you.

Seriously though; don't waste your vote on memes, people.

This. MkII goodness and a HH starter box is all my wants right now.

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 481 posts

At some point GW said they would never "Squat something" again, but that's pretty much what happened to Sisters and to the Templar indipendence. the 2017 survey had them reverse the first mistake, so its just fitting that this one reverse the other msn-wink.gif

You can't really compare the Sisters of Battle's situation since third edition with the Black Templars. The Black Templars have plastic upgrade sprues, a plastic Land Raider variant, three special characters, and the sword brethren in resin. On top of that, the Black Templars are a variant of the most extensive range of models and have always had rules printed in physical codices (maybe not in the way you like, but they still exist). The Sisters have, since third edition I think, not had a real codex (and even that one was actually an Inquisition codex). We've had a White Dwarf codex, a digital codex, an Index, and a beta codex.

I get that Black Templar players feel betrayed, but when I switch out my case from Sisters to Heresy marines, the case is far lighter. Why: because all of our infantry, our only Walker, and half of our main battle tank are all solid metal (most of which hasn't been updated this millenium). There are university students right now younger than the majority of the Sisters' sculpts. It's not the same.
  • Firepower, Lord Marshal, Isinfier and 1 other like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,926 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

Whilst I do believe Templars should have their own dex again (even though your basically codex compliant anyway, you just need to babysit your scouts until your close enough to charge then they become bullet shields ;) ) I think plastic MK2 would make GW more money, I do wish you all the best on your crusade, a new dex would mean my old gaming buddy would bring his Templars out of retirement and I would have to start Death Guard again to relive the hellish cityfight battles we had back in 3rd/4th ed.

• Gederas, Sete and Isinfier like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,447 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Is there actual news in here? Looks like a post to panhandle a new codex.

• RikuEru likes this

4bVlhOy.jpg

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users